They’re not kidding about the “Blaster” part. This horn generates a shattering 132 decibels and will likely get just about anybody’s attention, even if they happen to be ensconced in a giant SUV with a phone glued to their ear. And that, of course, is a good thing...we all know that stock motorcycle horns are at times rather underwhelming. Fix all that and let ‘em know you’re there with this important safety device. Available in High and Low tone versions. If you are using only one, go with the low tone. 12V. 10A. 3.5"×3.5"×2.5".
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (26)
Items 1 to 20 of 26 total
- Blaster HornReview by Ted
- Replaced the stock horn on a Honda CBR300R. cozy fit without any fender or mount modifications. nice sound, I can actually hear it at 65 mph as do other cars now. (Posted on 12/23/15)
- Loud, but too large to fitReview by Bibendum
- This horn is loud for sure, however, it will not fit on an R1200GS with ESA. Be forewarned. (Posted on 7/2/14)
- Horn reviewReview by Fred
- Horn post too short (would not allow the original hardware; rubber mounts, to connect). With no rubber, horn double grounded, so would not work. Had to ground bracket in order to get it to work. Had the screw post been the same size as the original horn, this would have not been an issue. (Posted on 4/8/13)
- Am buying another pairReview by Rick
- I bought a pair of these, high/low, several years ago to install on my Valkyrie. They have saved my butt quite a few times. I am ordering another pair for my new Rocket. You can rely on Fiamm, they are compact and LOUD! (Posted on 4/4/13)
- ReplacementReview by Jerry
- This is a replacement for one just like it. I had a low and a high mounted on my VTX. I modified them a little to fit where I mounted them (near where the original was). These worked great and they were nice and loud. Even the low is way bettert than the stock. I lost the high between Gallup and Albuquerque, NM. It appeared as though the bracket I made over flexed and broke. I'll use a heavier on this time. (Posted on 3/24/13)
- Must have upgradeReview by Chuck
- This horn gets noticed! After testing out a standard replacement horn for the stock unit on my '72 cb450 I was not impressed. Not only are Atlanta drivers crazy they are constantly distracted. Your standard horn simply won't get heard. I mounted two (hi and low tone) horns discreetly tucked between the tank and frame and can say definitively these horns are perfect. Not so loud as to get someone pissed but loud enough to get noticed. I routinely give these a blast when motorists give me a reason. Mounting hardware is complete but you'll probably need more wire and pick up a relay. I liked them so much I bought two more for my jeep wrangler. (Posted on 3/21/13)
- Just what a motorcycle needs...Review by John
- I first got these horns (both high & low tone) quite a few years back for my 1981 Kawasaki KZ440, They were so good, I've bought them for every bike since AND two of my 4-wheel vehicles. Very loud and effective. With a relay, pretty easy to hook up and integrate, even on my KZ440. I installed a hi-low tone set on my Toyota truck and my new Corolla, exponentially improving the stock anemic horn on those vehicles also. I did have one of those european air-horn sets on my truck, the ones with two "horns". The Fiamm hi/low tone set are much louder than those air horns. I love these horns and any of my future bikes and cars/trucks will have a set installed. (Posted on 2/22/13)
- Fit a Honda Insight car like they were designed for itReview by Swenson
Our 2010 Honda Insight car came with a horn that sounded like a weak motorcycle "beep." The relay and high/low tone horns fit the car like they were replacement Honda parts - the relay on the old horn mount and the horns mounted below to a cross-member with pre-drilled holes.
Now if those deer would just pay attention... (Posted on 12/21/12)
- Aerostich Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
Sorry this item did not meet your requirements. You may send this one back and we will send you another to be certain it wasn’t a defective unit.
Also, if the mounting tang or tab a horn is attached to is different than the one used to mount the stock horn, this can greatly influence loudness. A horn vibrates a lot when activated, and the mount must allow this resonance, or the horn will sound ‘off’ or ‘flat’. – Customer service’ (Posted on 12/3/12)
- Freeway BlasterReview by dave
- Bought the blaster for my Triumph Explorer which had a very weak sounding horn. Install could not have been simpler, however blaster was really hard to tell if it was any louder than stock horn. Had to have my wife listen to each to decide. Only difference was blaster sound was much deeper sound like a car but really not any louder. Quite disappointed. Will look elsewhere for something louder. I would call this horn a freeway beeper not blaster. (Posted on 11/2/12)
- A solid hornReview by legrena
- This is a great horn at a great price. It is not obnoxiously loud, but when needed, it gives cagers the presence you need. I replaced the air-horn I had installed previously largely due to appearance, and although it's not as loud, it does the job and looks a lot better overall. This product is light years better than any stock horn. I can recommend it with confidence. (Posted on 5/31/12)
- Freeway Blaster is LOUDReview by Bob
- For many years I have looked in vain for a horn for my bikes that can actually be heard. I don't know what in the world manufacturers of small vehicles are thinking when they provide only high pitched horns that get no attention. I would prefer a VERY low pitched blaster as semi trucks have, but that requires a too large air storage tank that is just impracticle on a motorcycle. This Freeway Blaster is the best I know of. It is not as low as I would like, but there are probably no electric horns that are. However, the Blaster is LOUD. I can hardly wait to use it. (Posted on 2/23/12)
- Much better horn than stockReview by AZDesertRat
- Bought just the single low tone to replace a missing stock horn. Both tones would be better for sure, but it's still louder and deeper sounding than my other bikes. A very good deal. (Posted on 1/4/12)
- sounds like a car hornReview by Smitty
- I bought the low horn to get the attention of texting drivers because the stock horn on my ST1100 wasn't doing the job. I actually spent more on wiring, connectors, and the relay than the horn itself but it's worth it. It's plenty loud now and the surprised look on the driver's face when they see a motorcycle and not a car is priceless. (Posted on 12/31/11)
- CBXtra LoudReview by Don
- I installed a pair on my CBX and they work great, nice tone and quite loud - and they don't look obnoxous. They are very sensitive to moisture, one stopped working after getting water in it. When I replaced them after 3 years, the terminals were in a different location, almost seems like they are arbitrarily located from unit to unit which caused a mounting problem for me. (Posted on 11/22/11)
- Sounds like a '72 DusterReview by Fatboyee
- Put both the high and low on my '08 Raider. Now I sound like a '72 Duster....which is good. I used the relay but the horns only work with the bike running. I never honk standing still with the bike off so it's ok with me. (Posted on 11/18/11)
- Great Buy/Great HornReview by Ken
- I almost never use the horn but when I do I want it to get attention and this does the trick. Easy to install and easy to fit. Much better than stock BEEPBEEP horn! (Posted on 9/21/11)
- Works wellReview by Jeff
- Need both the high and low horns. Very loud and works well. I installed on a BMW R12GSA to replace the very anemic factory horn. A great improvement. I installed years ago on my K75C and wanted the new bike to be able to be heard as well. (Posted on 9/20/11)
- Does the job wellReview by Mike
- I bought the low only to replace the dinky sounding OEM horn on my V-strom. I used a relay and ran it direct. It's much louder than the original. I'm very happy with the results. (Posted on 9/2/11)
- easy install but not loud enough Review by efd158
- The install was extremely easy but the horn was not as loud as I would have liked. I only installed the one horn so plan on installing both if you really want to be heard. (Posted on 7/21/11)
Items 1 to 20 of 26 total
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- 3830 Freeway Blaster Horn (Low Tone):
- 3831 Freeway Blaster Horn (HighTone):