Many personal players do not provide quite enough volume to blast over wind noise or past earplugs. The Boostaroo can help. Plug it into the audio jack of your radio/scanner/whatever, then connect your helmet or earplug speakers. Voila, the sound level is increased by about a third. Input device volume adjustments remain functional, but everything tops at a greater volume. Clearly and cleanly, too. About a 12dB gain in a typical ear speaker. Two AA batteries (not included) last about 20 hours. There are two jacks so a passenger can listen along. 40mw per channel.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
The Boostaroo® employs similar output amplifiers to those found in CD players. Frequency response is equal to or exceeds specifications. Typical specifications are 20 to 20,000Hz +/- 2 dB (EIAJ CP-307 Method).
Output (@ 3VDC):
.3% harmonic distortion.
1. Into 8 ohm headphones - approximately 40 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound per channel. Or 100% boost in volume.
2. Into 16 ohm headphones (stereo mini jack), approximately 32.5 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound per channel.
3. Into 25 ohm headphones: approximately 28.5 mW per channel, 11.1 dB gain in sound per channel.
4. Into 32 ohm headphones: approximately 23.7 mW per channel, 10.9 dB gain in sound per channel.
5. Into 64 ohm headphones: approximately 13.8 mW per channel, 10 dB gain in sound per channel.
3.0 VDC: Two size AA batteries are required. Use of alkaline batteries is suggested for longer playing time. Also works with rechargeable batteries, nikle-metal hydride type preferred.
Size: 4.5" x 1.5" x 1.1" 11.43cm x 3.81cm x 2.79cm)
Weight: 3 oz for unit, 6 oz (170.10G) with 2 AA batteries.
Cord: 12 "
Color: Clear (Translucent)
1-Clear Boostaroo Portable Headphone Audio Amplifier and Splitter