If you find yourself squinting to read the map (on the GPS screen, or on paper…), then these wind-cheating glasses are just the ticket. Impact resistant polycarbonate lenses are outfitted with reading glass cheater lenses just below eye level, so they are readily available when you need a close view, and not distracting when surveying the road ahead. A sturdy black frame features arms that can be length-extended for fit, and soft nose pads for a comfortable, near custom fit. The scratch resistant lenses are available in either smoke or clear and provide 99.9% protection from harmful UV rays. Great protective eyewear that look so cool, nobody will even know you’re wearing safety glasses. 5.6"×2.5". Specify power of +1.50, +2.00, +2.50 or +3.00.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (28)
Items 1 to 20 of 28 total
- BifocalsReview by Elliott
Working at the track, outside of turn four, I catch a lot of roost. I needed something in the way of protective glasses, but I still needed to read staging sheets and notes from signup. These were the answer!
As always, thanks for the great service and products! (Posted on 10/25/13)
- Hurt my noseReview by Brian
- These glasses work very well however they are comfortable for day short trips,I went on a 6 day ride and these glasses left me with a huge welt on my nose the hard plastic dug into my nose. no padding on the bridge (Posted on 7/9/13)
- Bifocal riding glassesReview by "Maynard"
After cataract surgery about a year and a half ago I no longer needed glasses for distance vision. I do need "cheaters" for reading however. I have a pair of bifocal glasses with the Transition lenses in them (change from light to darker & back), but the Transition part doesn't work behind a face shield.
Saw these in the Aerostich catalog and thought I'd give them a try. They are perfect for my needs. The price is right, they look good, and the wrap around lens keeps the wind out of my eyes with the face shield up. The bifocal part is also low enough in the lens that it doesn't interfere with straight ahead vision. Great product!! (Posted on 5/2/13)
- When old age strikesReview by NW Rider
- I've been using a tinted pair of these glasses for several years and just ordered the clear ones. I need the bifocal to read my GPS, and these were a simple solution to solving the "sunglass/bifocal" issue I have. I just ordered the clear ones as I ride in the woods a lot and find I need to have the same features without the tint. (eye protection and magnification). I do use these behind a clear shield and have very little distortion, even though these are inexpensive plastic. I raise my shield a lot off road, and find these offer good eye protection. They have also proven very durable. I just throw them into my helmet at the end of the day and they're there waiting for me the next time I need them. (Posted on 1/21/13)
- no more squintingReview by Derek
- Great set of specs. I'm using 'cheaters" to read these days but on the bike wearing cheaters messes up my long distance vision so...bring on these . Now I can see the radar trap down the road and can see my speedo too! (Posted on 9/18/12)
- As PromisedReview by Marc
These glasses deliver as promised, I just wish they were either less expensive or more attractive. If they were both they'd be unbeatable,
LaDue (Posted on 8/12/12)
- Bifocal Riding GlassesReview by HarleyManStan
- Great glasses! Comfortable, close fitting--no issue with wearing them with a helmet. And...read a GPS clearly!!!! (Posted on 6/28/12)
- Nice to haveReview by Z-man
- Been looking for these for several years... they are great. They fit well, are quite comfortable, and help a lot reading gauges and, of course, maps and such. A great buy. (Posted on 6/6/12)
- Good for the moneyReview by SK62
- This is my third pair of these as everyone in my family who sees them I end up giving them to them because they like them so much. The only two complaints I have is that the nose pieces are hard plastic, would be MUCH more comfortable if they were soft rubber, and the bend at the end of the earpieces make them a chore to sometimes put on or remove when you have a helmet on. (Posted on 5/24/12)
- BiFocal GlassesReview by Rico
- Work well as shop glasses, but do not seal well enough for riding . I purchased them for night riding and had to change because of the wind entrusion into my eyes. (Posted on 5/13/12)
- keep coming back for moreReview by Pickle
- Keep getting More, My complaint is where or what to put them in so I don't damage them. use them everytime I ride. Good stuff Maynord! (Posted on 4/24/12)
- perfectReview by joe
- the perfect glasses for riding with the visor up and read the GPS . makes my rides much more enjoyable and have shared with several riding buddies, this is my second pair but unfortunately i ordered a 2.50 instead of the 1.75 (Posted on 4/3/12)
- Great for PostiesReview by Rayzor
- As a postie delivering on a motorcycle (Honda CT110) these are great as they provide the eye protection required by the employer and enable me to read the addresses on the mail without having to constantly change glasses. I can also read my android phone, the speedo and anything else I need good close vision for from my middle aged eyes. Am trying to get Australia Post to consider making them available for all posties in Aus. there is 20,000 of us. Who knows? (Posted on 12/17/11)
- Totally worth it!Review by Vince
- I ride an older BMW 1150RT with an open face helmet and these are one of my most favorite purchases for riding comfort. Such a simple idea yet so versatile. Very comfortable, don't pinch my nose or put pressure on my temples. The only thing I like better is the smoke pair I also bought. (Posted on 11/1/11)
- Good idea!Review by Bo
- This is my second pair, and I can't say too much about them because they jumped out of my pocket the first day. My last pair were the tinted ones, and they were just the thing. The earpieces tuck nicely into my helmet and the wraparound glasses cut the wind without a faceshield. Best of all, I can read my speedo without stopping to swap glasses. The clear ones would have been for night winter commuting. (Posted on 10/17/11)
- Happy so farReview by Rainrider
- I purchased the glasses (both clear and tinted) primarily to use when riding my bicycle. I'm finding that they also work well on the motorcycle and have taken two trips (200 & 400 miles) and found they work well. Rather than wear my expensive regular bifocales I'm finding that these do the job and offer a reasonable level of protection. (Posted on 10/7/11)
- Great glassesReview by Greg
What a difference these glasses make while riding (BMW R80/RT). The angle and level of the bi-focal seems to be just right for my riding style and height (5'-10"). It is really nice to pull over to check directions and not have to dig out my "cheaters" to read the map.
I keep them stored in a zip lock sandwich bag in my fairing compartment. They take up a little room but I would not want to ride now without them. Thanks for a great product!! (Posted on 10/6/11)
- I like 'emReview by RTRider
- Good value for the money. They are surprisingly clear for cheap plastic. the eye protection is very good since they cover the entire eye area. I get a little ear fatigue under my helmet due to the wrap around the ear design. The magnification section could extend a little higher into the lens as others mentioned. Now my wife wants a pair. (Posted on 9/30/11)
- Bifocal Riding Glasses #1063-1064Review by kb
I just ordered my second pair (have had to do some gluing back together due to my hard use of sunglasses. On the first pair, I cut off / modified the bows for easier use with my full-coverage helmet. I also glued nose pads on for a better fit.
While they aren't perfect, for only $16 they do offer the bifocal (great for map-reading) and really good wind protection with face shield raised or without helmet. I may or may not get a clear pair for night wear but the smoke ones are and will be my primary shades for biking. Good product, good VALUE. (Posted on 8/30/11)
- Does the jobReview by Feejer1300
- Like others the bifocal part needs to be a bit higher/larger to be more useful. The shade is good and the clarity is good/average. I like the wrap around style of the lenses as it helps keep flashing bright light out. Flashing light entering while riding in and out of shadows causes me headaches, these glasses help with that problem. (Posted on 8/19/11)
Items 1 to 20 of 28 total
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.