Look closely at the surface of highway or industrial warning signs and you will find the unique, hexagonal pattern that identifies 3M SOLAS (Safety Of Life At Sea) Grade Reflective. A clear protective layer bonded over reflective glass microbeads ensures strong reflective power—even in wet conditions. Slightly stretchy and trims easily to any shape. Ideal for curved surfaces like helmets. One of the most intense retro-reflectives in the world. Silver color. 2' long by 2" wide.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (27)
- Spousal ApprovalReview by Dufus
- I used a strip above the license plate and a square on each of the side reflector panels. The wife says it lights up my bike. Thumbs up. (Posted on 10/8/16)
- a good productReview by mike
- Bought this tape to put on back of utility trailer. Friend who was following me at night said it was easily visible. Also on back of helmet and on back of bike in case lights fail again. (Posted on 4/9/16)
- 3M Solas Grade Reflective TapeReview by Philip
- I have used this tape for several years now. It has been on all my helmets but have also used it on rain suits, luggage, sissy bars, etc. It not only goes on easily but sticks very well. It's visibility is unsurpassed by any reflective material I have used before it. (Posted on 9/13/15)
- Solas PremiumReview by Viking Olly
- This is a premium product that I have on two bikes, and has probably saved my life. Don't leave home without it. (Posted on 7/20/14)
- 3M Solas TapeReview by Joel
- The good: a very high visibility reflective tape that can be cut shaped to fit most anywhere. My friends that have ridden behind me at night have all purchased this to add to their bikes. Lights up the night when hit by a light source. The not so good: If it delaminates and you have to replace it the stuff is next to impossible to remove it's so sticky. (Posted on 5/11/14)
- Would recommend.Review by Jaysun
- I picked this up with the intent to cut it to different lengths and sizes on different EDC type items that I use as well as on kit type items that I use while use while hiking/traveling. After a few trial runs, I was able to get very satisfying results from this tape. It has a bit of give in it, so when used over round or curved items it adheres well. Just as an experiment I put a few ascent strips cut to anywhere from 3-7mm across on the open areas of my iTP A3 EOS light. After about a month of being bumped around in my pocket that I always have the light in, this tape has shown no signs of wear or pealing while maintaining it's luster and reflective qualities. (Posted on 2/21/14)
- helloReview by Sertaç
- a reflector that can be seen from far away, great. (Posted on 5/3/13)
- They said itReview by Shaggy
- Like they said. Flexible, reflective. It's thicker than some other reflecty stuff, but it's better too. I added it my frame sliders which stick out a bit for added visibility. As always - clean the mounting surface before you apply. Up next is putting it on my new top case and mirrors. (Posted on 11/16/12)
- Solas tapeReview by Joe
- Great stuff, very reflective. I used it on my Shad top box. (Posted on 11/9/12)
- Solas 3M Reflective TapeReview by Hal
This stuff performs as advertised. However, 3M does make it in both YELLOW and RED colors as well. Yellow seems to do a better job at night. My riding buddies have followed me and another of us who used Red and they comment that Yellow is brighter.
Aerostich: Get some Yellow and Red! (Posted on 10/18/12)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
Riding In Low Light ConditionsBeing anywhere on the road in low light conditions is more difficult and dangerous. Many drivers become even more awful when twilight falls. These products should help myopic drivers see you a little earlier. Hopefully they will pick out your glowing, irregular, reflective shape well before you are bang- ing your fists and helmet across the hood of their thirsty horseless carriage. Riding more is better. It makes you happier especially when it is dark and the weather is just atrocious.