These thin, electrically heated grip pads are made of heat and moisture resistant material and securely wrap over your grips with hook & loop. Enjoy riding with warm hands on even the coldest days, without having to install replacement electric grips. Current draw is only 1.6 amps and they pack away easily when not needed. Heated grip pads let you wear lighter gloves for greater control feel on cold days. You can leave them on all winter if you want to. Standard (up to 36" wide handlebars), Long (up to 44" wide handlebars). 1.6 amps, 22 watts.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (29)
Items 1 to 20 of 29 total
- Good- Light Duty OnlyReview by harold
- I purchased my grips at the beginning of October in preparation for cold weather. Now two (2) months into use (100 miles per day commuting, 5 days per week) my right grip experienced a bad connection where the wire connects to the hand-grip. I was able to dissect the hand-grip and re-solder the connection. Time will tell how well it holds. Given extensive use, the grips make the difference between cold fingers and comfortable fingers at temperatures in the upper 20's. I'd recommend them for lighter-duty (lower mileage) applications than i am riding, but, for extensive use, they just don't seem durable enough to handle the frequent flexing experienced by the throttle side grip. (Posted on 12/8/15)
- Good for the priceReview by Repoman
- Simple to use and a low load on the battery, they get hot fast. Easy to move from bike to bike. These are effective (I use them with pogies/bar mitts) at 55 mph down to the 30s and at 35 down into the mid-teens. On longer trips I usually cycle them on and off every fifteen minutes or so since they can get too hot. Thanksgiving I used them back and forth across Michigan, six and a half hours on the return trip on my Ruckus. Seem to have melted a bit of the throttle side wrap. Covered the spot with electrical tape. (Posted on 12/4/15)
- For the price and function - great!Review by Devin
I own an '87 Honda Magna. So it's old, no-fairings (not even a windscreen) and very basic. I however am cheap, stubborn enough to ride in any weather, and a techie. So when I saw these grip warmers that were well under $100, easy to install with no other wiring, plus I could use the quick connects for other do-dads I knew immediately what to use my birthday gift card on!
I have no comparison to other grip warmers but I will however echo a couple of caveats from other reviews that I read before I purchased mine:
1. They get hot! I don't have any type of controller aside from just loosening my grip for a moment. This isn't a bad thing, just a nuance of their design. I'm sure if I had a controller they would be much more comfortable.
2. When installed, be sure to rotate them so that the seam falls in the crook between your thumb and forefinger. This makes them much less noticeable and seems to lessen any chance of them slipping around the grip (I have not witnessed this except when parked and just screwing around).
I have noticed a significant drain on my battery after use, however this is of no fault to the warmers. I just need a new battery I believe and to perhaps upgrade my stator. I only state this because I didn't consider this before installation and ended up having to call my awesome wife to come give me a jump after getting some petrol.
All in all a great product for the price and its intended function. Ride safe! (Posted on 12/28/13)
- Great product at a good priceReview by Mike
- Was going to by heated gloves and a friend recommended these. Tried them this week when the temps were in the 30's and they work great. Easy to install. Would recommend for any cold weather riding. (Posted on 11/30/13)
- aerostich warm wrap gripsReview by curt
- I ordered these grip warmers in April and and finally got to use them the end of the month. I have a 1700 voyager and found that the wiring could be a little longer from the split at the Y connection to the grips, even though I had ordered the long ones. Grips were easy to install and wire and worked okay I used them for about 6 weeks and took them off for the summer and reinstalled in Sept. they worked about 2 weeks and then no more heat, when I really started to need them. I was hopping for a better product that would last for more than 8 weeks of usage. (Posted on 11/1/13)
- AwesomeReview by Colin
- You can't beat these wraps. For the price, ease of installation, and warmth they are awesome. They sure do get hot at cruising speed but holding the grips loosely or opening your fingers cools them off quick. The fact they go over the grip allows for insulation from the bars which seems to be a big issue with the under grip heaters I was skeptical of the thickness of the grip but really can't notice them. Offroad i had more issues with the left grip rotating just a bit as i keep a pretty relaxed grip than the throttle side. Points of failure will certainly be the connections at the grips but looks like they have lasted years for many. The "Y" lead works great and theres no need to fasten the wires to the bars. The ability to switch these between bikes is great. (Posted on 10/22/13)
- Good product, butReview by Mal G
- They are a good product & work well, but they do tend to move around the grip. This can be a problem on the throttle side, where the wires tend to catch on the cables..My first pair broke one of the wires there, which, for me, was hard to solder satisfactorily.. Hence the second pair. (Posted on 7/16/13)
- Works as advertised, easy to useReview by richmintz
These grips are easy to take on and off the handlebars, and the connectors can be wired into the battery permanently and the wiring stashed away (e.g., under the seat) when not in use. The harness that wires into the battery has a standard connector that I also use for my battery charger.
The grips get very hot (which is good), but don't heat up all the way around -- there is one zone that is hotter than the rest. But given how easy they are to install and use, they're a great value.
Much more wiring is provided than I needed to reach the battery on my bike (a Royal Enfield). (Posted on 3/26/13)
- Sport touring...Review by Burt A.
- Great product! These in conjunction with the sheepskin saddle cover and a set of woodcraft clip on risers, have effectively converted my Aprilia RSV1000R Factory into a really versatile sport tourer! I'm now able to wear my elk skin gauntlet gloves when I'd ordinarily have to resort to much thicker bulkier winter gloves. Really innovative product that can be removed or installed in seconds and stored in a tank bag. (Posted on 1/11/13)
- Unbelevable warmthReview by Kevin
Got these for Christmas and installed them last weekend. Soooo easy, and without the need for grip replacment. I live in Florida and usually need heavy gloves a few times in the Winter. Now with these grip warmers I should be able to ride with my lighter gloves. Also when not needed I just remove them and wrap on the mirror post. Remember to wrap them on tight so they don't twist on the throttle grip.
The power cord could be a couple of inches longer even on the extra long size to allow for throttle twist. I ride a 2003 Suzuski VL800. Thanks for a great product. (Posted on 1/8/13)
- Really good valueReview by Dick
These little heating pads for your grips can't be beat. Just came in from a ride in low 30-degree weather, and my hands were comfortably warm. They do heat up fast, but letting go for a couple of seconds will cool them down to where you can grab them again.
I have a Goldwing and recommend the long version for those bikes. Installation took about 2 minutes. Great value for the money. Keep the seam up, so it hits the pocket at the base of the thumb, and your fingers will be warm. (Posted on 11/7/12)
- Easy Warm HandsReview by JoeR
- These things are very easy to install and work great. I was somewhat concerned when I ordered them that they would make the grips too fat or too soft. I haven't had any concerns with grip feel since I got them. The do get really hot, really fast, much faster than the heated grips on my other bike. I had an old heat troller that I used on an electric vest that I have since replaced. Placing this heat troller in line with the power source for the grips allows me to control the temperature of the grips. (Posted on 2/27/12)
- Great ProductReview by Charley
- I've had these for over a month and have been very happy with them. They do keep your hands very toasty thru thick winter riding gloves. I got caught coming home by a sudden forecast change, temps dropped to 21 deg and these grips kept my hands from freezing. Great product at a good price! (Posted on 2/19/12)
- toasted sub sandwichReview by bluestitch
Just got these grips a month ago. Don't know why but every time I turned on the heated grip, Quiznos (R) comes to mind.. actually I think it's more of their advertisement slogan "toasted!".
Ahhhhhh - no more frozen fingers. I've already got the Mobil Warming battery operated vest and now with the heated grips, I'm ready to conquer any cold weather. Well, I do live in the mildly temperate climate (SF bay area, CA) so the coldest that we get here is no where comparable to the east coast.
I have a hookup for my battery-tender so didn't have to do any additional power modification. It would be nice to have a temperature control built-in or a on/off light indicator. I do end up switching it on and off every 15 minutes or so as it heats up quite fast and gets very toasty. Nevertheless, I am satisfied with this product and would recommend it! (Posted on 2/9/12)
- Toasty digitsReview by SpiritTman
- Used them for the first time this morning. Very nice. Great addition to my heated gloves. No more grabbing onto frozen grips. Would be nice if there was a temp control rather than on or off. I had to shut them off after about 5-10 min into my ride. The grips did stay warm the remainder of the ride though. That was a BIG plus!!! (Posted on 2/5/12)
- Great product!!!Review by BOB
- I'm not going to claim that these grips are perfect, but for $55 you just can't beat them. I'd been trying to push myself to ride in colder & colder weather. The only problem I was having was my hands would start to hurt down below ~40 degrees. I'd seen other heated grips for a lot more money, but I was skeptical as to how well they'd perform. So I took the chance & ordered these and they are amazing!! Super easy to install. The hardest part was fishing the wiring under my gas tank to the batttery. I wouldn't want to rely on these for an all day ride doing 65 mph on an open highway on a 34 degree winter day. But for my daily 30 minute commute, along back roads doing 35-40 mph, I'm perfectly comfortable even down to 35 degrees. This product is definitely worth the asking price if you want to extend your riding season. It's also worth the price to see the looks from my co-workers when they see me walk into the office wearing my riding gear on a 30-something degree morning. Get this product, you won't regret it!! (Posted on 1/5/12)
- Warm gripsReview by Peter
- Excelent product,especialy usefull when you want to switch bikes.This is my second pair as the first ones got lost in a move.I use a Heat Troller to regulate the heat. (Posted on 1/4/12)
- Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
Hi there Ty.
Glad you liked the grips..... sorry that they gave up so quickly.
Your grips must have developed a fault, so a free replacement set will be shipped out to you today, as they are still under warranty.
Customer Service. (Posted on 12/2/11)
- Stopped WorkingReview by ty454
Just bought these this fall and have probably used them a dozen times or so. Installation was easy, as expected. When they worked, they were nice and hot, and I was generally pretty happy with them. Then yesterday on the way home from work they just stopped working about half way home. Some investigating reveals that there appears to be a discontinuity in the throttle-side grip, and because they are wired in series that means both of them no longer work.
I'll try another pair because they were so cheap and easy to install, hoping that it's just a fluke, but I admit to being very disappointed that they fell apart after a dozen uses.
(Posted on 12/1/11)
- Really Hot StuffReview by odd ball
- Really hot stuff. When I was a kid I froze my hands bad, makes it hard to enjoy the winter outdoors with out heavy gloves. I installed the Warm Warp Grips on my bike. Went out on a cold wet ride. Found my hands never got cold with lighter gloves then ever. This let me hold tight for the turns and good feel for the clutch/braking. Love em. (Posted on 11/21/11)
Items 1 to 20 of 29 total
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.