Many personal players do not provide quite enough volume to blast over wind noise or past earplugs. The Boostaroo can help. Plug it into the audio jack of your radio/scanner/whatever, then connect your helmet or earplug speakers. Voila, the sound level is increased by about a third. Input device volume adjustments remain functional, but everything tops at a greater volume. Clearly and cleanly, too. About a 12dB gain in a typical ear speaker. Two AA batteries (not included) last about 20 hours. There are two jacks so a passenger can listen along. 40mw per channel.
The Boostaroo® employs similar output amplifiers to those found in CD players. Frequency response is equal to or exceeds specifications. Typical specifications are 20 to 20,000Hz +/- 2 dB (EIAJ CP-307 Method).
Output (@ 3VDC):
.3% harmonic distortion.
1. Into 8 ohm headphones - approximately 40 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound per channel. Or 100% boost in volume.
2. Into 16 ohm headphones (stereo mini jack), approximately 32.5 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound per channel.
3. Into 25 ohm headphones: approximately 28.5 mW per channel, 11.1 dB gain in sound per channel.
4. Into 32 ohm headphones: approximately 23.7 mW per channel, 10.9 dB gain in sound per channel.
5. Into 64 ohm headphones: approximately 13.8 mW per channel, 10 dB gain in sound per channel.
3.0 VDC: Two size AA batteries are required. Use of alkaline batteries is suggested for longer playing time. Also works with rechargeable batteries, nikle-metal hydride type preferred.
Size: 4.5" x 1.5" x 1.1" 11.43cm x 3.81cm x 2.79cm)
Weight: 3 oz for unit, 6 oz (170.10G) with 2 AA batteries.
Cord: 12 "
Color: Clear (Translucent)
1-Clear Boostaroo Portable Headphone Audio Amplifier and Splitter
1-12" Connection Cable (Built Into Boostaroo)
1-Boostaroo Owners Manual
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (4)
- I recently purchased this...Review by Richard Provencio Jr
- I recently purchased this to use in conjuction with my XM "Roady XT". Clear sound with no distortion in the background. Fits compactly in my tank bag. (Posted on 4/28/09)
- I've placed this onto a...Review by Katman, a.k.a.:Paul McCarthy
I've placed this onto a Honda Big Ruckus equipped
with dual battery charging system and an aux. battery Odyssey PC-680 (fits the BMW K-75s that needs the tranny put back in, etc) to power up three amps (30 w. for small front speakers [Poly-Planar 840 b], 150w for mid range rear speakers [Poly-Planar 5" , 200w for marine grade sub woofer [ms55 from Poly-Planar]) and will be installing a capacitor for the power amp of the sub-woofer soon.
Without the pre-amp in the Circuit it's just not quite
audible in a tunnel next to a truck. With the pre-amp in
it's louder than the trucks and most Harleys!!!
The scooter's sound system and the music I play on it made the local rag. You can see the article at:
The scooter earned two trophys at rallies, so far.
Using one of these pre-amps on it; just wanted a working spare. I'm anal about spare parts!! (Posted on 4/28/09)
- ...not quite as good as t...Review by jeffrey sadis
- ...not quite as good as the super booster, but worth the price. Great for listening to movies on a plane with a partner. Great battery life, but the lack of volume control is where this unit falls short. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 :) (Posted on 4/28/09)
- Got my boostaroo (luv the...Review by stephen combs
- Got my boostaroo (luv the name) 1 mo. ago, works great use it with my CD player in tank bag next is to get the Mix-It2 and see if it works with it (as Tim the tool man would say more power.) (Posted on 9/1/08)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.