For hours-long-comfort or bikes with older charging systems, this digitally regulates the amount of power to the garment, allowing you to set (or adjust) your vest or liner's maximum heat, or to the exact balance point where the battery continues to be charged. (Reassuring on dark, cold, wet, miserable nights when you need driving lights, heated clothing, and a gadget or two.) Features a rotary on/off switch with an LED that blinks faster as you turn up the heat. Available in two configurations: Standard is ready to plug-and-play with SAE connectors on a 16 3⁄8"(for connecting to the bike), and a 17 5⁄8" (for connecting to your garment) cord. The Panel Mount is ready for a permanent installation with a 17 3⁄4" SAE cord (for connecting to your garment), a 31 1⁄2" cord (for mounting to your bike), and a 22 1⁄4" battery fuse cord. 1.5"×2.25" ×.75".
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (5)
- Solid State GoodnessReview by Roadracer Al
When I treated myself to a new electric vest (my 20-year-old Widder kept mysteriously shrinking in the closet), I decided to upgrade the controller as well. I had been using the analog thermostatic version that came with my Widder.
The old analog unit has a slow cycle time and allowed the vest to alternate between too warm and too cool. And the thing was big and bulky.
It's a big improvement: the heat is steady and consistent, and is infinitely adjustable. It's also a nice compact unit.
I'm pleased with the purchase: it's a premium product, albeit at a premium price.
The only thing to be aware of is that the battery in and load cords must be correctly connected.... if it doesn't heat up the first time you use it, RTFM! (Posted on 1/25/13)
- Stich Thermostat:Review by Anthony K
- Works perfectly. The thermostat is an excellent product from "warm-n-safe" with a sticker on it with the Aerostich logo. Easy to mount and super simple to use. Panel mount, set and forget. Good stuff (Posted on 10/26/12)
- Electric Clothes ThermostatReview by Fred Bauer
I use the panel mount version. This is my second unit, the first one (from another source) lasted about ten years of GS-ing. The new one has some improvements in the mount, but the circuit board is still exposed to water and dirt (I coated this one with epoxy). The troubleshooting section of the manual says if it stops working, clean it and coat it with nail polish. Now one would ask, why is the board not coated in the first place.
That said, it is the best bike thermostat out there. If you can panel mount it, it will be much easier to adjust while riding. A 1/4" phone plug and panel jack makes a good setup for your jacket cord. (Posted on 12/27/11)
- It's Aerostich - Nuff said!Review by John P
- Unfortunately I haven't used the controller yet but I am sure that it will perform as expected. I plan to use it tomorrow. (Posted on 10/30/11)
- Excellent productReview by Tommie
- This was mounted in my DL1000 Suzuki and used on a trip from North Carolina to Texas. The first three hours of the trip were with the ambient temperature 30° F with gradually increasing temps. The thermostat allows a gradual decrease in heat input to the core areas so as to maintain nice warm extremities without cooking yourself. I highly recommend it and am ordering a second portable unit for another bike. (Posted on 12/5/10)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.