Bombproof dry bags that open fully across their length so you can get what you need without having to unload half your stuff. Strong webbing handles and quality fasteners make the bags easy to carry and use. The “fold over” seal is maintained with two unique, flexible battens that hold the shape when open and enable fast and secure closing. Totally waterproof, fully seam sealed PVC material is tremendously cut and abrasion resistant. Travel thru the worst weather without worrying about getting your electronic items, optics, beach towels, cold weather underwear, street shoes or favorite flannel shirt wet. Dry bag duffel bags like these are the easiest and best way to pack. Red, black, or yellow. S (10"×19"), M (11"×21"), L (14"×24").Dry Bag Comparison
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (33)
Items 1 to 20 of 33 total
- Great Ortlieb Dry BagReview by Barbara
- This is our second Dry bag from Aerostitch. The first one performs so well as luggage in all types of weather. It truely is waterproof, but so well made that is a must for any road trip. (Posted on 7/22/16)
- BombproofReview by Andy
- I've had this Ortlieb bag now for about 5 years -and it has been fantastic. Use if for more than just cycle trips. Of particular note - last week while riding the Blue Ridge mountains, I failed to properly secure the bag and lost it on the highway at 70mph. Fortunately nobody ran it over or was hurt - the bag had a few scuff marks but HELD TOGETHER - it was completly stuffed tight - and held amazingly. i was sure it would have exploded - awesome bag. (Posted on 5/26/15)
- dry bag- mulita tasking luggage valueReview by Eddie Larsonl
I've had my dry bag for 15 years. at first it was for the bike- keep my stuff dry. then I started using it for air travel luggage. then as a dry bag- what else?- for my kayaking.
it is so easy to pack, almost indestructible- that I don't know what I'd use in its place. (Posted on 10/29/14)
- Ortlieb rack pack 4.9Review by alex
- I am really happy with the bag and the price was right. I got it much cheaper here than even Amazon. I would highly recommend the seller. After I order the bag I saw the same bag for less and I email Aero stich and they match the difference no questions asked. Great costumer service. Thank you. (Posted on 5/15/14)
- Great bagReview by Jorge
- Just returned home from my first trip using this bag: a 3,100 + mile dash to Key West and back. The bag performed greatly. Fantastic! (Posted on 3/27/14)
- Long Tour requirementReview by Gary
- I toured from west TX to upper Manitoba on a Multistrada 1200S Touring. I expected heat this summer, but was dogged by rain from the 4-corners all the way up to Canada and back. I teach online, so I needed waterproof containment and the hard sided bags were not an option. I have two bags, a L and an XL. The L held my one piece Roadcrafter/vented suit, depending on conditions. The XL held my clothes and the laptop. These bags are so much better than the Givi top box and much cheaper. I strapped the two bags together using the attached straps, then strapped down to the bike using quick release cargo straps. The amount of gear I was able to pack was on par with my old Goldwing. (Posted on 10/24/13)
- Ortlieb Duffel BagReview by Marguerite
I have the larger size Ortlieb for longer trips. This size is perfect for weekend or short trips.
This bag and the larger one is AWESOME. Keeps my clothes completely dry and very easy to use. You won't be disappointed with his bag. (Posted on 6/25/13)
- Keeps dry and LOUDReview by RocketRex
- This is my second ortlieb I Have largest one in which I can pack my entire camp. The bag rides on my passenger seat section and also provides a backrest while moving. The Hi Vis raises awareness to other vehicles moving about. To the guy complaining about the zipper. This is a roll top, far more waterproof than any zipper. Would not travel on a bike without it!!! (Posted on 6/7/13)
- Not worth the moneyReview by gizmo97
- I got the bag today and to my surprise didnt have a zipper. It probably will keep the things dry but so will a plastic bag.You have to roll it closed then tie it down closed with the straps.If was half a price probably would be in range. (Posted on 3/1/13)
- Ortliebs won't let you down.Review by RCDinWA
- Having knocked out 27K miles this year, all of which were accomplished with a medium ortlieb bag, I can say this was a phenominal investment. I've used it to fly as a carry-on three times. It has never leaked, in spite of day long rides in the wettest of rain storms! So glad I didn't buy anything fancier or bigger. If anything, a second smaller bag is on my 'wish list' for next season. Don't forget a couple of RocStraps to hold it onto your bike, when you order yours. (Posted on 11/24/12)
- Flood proofReview by Mike
- These bags are an absolute must have Item for any trip.. Recently July 14, I was on my way to Homer Alaska from St Louis in Washington state the trip ended with a flash flood on rt 14 just north of the Columbia River, Well the bike was caught in the flood and swept 300ft down the road it came to rest in 2ft of mud and rocks everything not in my Ortliebs was destroyed , the med, and 2 small bags kept everything dry and secure (note; the straps kept the bags secured to the bike even with the tour pack and saddle bags broken and ground up) Look at it this way if you want to keep it put it in these bags period. (Posted on 8/14/12)
- You're Gonna Love This BagReview by Bob
- I purchased one of these bags earlier this year and it's been a part of every trip since. Mine is a medium size - yellow color. It's a great size and fits on top of my seat and vario cases without interfereing with the vario latches. The yellow color is fairly hi-viz and is easy to spot from behind. Another advantage of the yellow color is that it's easy to find things inside because of the contrast. It buttons down tight to keep everything bone dry and the material is bomber. The bag is a great addition to my travel gear and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. (Posted on 7/18/12)
- short strapsReview by Beemerrider
- great bag, used it right away for Americade. First thing I did was add strap extensions so I could close the bag. Fits nicely on the back seat (Posted on 6/18/12)
- Longevity concernReview by Nick
- One of the top straps broke the first time I used it; good news is no problem with a return so I will get a new one. I do worry about long term durability, based on this experience however. (Posted on 6/14/12)
- Best Bag EverReview by Efinref
- Aside from my Goldwing and Ergo II's.......This bag is the best item I have ever purchased. It is big enough for my clothes for 4 days. I have the large hi-viz yellow and strap it on my luggage rack and it gives me extra visibility. In the crazy Atlanta traffic, I believe it was a life saver. (Posted on 5/1/12)
- Dry as a LA summer dayReview by Saltywheels
- Just got the bag recently to fit on the rear rack of my trike & wasn't expecting to test it 'wet'. But oh boy oh boy did I !! The recent storms in Los Angeles- 3 days of it- tried their best to wet my gear inside. No such luck!! All dry & snug. Love it!! (Posted on 4/3/12)
- So far so good.Review by John
- I have not used the bag myself yet. But it does seem very well made. My wife used it for a trip and loved it. There was no rain so I can't comment on it's waterproofness. (Posted on 3/16/12)
- In The BagReview by Steve in VT
I got a large and a medium in yellow. The medium holds a lot, and the large is positively cavernous. No reason to have stuff hanging off the back or sides anymore.
Likes: Well-made and sturdy; hold a ton; highly visible, easy to attach, can be shrunk or expanded as needed with binder straps, medium fits nicely inside the large for storage.
Dislikes: plastic-hose handles aren't much help (instructions are included for removing them); bags are somewhat slippery and must be securely tied down; no instructions included (other than as noted above). They probably shouldn't be carried by the metal "lips" of the closure. And if the carry ring ends up under the binder buckle, roll it the other way.
(Posted on 3/12/12)
- BRIGHT BAGReview by swoody
the color is BRIGHT!
holds LOTSA STUFF!
keeps stuff DRY
matches my Ortlieb saddle bags
KEEPS LOTSA STUFF DRY!!!!!! (Posted on 10/11/11)
- nothing better than theseReview by twowheels
- Just returned from a 2600 mile sojourn from SF to Canada and back. I had two of these bags on the back of my 1200GS and it's the perfect way to pack. The bags performed flawlessly and they look like ones I can use for years to come. Glad I chose them. (Posted on 10/1/11)
Items 1 to 20 of 33 total
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
The Sincerest Form of Flattery...
Aerostich has a decades-long history with these. We had to buy them at first directly from their German manufacturer, as they were not available otherwise.
They were so superior to all of the other waterproof bags available at that time. Innovative. Pioneering. Better down to the last detail, of and made of such superior materials you could feel the difference at a touch. Assembled so perfectly you could not find a mistake anywhere. After you bought one, you discovered it worked so well you actually bought another one, and then also told your friends.
The smallest details mattered. For example, the reinforced PVC material used is stronger, more durable, nicer-feeling and wears better than the reinforced PVC used in lesser waterproof bags. After a season or two it didn’t get smudgy and dirty looking like those. Road dust and mud wiped off easier also. And the ultrasonic seam welding everywhere is impeccable. Sewing too. Same for all the side-release buckles and webbing. All-around 1000% first-class. Flawless.
These soon became the world-wide go-to waterproof bags for the most demanding and experienced riders. You can predict what happened next. Motorcycle parts and accessory companies made close copies elsewhere (in both USA and Asia)…but still none were quite as nice. And unless you looked pretty close, or used them for a while in some challenging situations, you’d miss the real superiority.
Bags a lot like these are mainstream now, and many cycle accessory retailers offer near-exact copies at low prices, except theirs are made of cheaper PVC (which even feels bad in your hand, so say nothing of UV resistance, tear strength and stuff like that), have lower-quality webbing, weaker side-release buckles and crummy sewing. Nothing wrong with all this, but such junk doesn’t last as half as long, looking half as good. And those cheaper side-release buckles are about sixteen times more likely to break in the middle of a trip, when you need them most, too.
I own four Ortlieb bags. All now over twenty years old, and they still look great and work perfectly. They are used often, and hard, and for a lot more than motorcycling. One’s been carrying my stuff on countless airplane and car trips. Two were strapped to the back of a motorcycle for a three-month 1996 trip from Minnesota to Mongolia via Alaska, Siberia, China and Japan. (…and even worked well a couple of times as an improvised ‘washing machine’ for dirty gear + hot soapy water, then closed and stamped on for agitation. Result: clean clothing in-the-absolute-middle-of-nowhere.) Since then those bags have been on dozens and dozens of other multi-day motorcycle trips. Still perfect.
There is a difference in drybags. These are the best. A pleasure to use. And the originals. These, you rely on. They are worth it. – Mr. Subjective, 5-15