Wooden beads provide the movement and airflow riders need to stay comfortable in the saddle, mile after mile. Prevents “monkey butt” on extended rides. Proven by one million long-suffering taxi drivers over billions of miles. Available in four sizes and any color you want…as long as it’s black. Replace the tied on straps with the optional ROK Quick Release Straps for fast, easy on/off.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (15)
- It's OkayReview by Stephen
- I like the BeadRider, for about the first 50 - 75 miles, then it starts to get uncomfortable. It may be that I'm on the heavy side and if I were 60 pounds or more lighter it would be an entirely different story, but, for now, it starts making my backside sore after about 75 miles. I do admit that the airflow was nice but the pressure points really made for an uncomfortable ride after 100 miles. It's still on the bike and I'm going to try it out more but my initial reaction is not entirely positive at this time. (Posted on 9/9/16)
- Pleasure BeadsReview by jeffrey
- Pretty good initial feeling but after 500 miles I went back to my stock seat on my Concours 1400. I can see how this product would be great for a person of larger girth- skinny guys like me might need a different solution.I had high hopes for this item, butt in the end I gave these anal beads to a friend with a larger tusch (Posted on 7/20/16)
- Best optionReview by Zak
I've tried gel, sheepskin, foam and now the beads. The beads win hands down. After a day of riding (620 miles) and 10 miles from home I was thinking I could go another 100 but it was getting dark so I didn't. Now to get those fancy led lights.
I usually stand up to give the butt a break but I don't remember having to on either 600+ mile days.
I took it off when Minnesota turned cold thinking I didn't need the cooling any more, and noticed the difference right away and put it back on. Much more comfortable.
I wish I could find a bead seat with string and beads, I my truck the plastic will only last 3-4 years but I use it all winter. I figure the bead seat will last 10 years if I take it in out of the cold. (Posted on 11/21/14)
- Great comfort so farReview by Mike
- I ordered the BeadRider seat cover to combat the "Monkey Butt" I get when riding long distances in hot weather. The fit on my NT700V is excellent as is the comfort while riding. So far I haven't ridden a long distance over several hot days but I can feel the airflow under my tush so I know it will help. Looking forward to an extended test! (Posted on 7/16/14)
- Surprisingly comfortable!Review by STurgisSTeele
Very nice product! From the first time I sat on it, to the several hundred-plus mile trips, this BeadRider has been very comfortable. You can especially notice the air flow when the temps drop down a bit, so you know it's working.
Also, if it rains, the water doesn't pool.
Ultra easy installation and removal. If you can remove your seat, you can install this easily.
Overall, very pleased with the BeadRider and will be using it for a long time. (Posted on 7/15/14)
- BeadRider SeatReview by Russell
- The BeadRider seat was a pleasant surprise. It allowed air flow where needed to prevent 'monkey butt'. A cheap solution for a long distance rider. I just returned from my 3,800 mile trip to the BMW International rally in Salem, OR, arriving quite refreshed. (Posted on 7/30/13)
- good beadsReview by arthur
- works! makes seat more comfortable AND cooler (Posted on 7/19/13)
- Da BombReview by Richard
- Just got back from a tour of Colorado, and the BeadRider seat made a massive difference. NO Monkey Butt! I pretty much forgot about my derriere, which was far from the case without it (BMW R1100R.) Highly recommended. (Posted on 10/10/11)
- Not bad but not greatReview by Huss
- It works good to keep you cool, but a seat that hurts your butt after 100 miles still hurts your but it just isnt sweating as much. (Posted on 9/1/11)
- almost bearableReview by Cabman
- Beadrider is a big improvement to the DL650 seat, though I am still going to replace the seat soon, but will still use the beadrider (Posted on 8/27/11)
- Waaaay cool!!Review by "Maynard"
- No more monkey butt--these things work great. They make an unbearable seat comfortable. Hey, it works for NY cabbies, and it works on bike seats too. (Posted on 7/20/11)
- Cheaper than a CorbinReview by Jason
- Bought one of these last year at turning leaf rally. I rode to Kansas City then to Chicago on it. Loved it and cheaper than buying a 400 dollar corbin saddle. (Posted on 3/10/11)
- It worksReview by Big Al
- With the combination of cotton underwear, compression underwear (LD Comfort) and a BeadRider, I no longer get Monkey Butt on 500 mile days, or several. (Posted on 10/29/10)
- Low price, big improvementReview by David
Just the thing for travel,
to have between you and your saddle.
(Posted on 6/13/10)
- Low price, big improvementReview by Barnbaby
- World of difference between you and your saddle on a hot sweaty day. Best $30 I've spent in quite some time. (Posted on 6/13/10)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.