Transporting fresh, crisp, clean tasting beverages is of tantamount importance to any expedition. These wide mouth bottles make it easy to add ice from soft drink dispensers at roadside places, take a drink, and keep clean. They are constructed of 100% 18/8 food-grade stainless steel, providing ultimate protection that’s totally free of BPA and other toxins, and won’t impart any funky flavors to your beverage of choice. Topping the extra-wide mouth opening is a sturdy polypropylene loop-cap, with a stainless interior. The wide opening makes filling and pouring a cinch. The rougher the ride, the better this bottle performs. 27 oz. (10”×2.75”), 40 oz. (10”×3.5”).
Customer Reviews (4)
- Wide Mouth Klean KanteenReview by Phil
- Top quality,stores stuff. (Posted on 10/20/13)
- Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
Hi there Bullwinkle.
just a quick bit of info'
The reason it was not supposed to be for hot liquids is because it's a single-wall container, not a thermos with a vacuum between the two walls. It will hold coffee fine, but the sides will get uncomfortably hot-to-the-touch, and the coffee will get cool relatively quickly.
Hope that helps :-)
Below are the links to other thermal bottles we carry, the Aerostich thermal bottle and the Nissan thermos, these will hold hot coffee.
http://www.aerostich.com/vacuum-thermals.html (Posted on 2/8/12)
- So-soReview by Bullwinkle
Nicely made, good wide mouth helps with keeping the inside clean. But....
Came with a big warning -that the description did not have- saying it was not for hot liquids. Says it wasn't made for hot liquids.
I bought it to put coffee in. HOT coffee, not cold. Probably shouldn't use it for soup, either.
So, it is has less than half the use I bought it for. I don't do cold soup, either. Can use it for water, tea, etc. (Posted on 1/28/12)
- Great BottleReview by Jeff
- These are truly high end great bottles. Will last forever. I have many of the sizes available and love them all... My favorites are the double walled Klean Kanteens... They're like thermos type bottles. They keep stuff hot or cold (how do it know?) and best of all, the double walled bottles won't sweat in a tank bag and get your other gear wet. Don't let these bottles freeze though, the expanding ice levers open the seal and it'll leak and ruin the cap - which are replaceable. Hunt done the double walled bottles.... Definitely a great high end product. (Posted on 12/7/11)