The simpler, easier-to-use twist grip cruise control. It’s a single piece of shaped acrylic plastic that springs open and slips right onto any throttle grip. You can rotate it forward 360°—yet when a downward pressure is applied it stays perfectly in place without squeezing. This is the original cruise control. Its still-unique design makes it the easiest one to use.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (17)
- no cramps, no worriesReview by darko
- I think it works perfectly. I'm glad I ordered the standard because I have just enough room to reach the rt turn signal switch on my R1100RT.If it's in your way in city driving, you can easily spin it clockwise till its out of your way till you need it again.Bgecause I have a thumb activated throttle lock, I can lock the throttle for a moment and spin it to where I want it. (Posted on 9/17/13)
- Standard crampbusterReview by darko
- I ordered the standard crampbuster because I was afraid that the wide one would take up too much space. It seems that this was a good decision because, with it mounted at outer edge of grip, there is just enough room to reach the rt turn signal switch in my R1100rt. I haven't been on any long trips, but I find it helpful on my 25 mi commute. When I get in stop & go traffic its easy to spin it back out of the way & then back when I need it. (Posted on 9/16/13)
- WIDE CRAMPBUSTERReview by BUNNY
- i HAVE KURYAKIN grips with rubber ridges, this was tight & difficult to put on (w/out rubber insert) and i did not like it for tight maneuvers, city or rides with lots of stops/starts - it is in the way when i need to have ability to vary accelerator by more then std highway same speed stuff....no way to move it out of way, was so cumbersome i pulled them off and threw into wind. (Posted on 10/4/12)
- WOW!Review by Donald H
- Does the job! Long ride was much more enjoyable. Remove for in town and short rides because it gets in the way. (Posted on 8/13/12)
- Excellent product!Review by Tim
- Excellent product, makes a huge difference on long rides. Probably not good for the grip over time (Posted on 8/8/12)
- Crampbuster/sReview by Jon
- In 2009 I did 11000km across Australia on an R1200GSA. A lot of it was on NT highways at 130km/h. I used a similar device. They take a little while to set up for the speed you want to do but they make riding much easier. (Posted on 7/13/12)
- Wide crampbusterReview by Steve
- great product- no moving parts to break, slips on, relieves pressure, and does the job. This is my third one -wouldn't be without it! (Posted on 6/27/12)
- Good productReview by Bill
- This is an inexpensive and effective product. It helps on long rides without breaking the bank. (Posted on 6/1/12)
- Crampbuster combined with Go Cruise Throttle ControlReview by Eric
The Crampbuster along with the Go Cruise Throttle Control work great and are inexpensive ways to reduce fatigue.
Regarding reports of slippage, just wrap a rubberband or two between them and the grip. (Posted on 2/4/12)
- awesome productReview by terry
- this thing really works great .no more cramped hands and it goes on in like 2 seconds (Posted on 11/16/11)
- Makes you wonder why these aren't standard on bikesReview by Neil S.
I love this thing to pieces. It makes it easier to maintain RPMs at a certain range (especially low ranges), which helps when I'm trying to balance the bike at extremely low speeds (no more engine rev blips that make me lose control). This came in especially handy on my last ride, which involved quite a bit of gravel/muddy/watery roads: I was the only one in our scouting team on a standard bike (the rest were on underbones and scooters). Pretty much everyone had to put their feet down at some point when we got to nasty roads. This little piece of plastic helped me control my bike (which is quite unruly, even in the best of times).
Oh, and it also pretty much eliminated cramps for me, too. If you don't have one yet, what are you waiting for? (Posted on 11/8/11)
- excellent designReview by machase
- Wide works great. easy to install and helps fatigue / cramps on long rides. (Posted on 10/7/11)
- Cramp busterReview by Deb
A great product. It's easy to slip on or off and it makes all the difference. A simple, easy
solution to hand fatigue and cramping. I'm getting one for my sister in law. (Posted on 9/15/11)
- Great on ScooterReview by Jerry
I bought the wide crampbuster for my Silverwing Scooter. They make it much easier to control the speed and easier on the throttle hand.
(Posted on 8/24/11)
- LOVED IT!Review by lar
- I bought this baby to ride 800 miles- from my house to Sturgis on my R1--Knowing that the ride would be long and some what difficult- I wanted to mkae the fratigued factor as little as possible- THIS BABY IS A DREAM- I use it all the time- long trips- ralleys- weekend cruises- Once you get it- you'll love it- it is the best $10 I ever spent! NO BS! (Posted on 10/3/10)
- agree with the above reviewReview by Peter Bruce Photo
I with the guy above,rode from SF 2 NY and it worked for a while but I will get another just wish it was tighter. I tried heating it up and making it smaller,that worked for a while. See the photos of me doing this at updownlongwayaround.com
Cheers Peter (Posted on 8/8/10)
- Worked great - for a whileReview by David
- This worked great on my KLR650 for about 3,000 miles, then started slipping and became unusuable. I am ordering another though - don't want to be without! (Posted on 5/16/10)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.