Attaches to the crossbar on dual sport bikes with side release buckles. Makes exploring and wandering easier and more fun. In addition to the huge fold-out map display window there are a bunch of other pockets and zippered compartments to hold a note pad, writing tools, compass, etc. The world’s best way to carry maps on a bicycle or dirt bike. Black. 9"×5" outside window size. 13"×20" inside window size.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (6)
- Good but not greatReview by Bruce
Looking at the picture, the small window at the upper right is what you see while riding. You could let your map extend out the top a bit if you have a windscreen. Open the Velcro closure at the bottom to reveal a zippered mesh pouch in the upper half and 3 pockets in the lower half. Two of those are big enough for a cell phone or calculator and the third will hold a pen or tire gauge. Now open the Velcro on the right side to reveal a large map window. But a map in it is not the same map you can see while riding.
On my R1200GS there were handguard clamps occupying the places on the bar where I wanted to Ty-Rap the attachment clips. So, instead of the Ty-Raps, I found longer screws for the clamps and attached the clips with 1/4" nylon cable clamps with1/4" spacers under them. Very nice.
All I really wanted was a map holder that I could read while riding and I'd like to see something simpler with the same attachment points but with the map window extending about 2" higher. And maybe with the closure at the bottom. (Posted on 3/17/13)
- Very convenientReview by CeeBee
- Worked great for me, certainly a huge improvement over having to constantly dig the trail map out of my fanny pack. Large map area was really nice too, minimized the need to take map out to refold and expose a new area. Was initially concerned about whether the plastic buckles zip tied to the handlebar would be up to the task but they survived 4 days of serious off-roading without a problem. I didn't encounter any serious rain but I could see where it would be nice to have a bit better weather seal on the map compartment. For my uses (off-road) it would be a bit better without the extra pockets since all I really need is the big map window. (Posted on 9/14/11)
- Almost perfectReview by Joel
- Almost perfect minimalist map holder. However, it leaks a fair amount water into the map pocket during rain. If the velcro closure were on the bottom rather than the top, this product would be closer to perfect. (Posted on 11/15/10)
- Alternative to a tank bagReview by Ralph
- I used one of these for year on my old KLR as an alternative to a tank bag. Now that I'm back riding a KLR again, I'm buying the barpack for the second time. A great holder for maps, EZ Pass, my phone, and the like. (Posted on 4/9/10)
- Excellent product. Very ...Review by Bob Okada
- Excellent product. Very useful. Some construction complaints: the velcro seal on the map window could use a strip of material to cover and shed water and the cllips that are sewn to the case have not been in the same location on each side on the 3 cases that I have seen, so it fits crooked on your handlebar. Otherwise, it is a great layout and excellent value. (Posted on 11/23/08)
- I've used this for 2 year...Review by Lisa from Xenia
I've used this for 2 years on a DRZ and like it. It is very light, can carry the essentials of tire guage, pen, paper, earplugs, ID, and, oh year, maps... lots of maps.
Works very well for me and how I use my DRZ. (Posted on 1/21/07)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.