Full-face helmets don't have projecting visors, and we all know sometimes this results in glare problems when Riding Into The Sunset. This simple product solves the problem nicely. 100% UV rated and easy to apply, the Sunblocker is a flexible, dark, sunglasses-green transparent strip that applies to helmet shields using static electricity, and can be used on many different helmets. Install it along the top-edge of your helmet's shield and enjoy the resulting decrease in discomfort and fatigue.
Installation is easy. Simply wet in household solution and slide it into place in the upper peripheral vision area. Your "line of sight" is below the SUNBLOCKER, thus eliminating the glare which comes in from above. It stays in place permanently for year round comfort! No more changing face shields for day or night riding. After riding a few miles, you'll wonder how you ever rode without it! We make two types. The Arai SUNBLOCKER has precut brow vents and the Universal SUNBLOCKER fits all other helmet brands.
When it's time for a new face shield, simply peel the SUNBLOCKER off and reinstall it in your new face shield. It will not tear or leave any sticky residue!
The Helmet Sunblocker was originally developed for aviation. It eliminates glare and reduces tension, stress, and fatigue. Plus, it keeps your helmet cooler on those hot days. You'll be able to ride longer and be significantly more comfortable at the same time!
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (20)
- sunblockerReview by tom
bought the sunblocker and finally had the chance to install it. Needless to say it's a good idea, but it needs to be longer so that it stretches from side to side. Sucks having to turn my head so I don't get blinded by the sun on the twisties.
(Posted on 5/5/14)
- Makes my dayReview by Hansruedi
- Makes my day every day commuting East in the morning and West in the afternoon. Like newborn :-) (Posted on 4/22/13)
- Works wellReview by Bill
This product works as described. It's nice because you can take it off and put it on a different helmet.
It does take a few tries to get it exactly where you want it, it took me 3 tries over a couple of days. It was constantly in my line of sight.
Overall, I'm pleased. (Posted on 1/23/13)
- SunblockerReview by Dwayne
easy to apply and move to different helmets (Posted on 8/7/12)
- Sun blocker stripReview by robire
I have been using the sun blocker strip for the last two weeks. The strip works to an extent. I live and ride in west Texas. The sun's glare is brutal. Riding into a 5pm sun can be daring. I was considering having an auto glass tinting store apply auto tint product to my face shield.
I had problems applying the strip to my face shield. The air bubbles were difficult to remove. Overall, I am better off with the sun blocker strip than without it. (Posted on 6/24/12)
- Seemed priceyReview by NBR
- Seemed pricey, bought one anyway. Worked so well I bought two more for my other helmets. (Posted on 6/5/12)
- Simple, good solutionReview by Vito
- This is a simple, good solution to riding into the sun. And since it uses no adhesive, it is easy to move from one helmet to another. I just would have preferred it if it were deeper so that it would achieve the same effect even if the shield is not fully lowered. (Posted on 5/19/12)
- At last!Review by mateo
Why did I wait so long to get this thing?
Blocks the sun without a huge wind-grabbing visor. Keeps me from being blinded now that it is winter and the sun is always low and backlighting most every tricky corner.
Word of advise: If you plan on using on more than 1 helmet, just buy another. It can be a pain to push out ALL the air bubbles and once you get it right you really don't feel like doing it again.
As unbelievable as it sounds this thing does NOT intrude into my line of sight AT ALL even on my super compact Shoei. (Posted on 4/13/12)
- Nice ProductReview by Mr. Clean
- Wish I had been using this product a long time ago. Works really well especially with the Arizona sun. (Posted on 4/11/12)
- It WorksReview by Mr. Clean
- Simple installation, a world of improvement especially when riding in the Arizona sunshine. Well worth the investment. (Posted on 3/29/12)
- You need itReview by Andrew T.
- It works, it's cheap, you need it. It's like wearing a baseball hat while riding, keeps that nasty low sun out of your eyes, and it doesn't block your vision. It put it inside my dark shield and now ride east in the morning commute and west in the afternoon commute home much more comfortably. Like I said, you need this. (Posted on 2/11/12)
- Great product!Review by Climb14er
- The helmet sun visor works exactly as promised. Without it, the sun always poured through my Shoei helmet and even with polarized Oakley sunglasses, the rays of the sun wrecked havoc on my eyes. Give this product a try and you'll feel more comfortable riding! (Posted on 12/15/11)
- RETRACTABLE SHIELD?? -- BE CAREFUL!!Review by PADVARK
The tinted face shield on my helmet pivots, and stows in the space between the helmet and the rigid liner. The sun shield strip instructions recommends installation on the inside of the face shield (makes sense). While establishing the optimum position the strip slipped into the shield stowing cavity. I had to disassemble the retractable shield pivot points and fish out the sun strip-- very carefully -- with a dental pick.
That said, it's working great (Over the years, I've installed this same strip on three other helmets)
Oh, I've also learned that the somewhat demanding instructions REALLY do allow all air bubbles to me "ushered out" before the shields bond. (Posted on 11/29/11)
- Simple, but works!Review by Steve Ulyguy
- Simple concept, simple installation. Works great! I have it on my Shoei RF-1100. It blocks the sun but does not interfere with my line of sight. A good product at a fair price. (Posted on 9/8/11)
- Works greatReview by Phoebe
- This is a great product that every rider should have. It took a bit of getting used to having it on the shield (because you will see it at the top of your field of vision) but it makes a huge difference in cutting down glare when the sun is beaming right in your face. I also had to trim about 1/2" from mine. Otherwise, great product. (Posted on 8/3/11)
- Great product! Allows for easier and more pleasurable rides.Review by Marius E.
- I wear transitional glasses in my Arai Quantum 2 helmet and found myself squinting, or adjusting my head position to keep the direct sun out of my eyes. The helmet sunblocker eliminated my eye discomfort and allowed for minimal eye stress caused by direct sunlight and glare. The Arai modification allowed for the brow vent cut outs. Great product and i don't need a total dark shield anymore (Posted on 11/16/09)
- Finally what I neededReview by Ghalib Tikari
- A solution to an irritating problem. I commute in an easterly direction & then back west in the evening. So you can imagine, the Los Angeles sun always in my face. I wish I had learnt about this little gizmo a lot earlier. Now all our helmets & visors have one in place. An absolutely Great product! (Posted on 11/3/09)
- This simple device is a life saver!Review by Richard Provencio Jr
- This simple device is a life saver! Works just like a tint strip does on a automobile's windshield. I highly recommend it! (Posted on 5/29/09)
- Great product.Review by Wendell Schloneger
3 days before leaving for a three week ride from Ohio to Seattle, Wash. and down the coast to San Jose, Calif. I called your company, a person named Matt advised me about the Sunblocker.
It arrived in 2 days. I never had a problem with sun on the entire trip and the sun was extremely bright at times. If the sun is very low, a slight tip of the head is all that is necessary to keep it from blinding you. For years I have been complaining why helmet manufacturers did not address the sun problem? Those little visors they used to put on top of helmets did not work. I never want to ride with out the Sunblocker again. It Just Works! :) Wendell Schloneger (Posted on 1/19/09)
- OK, but could be better.Review by Richard Kelso
- The strip works fine, but the shield on my HJC A-11 helmet is a little small (vertically) for the size of the strip. I trimmed the lower 1/2" off the strip, and it works fine. Stock width got into my line of vision too much for my comfort level. (Posted on 2/5/08)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.