These Competition Laces are designed to be more durable and convenient to use than the standard laces. The tighter weave nylon material frays less does not stick to the hook area of the boot flap. The slightly longer 60" overall length allows custom cut-to-length for a perfect fit for your boots and less excess lace to tuck under the outer flap. Cordlock not included—we recommend re-using the cordlock from the existing laces.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (11)
- Aerostich Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
- These laces are now being made 60" long, instead of the original, shorter 44" length. Thank you to our customer(s) for the helpful comments that helped us make the decision to now offer these laces in a longer length. (Posted on 6/2/16)
- An Even Better ReplacementReview by John
- The CBT replacement laces are a wonderfully conceived improvement over the standard laces, but fell short for me in their performance. The laces are a perfect material choice, but are of a smaller diameter and shorter than the originals. The original length laces allowed the boots to open up thus allowing the foot's arch and heel to pass through the bend in the boot. The short laces constricted the boot's opening and therefore prevented my foot from sliding into place. I replaced these laces with 550 Made in the USA nylon paracord. A bit of tape around their ends enabled them to be threaded through the eyeletts and cord locks. Finally, when all was situated and working as I wanted, the tape was removed and the ends lightly singed and knotted. They work perfectly and, in my opinion, are the ultimate replacement laces. (Posted on 6/1/16)
- Comp CTB Boot lacesReview by Herb
- I read previous reviews regarding the length being too short, but I got them anyway. They are a perfect solution for me, but I have admittedly skinny calves. (Posted on 11/17/15)
- Will have to try themReview by Stuart
- My original CTB laces are only 17 years old and already starting to look a little bit frayed from catching on the Velcro. When they get annoyingly bad, I will definitely try a set of these laces! (Posted on 2/6/15)
- Much Better, butReview by Mitch
- Much better than the laces that come with the Combat Touring Boot, but a bit too short. I am using them; however, it is a bit more difficult to get the boots on unless you get rid of the cam lock and re-lace the top eyelets every time (Posted on 7/29/14)
- Too shortReview by bob
- My CBTs are about 10 years old and these laces did not work at all. Too short and when in place, I couldn't get the boots on. Maybe the design has changed over the years but these won't do. (Posted on 8/8/12)
- Get the lacesReview by Dmcleane
- If you have the CBT's now with the original laces, get these. If you're thinking about ordering the boots, order the laces with them. Aerostich should just put them in the boots before they ship, there is no good reason to use the old, original laces. They don't stick to the velcro, they don't get all frayed. Get these laces now. (Posted on 3/21/12)
- CB LacesReview by Doc
- Much better than the originals, no fraying.. (Posted on 12/30/11)
- CB lacesReview by ken
- the original laces were worn and frayed so i thought i would try the competition laces. bad idea, they are way too short and i can not get the boots on. will try poster above's suggestion. (Posted on 12/4/11)
- Excellent replacement laces.....Review by Ron
I purchased these to replace the original set, when they have to be replaced. These are real quality parts. The originals are 5 years old and still going strong.
Ron (Posted on 10/25/11)
- A better solutionReview by David
- I found these competition laces too short and too thin. They didn't work well with the cord locks that came with the boots and they were so short they pulled through the cord lock and the eyelets when I put the boots on. I found a pair of Kiwi 45" outdoor, boot laces(Kiwi #458) and a small bag of StanSport cord locks (item #7080) at a local hardware store. The laces have a tight weave so they do not easily stick to the boot's velcro and the smaller StanSport cord locks were the perfect size for the Kiwi laces. For me this seems to be a better alternative to the original laces. (Posted on 9/19/11)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.