It coils, drapes and threads nearly like a wet rope, but is actually tougher than hell. Special ‘Made In USA’ proprietary cable manufacturing technology has more internal wires for maximum cut-resistant security. The UV protective vinyl coating will stand up to years of sun and abuse. Works great with #1174 Shackle on previous page. 9/16"×5'.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (2)
- Precise reviewReview by Rebecca
- Bought my dreambike, DR650 a few months and was setting it for travel. They took it last night. 3 guys and van. You know the story...like the flexweave cable. This is my second one. Lost the first or the ex got it, cant remember now. Easy for travel. So back to the review. It took exactly 1 hour to cut through it. 3 foot bolt cutters didnt do it. They brought out the grinder and blowtorch and worked at that cable ( all caught on camera but too smart to show their faces). You might think this is a bad review but no. I made the scumbags work for an hour to roll away with my dream. No cable or lock is full proof. All you can do is minimize the risk and make them work to get to your bike. They will get your bike with this cable but overall I was impressed. Have a nice close up picture up of the cut but doubt I can load it up here. PS. thanks for all the other goodies Aerostich. The tank panniers I didnt even have a chance to try out. Still my dream bike. (Posted on 6/3/16)
- PerfectReview by Gene
- I love it. It appears to be indestructible but it's relatively light and much easier to stow than a huge chain. (Posted on 7/17/11)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
Cables, Chains and Shackles: Securing Light(er)weight Small and Medium-size Motorbikes.
- Big heavy ugly chains.
- For somewhere bad you need to leave your bike on a regular basis station a large, expensive hardened chain at-the-ready, around something. Just leave it. The heavier and uglier the better. Huge good quality hardened steel chains take a while to cut thru with a battery powered angle grinder. And this makes a fair amount of noise and sparks. (Bicyclists who need this level of security rely on hardened ‘U’ locks. About the same level of grinder-resistance in a semi-carryable package, which unfortunately is pretty hard to work with on a motorcycle.)
- Big fat ugly cables.
- Not as good as a big ugly chain, but a lot lighter and easier to carry. They can be cut with either an angle grinder or bolt cutter fairly quickly, though.
- Light and medium weight cables.
- Pretty fast to deploy, easy(er) to carry, and enough to keep honest people honest. The precoiled bicycle types are a bit harder to thread through stuff compared to a straight cable, but lots of riders like them.
- Folding bars.
- A newish compromise. A bit harder to boltcutter snip than a cable of similar weight. And still cuttable with a grinder but again, plenty of sparks. Easier to carry than either a chain or a cable. More ‘threadable’ than a U lock. Maybe one of these will help you secure your scoot to a nearby trash can or street sign post?