An interesting alternative to disc locks, this device allows you to immobilize your bike by clamping it over your throttle and brake lever or, alternatively, your clutch lever. There are four locking positions for your controls, and the Grip Lock is supplied with three different inserts allowing it to fit 98% of all handgrips. Featuring an anti-drill lock barrel and heat treated steel reinforcing bars molded inside, it’s as tough and effective at deterring theft as it is easy to use (and remember). Small enough to fit in a pocket. 6"×1.75"×2".
Casing: High-pressure injection moulded outer casing with 30% glass filled nylon. The casing material has been developed to resist high impact levels. Contains 3 x 3.1mm hardened steel inserts, which are slightly harder than hacksaw blades. Tests with hack saw blades indicate 3-4 minutes to cut each insert and the blade is totally spent after each insert. Hinge Pin: 5mm stainless steel machined to house a locating pin. Locating fixing pins for hinge and lock barrel are stainless steel. Lock barrel mounting platform protected by raised ring border to resist forcible removal.
Labeling: High quality poly carbonate identification panels.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (7)
- Had to discardReview by tim
- The lock on this item never really worked right for me. I kept it because I could get it locked and unlocked , usually, and I really needed a lock. It finally stopped working. I can't in good conscience recommend this item (Posted on 4/23/15)
- Grip Lock and Sidecar.......Review by craig
Added a large sidecar to my Goldwing. Since the bike doesnt have a parking brake and is not on a stand the idea of leaving it on non-level ground with only being in gear to keep it in place was not good.
This solves the problem completely. Easy to use - no problems at all. High quality lock. Not sure why it needs to be yellow - its always going to be used on the throttle side/front brake. (Posted on 5/16/14)
- Grip Lock works exactly as promisedReview by Doug
- Very visible on my bike, not only better than a disk lock, it's all a good visible deterrent to people looking for a bike to mess with, or push off of your center stand. Quick to put on, don't need to key to lock it. Small and light, great alternative for securing your bike. (Posted on 1/6/12)
- Wonderful!Review by KARL
- I used to lock my bike with a lock and chain, and I tried to drive off a couple of times after forgetting to unlock it. I've had no problems with the grip lock. The front brake lever doesn't go anywhere, either. Fantastic idea! (Posted on 1/1/12)
- Good but..Review by Desmolicious
This is a very nice, visual deterrent that you will never forget it is there (unlike disc locks!).
Only issue is that unless the fit on the grip is perfect, the body of the lock will flex ever so slightly, which results in the locking mechanism to bind. Easy to lock, diffuclt to unlock. The solution for my bikes was to remove all the fitment spacers. Only problem is that then the sharp edges of the lock body are starting to damage the rubber grip. (Posted on 7/20/11)
- I like itReview by tim
- This product is simple and it works. You don't have to remember it - it's right in your face if you don't remove it, and that's good . (Posted on 6/10/11)
- I have a 2004 Interceptor...Review by David Gwyn
- I have a 2004 Interceptor and I have been using the grip lock for about 6 months. It fits well, doesn't interfere with anything and stores easliy under the seat or in a bag. Best part is I have not been able to ride anywhere while this thing is installed and you can't say that about a disk lock! You cannot forget to take it off. (Posted on 2/17/09)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.