More than common and generic ‘outdoor’ fleece jackets, these are both tailored and engineered for riding. Each Aerostich fleece jacket is made right alongside the Roadcrafters and Dariens, and is designed to work perfectly within all of your riding gear. It’s a warm, draft-blocking, comfortable, lightweight layer of insulation perfect for three and four season rides. They wear wonderfully off-the-bike, too.
The details make a difference you can feel. We start with genuine Polarfleece (The original…there are many inferior copies) and YKK zippers. Each collar is tapered for more comfort with a helmet strap and the sleeve diameter is trimmed down for less bulk under riding gear. Sleeves are more forward rotated, too. And the long underarm ventilation zippers match Roadcrafter suits. Durable Lycra/nylon bindings at the hem and sleeves are comfortable and stop drafts without absorbing water.
The torso is also a bit shorter in front and longer in back for a better fit, and the sleeves are usefully a bit longer than you’ll find in typical fleece jackets. Zippered inside and outside chest pockets secure valuables like wallets, and zippered side pockets are placed slightly forward for easier access. A quick-draw inner chest pocket is ideal for sunglasses or a bandanna.
A high-warmth, low-bulk jacket that will become your favorite the first time you put it on. Machine wash. S–XXL.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (5)
- Bad Weather RiderReview by Dirtyduk
- I've been on the fence for quite awhile thinking my old sweat shirts were good enough to use in all the bad weather I ride in under my Roadcrafter one piece, The TLTec Windblocker is thinner and warmer and its a nice jacket to wear any time, I like the look and the feel, So do what I did and trash the sweat shirt and pull the trigger, You will be a Happier Rider (Posted on 4/16/16)
- I have to buy another oneReview by David
- Well, I have had one of these jackets now for longer than I've had my wife (8 years). I had gastric bypass surgery this year and I have shrunk down to where the XXL is just really too big for me but it was in the "old blue" which was almost an electric blue. When I got married I bought my wife one in the "new blue" which is nice, but not nearly as stunning. Anyway, to say they are durable is an understatement. They wash well (but don't put them in the dryer), they are easy to get stains out of, and living in Ohio I can say that I wear it down to about 0 degrees if I'm not riding, and down to about 40 degrees if I'm riding. I normally wore a 2XLT and the sleeves on this were still plenty long enough. They will fit under or over most riding gloves. I swear I've tried, but I haven't managed to wear it out. The one comment you will get used to is "Aren't you cold in just that light jacket?" Nope, just fine thank you. And you can continue to wear it the whole way up to 65 degrees and it breathes well enough to not be hot. Now all I'm doing is waiting to see how much weight I ultimately lose before deciding if I order the XL or just the L. Really, just buy one. Preferably while you are young so you can get your life out of it. (Posted on 11/20/14)
- THE light jacket - you need thisReview by legrena
- When visiting Aerostich this May (2012), I was in dire need of a light jacket. It's a lot colder in Duluth than I thought it would be and so Stephanie recommended this thing to me. It was just what the doctor ordered! It's pretty darn waterproof - tested this May in Duluth, completely windproof and overall absolutely beyond worth the money. Excellent quality, superb fit. I love it! (Posted on 5/31/12)
- Much bang for the buckReview by c1obrien
- When I first received this jacket I thought I'd been ripped off. It's about half as thick as my old fleece liner, and I deal with a lot of 20-30 degree winter weather. When I tried it I was amazed. For weighing almost nothing this thing keeps me really warm. -Must be some kind of high-tech magic. Now I wear it every day. (Posted on 2/3/11)
- the One and onlyReview by McFlip
- I purchased this item,replacing a different long sleeve fleece that I seemed to use more often than I realized until it was gone. Then came the Aerostitch sale. Armed with this knowlege and colder weather and an impossible dream to find that "better than the last one" I discovered this gem. It fits' snug under my armoured jacket, has an attractive design, but moreover, there are pockets everywhere there should be. Yes, finally exactlly what I wanted. A fleece that was warm, comfortable and attractive to boot. My first wearing confirmed my hopes, just perfect. However, after trying this item on the caveat was revealed...."Made in the USA"... (Posted on 1/28/11)