An accurate, durable, easy-to-read liquid-filled compass that simply clips onto any 7⁄8" or 1" handlebar. Luminous 1" floating dial on jeweled pivot provides smooth rotation. Clip is easy to remove for accurate readings away from steel motorcycle parts.
Also as durable as the compass is an easy to read, liquid filled -20°F to +160°F thermometer. It too clips onto any 7⁄8" or 1" handlebar. One inch diameter dial.
The clock clip is specially made for us and features a sweep-second quartz movement that is not really intended for outdoor use but the prototype survived two seasons on Ed’s 500 single so we think it’s OK. YMMV, however.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (25)
Items 1 to 20 of 25 total
- easy to mount handle bar clockReview by Michael
- These snap onto either 7/8 or 1 inch bars, are easy to read while riding, and look good on any bike. My first one lasted about 12 years with a battery change every other year. Pull the stem to shut off during winter. Just got my second one and hope it does as well. (Posted on 7/26/15)
- Great little clockReview by Bruce
- I'm ordering my second. OK, the first one failed after 5 years and thousands of hours of living on the handlebars of a TW200, and it succumbed to snow, rain, sleet, dust, and mud, all in the name of fun. I think another one is in (and on) order. (Posted on 2/20/15)
- looks good AND works!Review by bigLazer
- Fits right in to the "design" of any bike. Easy setup and easy on - what more can you ask for?! (Posted on 5/1/14)
- Nice productReview by Steve
I bought this for my Triumph Scrambler. Setup was not intuitive but the directions were accurate. Fit perfectly on the handlebars and doesn't move.
It was smaller than expected but is amazingly easy to see even with sunglasses and tinted visor. The small size turned out to be a bonus as it looks good without being distracting.
Can't speak to durability yet. But so far would recommend. (Posted on 4/3/14)
- Worth itReview by John
- These are worth the purchase price IMO. The batteries last a year or two. They seem to be water resistant. They keep time. I'd stay away from the matching thermometer though. (Posted on 10/19/13)
- PerfectReview by Len
- Perfect: This is my second Clock Clip: the first was purchased several years ago along with the thermometer which, sadly, was all but useless in that neither the original nor the replacement were accurate – one high and the other low - and both had air bubbles that interfered with reading the dial. The clock, however, is fantastic. I ride year round (excepting snow and ice or when the temperature is not forecast to rise above 30 degrees) and the clock keeps on ticking. It turns out that I have had to replace the battery twice – it seems to have roughly a 12 month life – and confess that setting the time can be a bit tedious. The clock is easy to read and for me a necessary accessory which is why I purchased a second for my 1980 Suzuki GS750E, the first being on my Yamaha FJ1100. I got tired of switching it from bike to bike. (Posted on 11/16/12)
- UpdateReview by Rockerc
- So I finally got the clock, long after I binned the thermometer as a total waste of money. I am happy to say it was great. However, I used it on my mountain bike, (already have a clock on my MC), and after a crash it flew off into the desert and was lost for ever. I got another, and after about a week or two, another heavy crash, only this time the clock lost its glass in the rocks, but I still had the unit. I put clear tape over the face and used it for another month or so, then another crash and this time it got a sharp rock right into it and that was it. In short, a good product, but not for mountain biking! (Posted on 7/19/12)
- Love ItReview by Josie
- Bought one of these 4yrs ago...yes, the batteries do die, but you can replace them with a watch battery....but mine finally died. But, it's well worth the money and I'm buying one for my daughter to put on her bike, too. Folks...well worth it!! (Posted on 6/16/12)
- Great ProductReview by Vito
- This is a great little product. It snapped on easily to my handlebar and is very easily read despite its small size. It took me awhile to figure out how to open the clock to set the time, but once that was done it has worked perfectly. I don't know how long the battery will last, but I assume replacement will be easy as well. (Posted on 5/19/12)
- Great product....Review by Christopher Blanchard
Bought 2 of these about a year ago. 1 for me, 1 for my brother. Liked it so much, I kept both!, Even when I had no space to mount it on my clip ons, I found it fits well on my cross mounted HyperPro steering stabilizer. Only flaw was my fault. I left them on my bikes over the winter & batteries died. Oh well, live & learn.
PS. If you have one of these, you cant tell your wife/girlfriend you lost track of time when riding! (Posted on 4/19/12)
- Time, Compass, Temp SetReview by JD
Purchased as Christmas present (Order #1068498). The clock and
compass have never worked on since opened on a Honda Shadow. Very
disappointed >:o( (Posted on 3/26/12)
- clock clipReview by poppawheelie
- I've bought 6 of these. Use them on bicycles and motorcycles. Amazingly easy to read for something so small, due to high contrast. One was faulty, cheerfully replaced by Aerostich. (Posted on 12/9/11)
- WorriedReview by rockerc
- Now I am worried because I bought the matching thermometer which is a waste of money, but the clock was on back order. I do not have it yet, and I do not hold out much hope of any product satisfaction. Aerostich, you need to do something about these items and the people who bought them. (Posted on 10/20/11)
- Left hand, meet right handReview by Jay
Would love to review this clock, as it looks like a nifty item. But after placing my order back in early September I was informed that they're back-ordered for three months. OK, disappointing, I wish the website had indicated they weren't in stock, but these things happen. Today (10/4/11) I received a request to review an item I'm not scheduled to receive for at least six more weeks, and checking the website, it still doesn't indicate they aren't currently available.
So, not a review, but a suggestion: Find a way to get the web people talking to the inventory people, and the customer service folks checking in with the shipping crew.
Just a thought. (Posted on 10/4/11)
- good, but...Review by Ken
I really liked this item on my 1100 Honda. But when I switched to a Buell Ulysses it will run for a while then stop. Changed batts, but no better. Sat on my kitchen cabinet all winter and kept perfect time, but it just don't like the Buell.
Ken (Posted on 3/19/10)
- nice clock. not so good in the coldReview by Grant
Mine worked fine until I forgot to bring it inside before winter. A week of below zero, reaching 16 below, and it died. Probably too much to ask of a tiny battery.
(Posted on 1/19/10)
- I've had this little cloc...Review by Sean Breeden
I've had this little clock on my Sportster for 6 years now. It has kept accurate time in every weather, I've ridden in all kinds of weather temps from 25 F to 122 F, Rain, Blistering Sun, Fog and Hail, and this little clock has taken all of it and never missed a second. I've gone through 3 Batteries and had to replace the plastic clip part last year.
This was one of the best purchases I've made, ever. (Posted on 2/5/09)
- Mine did not ship with a ...Review by Ben Friedman
- Mine did not ship with a rubber spacer so it does not fit a 7/8'' bar. Also, resetting the time is not a trivial operation. (Posted on 8/15/08)
- I had one that I moved fr...Review by DeWayne Ross
- I had one that I moved from the Kawasaki to the Sportster for two years. Yeah...yeah I know Kawa & Harley together...so sue me... anyway I really liked the clock it was great. Then after two years it went down. New battery didn't make it work. I will get a new one just like it though. (Posted on 8/13/08)
- I've had mine for several...Review by James Vieira
- I've had mine for several years and I love it. The baterry died after 2 years,I replaced it and it's been working great ever since. I just odered one for a riding buddy. (Posted on 5/23/08)
Items 1 to 20 of 25 total