Far better than 'afterthought' jacket liners. More durable, comfortable, functional and versatile.
Their reversible design includes seven purposeful pockets in a black Supernyl fabric shell, including dual hand-warmer pockets, a side entry drop-in ergonomic left side chest pocket, a top opening chest pocket on the right side, two large zippered compartments behind each hand warmer pocket and a large zippered pocket across the lower back that the entire jacket to self-stores neatly within for packing and travel. Inside-out when packed, with integrated webbing loops so it may be safely attached to your bike, or worn on a belt like a fanny pack. Also works well as a sleeping or reading pillow when camping.
The wearable-both-ways liner also features underarm zips which perfectly match those on Darien jackets to provide superior venting adjustability and more comfort across a wider temperature range. You'll also appreciate the handlebar-friendly longer sleeve lengths, a just-right collar height and the comfortable stretch knit wrists and waist.
Because they are reversible this liner may be worn fleece-on-the-inside for great air-trapping warmth, or reversed to help it slip on or off faster within a Darien (or any other) outer jacket.
The grey TLTec Wind Pro model features a thick, dense 200 wt. wind resistant “super fleece” which is extremely breathable yet provides 4x better insulation and more draft resistance than common department store fleeces.
The blue TLTec Wind Blocker version is made with a slightly thinner and even more highly windproof 100 wt. fleece that offers 2X faster moisture wicking than other windproof fleeces, while retaining good breathability for all day comfort. It's also marginally more compact-to-pack. Because of its slightly more wind-blocking TL Tec, it also offers a bit higher insulation level (as measured in lab testing) than the noticeably thicker Wind Pro model.
Wear either as a cold weather comfort layer inside a Darien Jacket, or alone as a casual/off-bike jacket. Wherever you are going, both eliminate some of the weight and bulk of traditional liners, and both are equally long-use durable. They both feature a durable water repellent (DWR) finish to keep you drier and more comfortable thru the wettest conditions.
Either version will wear a good deal warmer than you'd expect on cool mornings, and both compliment a Darien jacket perfectly.With all new Darien jacket construction an optional zip-in liner zipper (#375) is available at no charge, but most wearers prefer to simply wear these together, without this complication. It's faster and easier. Machine washable. Sizes 36-54.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (5)
- OutstandingReview by Dan
- Great quality product, cuts wind and early AM chill..can be worn alone or with jacket, gives great comfort. (Posted on 7/6/12)
- love this jacketReview by ladygolfer
- Love this jacket so much bought this one for a Christmas for a friend. This is my favorite jacket because it is reversible, although I wear the fleece side in most of the time. It is just right on a not so warm day or late in the evening. (Posted on 12/30/11)
- AlmostReview by Jack
- Wanted to use it as a liner for my Falstaff jacket. Unfortunately the zippers are backwards and have the fleece away from your body (see picture above). Needed to think this one through guys. (Posted on 3/11/11)
- Great liner and stand alone jacketReview by Joe
- Used one of these paired with a Darien Light jacket on a recent 1000 mile plus trip and they delivered as advertised. Temps on the trip ranged from the low 40s in the Snowies and Sierra Madres and hi 80s crossing the Great Divide Basin. Functions as a great fleece jacket on it's own too, good job Aerostich! (Posted on 9/30/10)
- Excellent, very versatile jacket/linerReview by mrsoup
This is one of my favorite pieces of riding gear, it goes everywhere with me. Excellent as a liner, even under my summer mesh jacket it keeps me warm with temps in the 50s, virtually windproof. Just as good off the bike with lots of pockets and the self storing feature makes it compact to carry. The 'pit zips' are great when it warms up too.
I slip it into a pillowcase and use it as a pillow when camping.
Highly recommended! (Posted on 7/4/10)
"...Last, but among the best, is the Darien liner. It is removable and becomes a very nice free-standing insulating jacket when separated from the Darien jacket. Nylon on one side and fleece on the other, it's a good looking casual windbreaker away from the bike. One of its seven pockets doubles as a stuff sack, including belt loops so you can carry it like a fanny pack. The liner is a highlight of the Darien suit, in my opinion: comfortable, practical, good-looking, and compact."