Relief for sultry rides in hot weather. This 100% cotton neckwear is filled with water-absorbing polymer crystals which can hold 350–400 times their weight in water and they release it slowly (over a period of days). Hence, increased comfort in hot weather. A simple, effective tool for heat management. Non-toxic and reusable. 35.5"×1.75". Assorted patterns and colors.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (4)
- It WorksReview by Ted
- I figured I would try it considering the price. Well, I tested this thing in 96-104 degree temperatures wearing a classic roadcrafter. Without this cooling tie, I'm pretty sure I would of been in trouble. By the time I got to my destination, I was actually not sweating at all and perfectly comfortable. These things work best in a dry climate so they can evaporate, and that's what I was riding in. It's an essential part of my kit now, and I highly recommend it. (Posted on 10/28/15)
- Not so kool!Review by Mike
- I bought this hoping to wear during my MC rides in North central FL, but it didn't stay cool at all. I've used a similar product in AZ and it worked great.. perhaps due to the humidity of FL? I don't know .. (Posted on 7/4/15)
- Actual item looks different.Review by Robert
- The one I received has a red bandana pattern. The catalog picture looks better. (Posted on 6/12/14)
- I want it back!!!!!Review by Hotjockus
- MAN! We live in Houston Texas where the average temp in the summer is well over 95 degrees plus. I bought this in addition to my evapo-dana to keep cool on my everyday commutes. However, after my wife discovered how cool it keeps her around the house,(we do not have central a/c, and do not turn it on the window units until after 5pm, when we can't stand it any more), i can't get it away from her! She loves how cool it keeps her and how simple it is to use. Guess if I want one I'll have to get another! Thanks! (Posted on 7/13/12)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
Fundamentals of Evaporative Cooling
We all sweat to cool ourselves evaporatively in hot environments, and when exercising vigorously. It's very efficient, and if there is any kind of breeze available, as on any moving motorcycle, this works really well. Popsicles help chill you from the inside out, and a wet neck wrap is good too, if you have one. The lower the humidity, the better a wetted t shirt or a moist wrap around one's neck works.
On a motorcycle the evaporation from even a small wet bandana provides tremendous evaporative cooling to one's entire body. The circulation of blood passing the evaporative wrap (via your carotid artery, etc) quickly carries the freshly chilled blood to every area of one's body. This effect can be so great one can actually become chilled despite it being a very hot day. It’s the same as putting an ice cube directly on one's wrist, or eating ice cream too fast.
Re-wetting a bandana, neck wrap or silk scarf while on the move is simple if you keep a squirt-type water bottle or water bag handy inside a tank bag or jacket pocket. And for longer days during very hot and dry conditions consider covering yourself entirely with something more protectively windproof than mesh. Any traditional leather or textile outer garment with a few zippered vents will let you manage and achieve a comfortable, healthy, moist microclimate between the gear and your skin, which is just as nomadic peoples living in desert areas have done for centuries by wearing their traditional long, loose robes.(Those aren't 'colorful native costumes', but rather highly refined functionally clothing that works. Just like your riding gear.)
Mesh gear is ok for short-distances in high-temp conditions, but during longer exposures the risk of inadvertent dehydration is significant. A tipping point between a healthy fluid balance and heat-stoke may be reached quite unexpectedly, and consequences can quickly become extremely serious…Even life-threatening in some instances.
For example, sometimes otherwise unexplainable single-vehicle motorcycle accidents happen on clear hot days because with little or no warning a rider may simply faint. When this happens one suddenly feels very sleepy and a moment later they go unconscious and crash at speed on an otherwise empty road. (Have you ever seen a photograph of a row of soldiers standing stiffly at attention on some military parade ground somewhere, on a very hot day, and one of them has suddenly fainted and is lying sprawled on the ground between the others?) If you don’t pay enough attention to your body's cooling needs and fluid requirements on hot days such a worst-case scenario may happen to you. This danger is real.