Very comfortable and easy to wear—just like Elkskin, but made of slightly thinner medium weight deerskin so they’re ideal for casual, everyday rides, especially commuting and touring. No break-in needed; they will be as comfortable as prewashed denim the moment you put them on. Because they’re so light, absorbent and soft, they provide great control feel. Nimble enough to pick a coin off a table, yet strong enough for riding protection. The insulated versions have 3M Thinsulate and a brushed nylon lining, so they are perfect for spring and fall wear. Full and half sizes for a better and more precise fit. For insulated gloves, order 1/2 size larger than non-insulated version to ensure proper fit. Both styles feature thumb visor squeegee (not shown).
The classic all around American general work and riding glove. Reinforcing welt in the thumb and the middle fingers, elastic back. Full and half sizes, Regular (#422) size 7-11, Insulated (#423) size 8-12.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
- Like Butter Review by includedbark
- Very nice - should have got these years ago! Great fit and feel. All the Team Oregon Instructors are interested in these babies! (Posted on 7/4/13)
- Soft enough for a lady Review by Doug
- I have a 3 year old pair of the heavier cowboy gloves and they fit my hands perfectly, but they are now a bit stiff. I bought these deer skins for summer use and they are works of art. Perfect craftsmanship and materials with leather so fine I can really feel the controls. The night before riding with them I brought them to bed to share with my wife. They are really soft...get an extra pair for home. (Posted on 6/7/13)
- best one's I ever bought Review by team 525
- have been using deer skin gloves for last 20 yrs, got most of them from the local farm store, these were maybe 10$ more but are much better made an fit a whole bunch better, just all around better product, well worth the money (Posted on 7/18/12)
- Best gloves ever Review by Leagle
After experimenting with gel-cushioned and/or armored and/or ventilated gloves, these have been the best all-around gloves I have ever owned. The elkskins were too thick, and I happily use them for gardening.
I use these deerskins for my every-day commute in Miami, FL, and I used them for my Key West to Prudhoe Bay round trip - and everything in between. They are never too warm, even in the 107 degree AL heat this July 4th, and rarely not warm enough. I use the triple digit rain covers to keep dry or warm when necessary.
My only caveat is that the sizing guide gave me gloves that were 1/2 size too small. The return was handled professionally, just a time annoyance. GREAT PRODUCT. (Posted on 7/10/12)
- deerskin gloves Review by Jake
- This is my third pair. These are for a gift. My first two pair are my favorite gloves of all time. I needed two so as to alternate in the summer. When it is too cold to get by with these gloves and heated grips, I wear insulated gloves but can't wait to get them off and return to my favorites. (Posted on 1/4/12)
- Favorite Gloves Review by Oso Slayer
- My old leather gloves finally wore out after 8 years. I shopped around quite a bit before deciding to buy these gloves without trying them on. I was not dissapointed. They are soft, flexible, and sooooo comfortable. It's almost like putting on a pair of slippers. I now realize that my old "favorite" gloves weren't that comfortable after all! (Posted on 10/27/11)
- Nice; Very Nice Review by FSB_MC
- Excellent 3-season gloves. Wouldn't be without them. (Posted on 9/9/11)
- My first pair were purcha... Review by John Russell
- My first pair were purchased one year ago and I haven't a complaint. Wearing gloves all through the summer in the South seams crazy but even when the heat index was up to 114 with 80+ humidity these gloves are fine. Enough wind is cut that I don't require the insulated pair in the winter. Mine are worn for every sort of ride. Over 10k miles in rain, sun, heat, and cold, and no complaints. My kashmir lined gloves are now moth-balled. These gloves are comfy all the time, warm when necessary and cool as needed. (Posted on 5/1/09)
- Bought my first pair in 2... Review by John Crocker
Bought my first pair in 2000 for Touring, got a few more pairs as spare but the original pair are still going strong. Excellent Gloves the only ones I use now !
Thanks (Posted on 10/15/08)
- For the hottest of the ho... Review by Glenn Gleason
- For the hottest of the hot days, these gloves (non-insulated version) are perfect. They let in lots of air and wick away hand sweat fairly well, and the excellent quality seam construction and hide tanning make these gloves really comfortable. They are soft, elastic, and require no break-in whatsoever. I usually keep these gloves as work gloves, but on scorching days I take them on the bike. Are they really worth over three times as much as those $10 "deerskin" gloves at the local hardware vendor? Yes. Definitely. (Posted on 10/8/08)