These comfy 100% cotton shorts are great for wearing under a riding suit or anywhere. And everywhere else, too. Hand-made quality using a mid-weight cotton twill that gets soft and more comfy with each laundering. An elastic waistband and adjustable front belt, and two side pockets to hold stuff. Black, Green, Khaki, Dark Blue or Grey. We make these ourselves, right alongside the Roadcrafters. M (32-34), L (34-36), XL (36-38), XXL (38-40), XXXL (40-42) Specify Long (9" inseam) or the risqué Regular (6" inseam).
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (5)
- Twill shortsReview by Anthony
Too large, hope they shrink like prior twill pants I have had. Pockets too shallow, I like to have deep pockets to put stuff into.
Cloth feels sturdy, rugged, since it is new. Should mellow with a few washings. (Posted on 3/21/16)
- Who wears short shorts?Review by Matt
$60 seems a bit much, but...
I just got back from a 240-mile (temps in the 70s/80s) ride wearing the 6" shorts for the first time. I barely noticed them. The only time I did was after a pit stop and felt the them hems were a little tight around my thighs. A brief stand-up on the pegs let them shift against my riding pants. My butt did feel a little more chaffed than usual, what with the cotton shorts rubbing against my cotton boxerbriefs. I hope a coupla washes will reduce that, or a change in undies. But for my usual NYC commuting, these should work great.
And who doesn't love the CBT/short shorts look? (Posted on 6/2/14)
- Not Impressed for the moneyReview by Dallas
- I've never been as disappointed in an Aerostich offering as these shorts. I think they were very overpriced for what they are. They ran much larger than my usual size. Look baggy to the point I'm embarrassed walking around in public in them. I give them props because I think they may have been attempting to make the leg openings as large as possible so you could step through with boots. But in the end there's nothing here that couldn't be replicated by buying something two sizes too big at a big box retailer and pocketing the extra $20. Sorry. (Posted on 5/7/13)
- shorts reviewReview by tim
- great construction and fabric. BUT, the pockets are WAY too shallow. They need to be about 2 inches deeper because when you sit down all the stuff in them falls out. Happened in the car, chair at home, on bike, etc. If they came down almost to the hem then they would probably do the trick. Won't get another pair unless this is fixed. (Posted on 10/5/12)
- Aerostitch Coton ShortsReview by Van
- Excellent shots...highly recommended. Lounge around or put under your over pants!!! (Posted on 10/3/11)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
Cotton Riding Shorts
Something must be done about what to wear under your protective gear when it’s warm.
Modern synthetic textile riding pants (and suits) can be less comfortable than minimally-protective denim jeans, particularly when it gets hot.
The only kinds of gym shorts, workout shorts, and almost all other kinds of basic shorts available are made from high-tech, lightweight synthetic polyesters. These thin running shorts dry quickly, which is fine when running. But this doesn’t work when you are riding inside a protective suit or wearing a pair of nylon riding pants. And those wonderfully stretchy Lycra ‘compression’ bicycle shorts which sometimes feel so great on long rides have the same problem: Nylon and polyester worn directly between you and an outer layer of nylon (or polyester) is not especially comfortable when things turn warmer.
Step out of your gear at a roadside stop wearing only cotton boxers (or briefs) and as comfortable as this might be, someone is going to call the fashion-police, and they might come and haul your fashion-butt off to fashion-jail in the back of their fashion-squad car. Just for wearing your good ol’ fashion skivvies in public.
Old-school 100% cotton twill all-purpose shorts is what you need. Simple. Unlined. The kind that become softer and better the more you wash them.
If you are younger than about 50 you won’t remember them, because you probably never had any like this in the first place. But if you are old these were what you wore for athletics and gym classes when you were back in high school. Attractive? (Not especially.) But so very comfortable.
We looked all over the place for nice old fashioned cotton gym shorts exactly like these. You’d think finding some would have been easy, with Google and Alibaba and everything else that’s right there on the internet. And with Asia full of hungry garment sewers. Not so much.
Finding the perfect shorts was like finding the right temperature porridge in ‘The Three Bears’ children’s story. Some were too lightweight. Some were too elaborate. Some needed a separate belt. Some were too expensive. All had some type of goofy problem.
After a couple of years we gave up and stopped looking.
The hell with it. We made our own. Now they are being sewn every day, here. Right along with the riding suits and pants. In five colors and two lengths. Of a wonderful old-fashioned 100% cotton medium weight twill that gets softer and better every time it's washed.
These all-purpose shorts last forever and they don’t look bad when you are just standing around somewhere in your riding boots and a t shirt. Wear them under your riding suit or pants, with or without other underwear. (We recommend commando.) When you are not in your riding gear they look like respectable shorts, yet function like comfortable underwear when you are. Especially after a few washes.
Cotton riding shorts like these are essential riding equipment when you wear synthetic protective textile rider’s gear. They’re that important. Try them. You won’t be disappointed. You’ll ride all day in sweet comfort.