By itself, the fully lined jacket worn alone is wonderful. Armored, lightweight, underarm and back-vented, nine pockets, cool-wearing, rotated sleeves, action back gussets, adjustable waist tabs and much more. Zipped together with the matching pants it's as fast and convenient to use as a one piece suit.
The jacket overlaps pants by about six inches. It is attached to the pants with a securely sewn 270º circumferential two way zipper that can stand up to stress and hard use. You can start the zipper sliders and connect the jacket and pant while wearing both.
Separately, the pants have a waist drawstring with cord locks, and there are two additional pockets sewn into its lining accessible behind the flaps covering the side zippers. All the features of the one piece design are included in the two piece, making this our most versatile riders suit.
The Roadcrafter Classic jacket is tailored to minimize wind flutter and drag at higher speeds yet it also is lightweight and compact enough to pack away small, or carry into an office.
Years of experience have proven the Roadcrafter Classic's abrasion protection and all-weather capability. Like all Roadcrafter's this suit is covered with innovations: high-visibility Scotchlite™ reflective,all those strategically placed pockets, provisions for removable arm and thigh map window pockets, optional hip and back impact armor, highly water resistant underarm and back vents, an ultrasuede collar, and a variety of adjustable tabs and zippers to fine-tune the fit.
The Roadcrafter Classic Two-Piece is all about attention to detail, real-world riding and meticulous craftsmanship. Mil-spec 500 Denier Cordura® GORE-TEX® fabric. Five colors: black, grey, hi-viz lime yellow, tan or cobalt blue. Six abrasion area colors: black, grey, hi-viz lime yellow, tan, cobalt blue, red, or silver. Machine washable. Men's 34, 36–54 short, regular or long. Women's 2-20.
Buy Both & Save
Purchase both the Roadcrafter Jacket and the Roadcrafter Pants and save $100 off the total price! Discount will automatically be applied during checkout.
- Color Picker
- Contrasting Color Thread
- Sizing Chart
- Sizing Tool
- TF Pad Removal and Replacement
Other ReviewsVideo: Roadcrafter After the Crash
Getting the Perfect Fit
We make Roadcrafters in many colors and over 25 different custom-alterable sizes. If you wear a size 40 men's blazer or sport coat, the same size Aerostich jacket will fit over your street clothes. If you’re unsure of your size, see the sizing chart or call and we’ll help you get the right fit.
We offer custom size alterations, non-stock colors and several specialized optional features. Roadcrafter Alterations are made at the customer’s expense. Standard suit colors: mix & match a black, grey, hi-viz lime yellow or cobalt blue shell with either black, grey, silver, hi-viz or cobalt blue ballistic patches. Request your free swatches.
Hassle Free Sizing Exchange
If you happen to need a different size, return the suit and we'll ship out a replacement free of charge (applies to domestic ground shipments only).
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (21)
Items 1 to 20 of 21 total
- The time has comeReview by Alyn
- After 15 years I think the time has come to replace my two piece Roadcrafter suit. So many countries, so many bikes and so many Kms (miles) it is letting me down in the rain. It has never been crashed and I have tried to maintain it as best I can but time is a warrior and I cannot justify sending it international freight for refurbishment. I will miss you, dear friend. That filthy day from Berlin to Prague, the 1000 Km of rain from Melbourne to Sydney, the snow over the Dolomites, all part of the suit. Thank you Andy, thank you for making a suit for riders. (Posted on 11/5/15)
- Pure comfort, fantastic fit - Roadcrafter ClassicReview by Oosik
- This is my first textile M/C jacket. I appreciate the great fit and right out of the box - its a very comfortable jacket. I can see that it is breaking in very nicely as I ride more with it. Another feature I appreciate - its less than half the weight of my old leather jacket. (Posted on 5/1/15)
- Comfort and ProtectionReview by JRob
18 years ago I purchased my first Roadcrafter suit. A year and 20K miles later I had a personal meeting with the pavement. Having slid 300ft I can tell you that there is no better protection than the Roadcrafter. Not a scratch or abrasion where the suit covered my body. Helmet and gloves did not fair so well.
During the time that I was wearing the suit It gave plenty of comfort as well. It kept the rain out and kept me warm on cold days. On hot days I'd open the vents and on very hot days fill the pockets with ice. Total comfort with the knowledge that you are protected when something goes horribly wrong. Would definately endorse the Roadcrafter. (Posted on 8/22/14)
- The best motorcycle jacket on the marketReview by Don
- My first Aerostich outfit was a Darien Light jacket and pants I bought about 15 years ago. I then purchased a Roadcrafter one piece and wear that through the fall and winter. I like the durability of the Roadcrafter, but the one piece is a little hot for the middle of summer, and the Darien Jacket flaps around a might on naked street bikes at freeway speeds, and while the cut is perfect for a standard or a dual sport, it's a little long on a sport bike crouch. My perfect soution was the Roadcrafter jacket with the Darien Light pants, perfect! In truth all of these items are quality products and I wear them all, I just have the misfortune (cough, lie, cough) of having a lot of differnt bikes. This Roadcrafter jacket is all purpose, well built, weatherproof and ventilates very well. Worth every penny I paid, and I'll have it for many years to come. It only gets better with age. (Posted on 9/24/13)
- great investmentReview by MK
- Where to start... I love this jacket. I bought a hi-viz in mid 2001, and one crash and about 150,000 miles later, it's still going strong. I just ordered another one, not because the 2001 suddenly went bad, but because it's getting a little long in the tooth (the hi-viz really picks up stains, and the waterproofing isn't nearly as effective as it once was). This isn't simply a jacket, it's a long term investment in safety. (Posted on 11/28/12)
- Be Seen!Review by Robert
- Having completed the "hat trick" of jackets (Darien, Fallstaff, Roadcrafter), the Roadcrafter tops them all! Be seen in Hi-Viz! (Posted on 10/11/12)
- Perfect Fit!Review by Huli
I just received the jacket via FedEx. The fit is absolutely perfect! I have gone through many jackets and they were never quite right... waist too big and flaps in the breeze, sleeves too short so water gets up them. Without even riding the jacket I can tell it is the best ever!!
Of course I will update my post once I get a few hundred miles on it. (Posted on 8/14/12)
- Great JacketReview by Joe B
- Nice Jacket. Fits great looks great and performs even better! (Posted on 6/26/12)
- What you want to know... long term garmentReview by T9R_Bueller
There are many positives comments I could extend about this garment and a few less positive ones. By reading this review what are you looking to learn, like myself the first time I thought about buying a Roadcrafter jacket, the question I wanted addressed was “Is it worth the money?”.
It is durable, functional (pockets and compartments), highly rain resistant (must be treated regularly when used regularly for best results), for use in hot and cold environments, repairable and a garment that will last you many years and many miles. Nobody wants to think about a crash or wrecking, but their items are designed to lessen the impact to your body and allow you to stay safe (no road rash).
The most important part is to find a fit that works for you. The only problem is that what fits you now may not fit you in 5, 10 or 15 years… yes this item will last you a long time. Bits and pieces of the item will not last, the zipper slides will wear out, the reflective material will wear out and I am sure other parts of the jacket but the excellent thing is that it can all be repaired by the Aerostich facility or possibly your local tailor.
Comfortable fitted gear is priceless and these items are near that. They are ever improving their quality and tailoring of the garment. Just when you thought you liked it all, they make it better.
It is worth the money if you are a serious motorcycle riding enthusiast planning to put 30K miles on a bike and ride for 10 plus years.
(Posted on 10/31/11)
- 3rd jacketReview by Lee
Terrific jacket....I've had several.
Don't understand the comments that the wind blows through it....and it is barely waterproof. I wear on a sport bike...in winter weather (when roads are clear) at highway speeds. Wind protection is great.
Waterproof? Seams and zippers can slowly leak. From what I read...it is not as waterproof as the Darien. But it works in showers...up to an hour. Otherwise I wear a rain suite jacket over it. No big deal. (Posted on 9/8/11)
- 3rd jacketReview by Lee
Terrific jacket....I'm on my 3rd. Don't understand the comments that the wind blows through it....and it is barely waterproof. I wear on a sport bike...in winter weather (when roads are clear) at highway speeds. Wind protection is great.
Waterproof? Seams and zippers can leak. From what I read...it is not as waterproof as the Darien. But it works in showers...up to an hour. Otherwise I wear a rain suite jacket over it. No big deal. (Posted on 9/8/11)
- My 3rd Roadcrafter JacketReview by Fido
- Been in one crash with Roadcrafter. Jacket barely showed any wear. Also, I'm on my third Roadcrafter jacket...and over 100000 miles. I guess you know...I like this product. (Posted on 6/7/11)
- phenomenal piece of gearReview by MikeK
After a decade of owning the same Aerostich suit (two piece), about 150,000 miles, riding in everything including snow, sleet, sand, and mud, I think I'm fairly well qualified to review this jacket.
In short, it's an amazing set of gear, and a much better investment than I expected it to be. I was squeamish at first - HiViz Yellow, $850... but 10 years later, I actually feel a little guilty when I get an Aerostich catalog, because their gear is still going strong. Maybe I should retire this jacket and get a new one? (Posted on 3/4/11)
- last jacket i will ever needReview by sac bandit
- I have wanted a roadcrafter for years. After spending thousands of dollars forjackets over the past 10 years I bought a roadcrafter. Best purchace ever. I use the roadcrafter year round.sold off all my other jackets. Won't ever wear any of them again. (Posted on 1/27/11)
- None BetterReview by Long Distance Rider
- While Peter was on "hiatus" I have ridden several hundred thousand miles in Roadcrafter Suits....from midweat heat to day after day of rain on the Dalton, the best gear I have ever used, none better! (Posted on 1/7/11)
- After all the hype, I'm underwhelmedReview by Peter
- I got back into riding after a 20 year hiatus, and agonized over new gear. I thought the Roadcrafter jacket was a no-brainer, but after getting it I was a bit dissapointed. Pros - great armor, not too hot in warm weather (mine's grey), tough fabric. Cons - in person the tailoring leaves me cold (amateurish looking, I think), not remotely waterproof (barely water resistant), wind seems to blow right through it, the fit feels clumsy. I don't get it... Did I get a knock-off? I gave it a season before commenting, thought I'd learn to love it. Well... I'm hoping the reviews for the Combat Touring boots are accurate, I'm a bit gun-shy now... (Posted on 5/21/10)
- Perfect All Weather JacketReview by Jerry
- This jacket is the greatest. After 2 years of wear this jacket is of the highest quality. I have been in down pours of rain, hot and cold and never a problem! (Posted on 1/7/10)
- awesome suitReview by BEN g
- My dad bought one of these suits almost twenty years ago I still have it and exept for the one accident he was in and scuffed it up a little bit, IT STILL LOOKS AWESOME. Great design and craftmanship hasn't faded or fallen apart I am honestly amazed. (Posted on 11/21/09)
- Crash protectionReview by Stuart
- I've had my Darien jacket over 10 years and thousands and thousands of miles. I was wearing it a week ago when a car turned in front of me and I hit it at about 30mph. I was launched off the bike and some yards away dropped onto the road. I was taken to hospital - no road rash, no breaks. What a coat! It WILL save your body. I'd love to buy the high-viz - maybe next year. (Posted on 11/14/09)
- Wear it every time I ride...Review by Marv Nelson
- Wear it every time I ride. It is a little warm on 90+ days but being warm is OK. The vents offer some relief to the heat. The hi-viz lime yellow is not a fashion statment. It is a must when riding in traffic. I get some questioning looks from some riders, never a negative comment. The pants I don't always wear as they present a bit more of a problem at work. (Posted on 2/28/08)
Items 1 to 20 of 21 total
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.