A direct and arguably paradoxical (thus generally overlooked) benefit of riding a motorcycle is the omnipresent feeling of vulnerability. Embracing that feeling is part of what humanizes us, allowing us to share, sacrifice, co-operate and live in a civilized society. Take away our experiences of vulnerability and we lose some of what it is to be human. Unlike a car (an engineered, climate-controlled capsule), which cocoons in a way that negates the feeling of vulnerability, the Sphere of Paradoxness gives is access to that feeling, in a safe way. High tech electro-plasma induced force field creates protective riding sphere around rider and bike. The EHD plasma actuator device optimizes protective field strength through electrode manipulation and on-board computer monitored flow control. While no objects can enter the sphere, the rider is still subject to Newton’s Laws inside the sphere. There-in lies the paradox. Protected from outside dangers, vulnerable to problems within. 12V.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (8)
- Lockout OverrideReview by Rich
- To BDavison: I did this as well and thought I was pretty well screwed but on close examination found a slight depression in the shield that allowed me to depress the horn button. It turns out the Sphere uses the horn as an override function, required by Federal law for access by First Responders. Simply tapping in the "Shave and a Haircut" sequence shuts the sphere down. However, unless the whole system is power cycled, the next time the horn is sounded it will reactivate quickly and it could cause injury to bystanders. (Posted on 10/29/15)
- Heightened Mortality SalienceReview by Gary
The purpose of the Sphere is to heighten mortality salience. However, if the Sphere is set too high, mortality salience may be debilitating. Users are warned to moderate the strength of the Sphere to optimize cortical stimulation without impeding motor control and prefrontal judgement functions.
Rock Chalk, y'all,
Dr. J. Hawk (Posted on 10/24/13)
- discontinuedReview by rampage
does this mean the cube of hypochondria has been discontinued?
is there an upgrade path?
(Posted on 1/21/10)
- FilteringReview by Porn-Hair
Don't try to lane split using this prodick..
Don't ask..... trust me (Posted on 1/19/10)
- FilteringReview by Porn-Hair
Don't try to Split Lanes with this product...
Don't ask... just trust me. (Posted on 1/19/10)
- VoltageReview by illnoise
- Man, another case of discrimination against owners of 6-volt bikes. Why can't you make a 6-volt version for vintage Vespas, and a positive ground version for british bike owners? (Posted on 12/3/09)
- great-now how do I get on?Review by bdavison
- I installed this and followed the instructions. I used the remote feature, and turned it on, but I cant get it to disarm. Everytime I get close to the bike, it knocks me across the room, and my hair smells funny. Im also getting this uncontrollable twitching in my leg. It works good though, the neighbors cat came by yesterday, and last time I saw it, it was running around in circles in their front yard, and its whiskers were smoking.. (Posted on 10/16/09)
- great - now how do i get out?Review by Ogmios
though wiring it up was a bit of a pain, once i had sorted the inline dylithium crystal fuse (15amp) and set the clock to "here+now" (i had it on GMT so it kept putting the lights on - thinking it was 8 hours later) - it was easy from there.
However... having entered the sphere i stupidly left the instructions OUTside! now i cannot exit!!! am sending this message from my cell phone. please send help - am tired and hungry and desperate for a bathroom! (Posted on 10/6/09)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.