Inexpensive, wafer thin, compact, felt-lined stereo speakers that press into your helmet’s ear pockets or hang in the helmet lining with accompanying hook and loop pads. Both speakers plug into the included 40" cord, which features a spring clip for attaching anywhere. Reasonable sound quality, but the most important aspects are the low price and they fit anywhere. Plug directly into any device with a 1⁄8" (3.5mm) headphone output jack. 2"×2"×.25", 1.75 oz.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (10)
- Good sound, but cheaply madeReview by richmintz
The sound is perfectly fine for routine city riding and even for highway riding when there isn't a lot of wind noise. Unfortunately the wiring and connectors are cheap, and probably won't last very long. But this speaker set is so inexpensive that even if I have to replace them two or three times a year, they're still a good value.
I plug mine into a Jabra Street2 Bluetooth adapter, which is wirelessly connected to my phone. They're way easier than fumbling with headphones.
One comment: I haven't quite figured out how I should affix them inside the helmet. The hook-and-loop tape that's provided isn't strong enough to hold them in place, so I take them in and out. But that's a problem I'm sure I can solve if I invest a little time in it. (Posted on 3/26/13)
- speakersReview by FM
- These helped and the price was right ... I wasn't looking for the clarity that I can get from my huge stereo unit at home. But these helped bring music to my helmet. (Posted on 5/9/12)
- Pretty good for this priceReview by Jeff
- I have been using one of these in my helmet for over a year, just one to comply with California law. I cut the cable and soldered on a 3.5mm jack pretty close to it. It is inside my HJC full face helmet. I feed audio from a Siruis unit and through an Amplirider, and it works pretty well. Very little bass to speak of when moving. It helps that my ST1300 creates very still air with the windshield up, and my faceshield down. On a naked bike you would not hear much at all. I think with any small speakers like this you should be handy with solder and be able to repair it, you shouldn't expect the wiring to last a long time. (Posted on 9/22/11)
- Fragile with mediocre soundReview by Mike
- I bought a pair for a solo 950 mile run. For most of the trip, I could barely hear anything even with the boostaroo. I gave up for a while, but thought I'd give them another try yesterday. The wire had come out of the speaker... (Posted on 1/11/11)
- i'm 5'11', I think, with ...Review by Piet Bess
i'm 5'11', I think, with a v-strom 650 and a bigger factory windscreen all the way up and a nolan flip-face. the speakers installed extr. easily. the music is not surround sound by any means, but it is recognisable up to 70mph. no bass. beats humming ad jingles.
i am concerned about not being able to pull the 90 degree plugs in case of enforcement or if noise and concentration clash.
maybe i'll buy a boost-a-roo. probably not. i'm a happy camper.
now instead of abusing the speakers in my honda civic once a week I'll have musik in my ears and ride 5x a week inst. of 4. (Posted on 3/7/09)
- The speakers work great. ...Review by Stephen Venneman
- The speakers work great. It's the 40" cord connecting the speakers to the music source that is a problem. It's flimsy, and after just two months or so of use, the cord has a short. Now to find a replacement... (Posted on 10/4/08)
- I purchased a set of thes...Review by RIck Waschek
I purchased a set of these prior to my annual trip from my home in Minnesota to Peoria, IL for the TT races. They performed exceptionally well once they were properly aligned inside my helmet. They performed equally as well on my other annual trip to Springfiled, IL for the Mile races. And you guessed it, they perfomed equally well on my trip to the Indy GP. In between going to watch other people ride motorcycles better than me I have to go to work. That involves a 120 mile round trip commute each and every day. These speakers work amazingly well for my daily ride also.
I ride a R1 that the previous owner was kind enough to smash off part of the fairing. In a cheap charlie attempt to make it look a little better I trimed off another 1/4 of the fairing and windshield. So you could say I ride a partially faired motorcycle. I also ride at speeds that prevent me from getting run over during my daily commute which equate to about 70 to way over 80 MPH. I use a I-Pod Nano and one of those coiley extension cords and earplugs. These speakers deliver fantastic sound quality, have held up to aproximately 8,000 miles of relativey high speed use and are stupid easy to mount.
They are fantastic and the purchase price makes them even more so. (Posted on 10/4/08)
- Addendum to the note belo...Review by Stephen Venneman
- Addendum to the note below... I called customer service, and they told me to send the cord back with a note, and they would repair or replace it for me. Yay, Aerostitch! (Posted on 1/24/08)
- Product was amazing for t...Review by Jordan Peled
Product was amazing for the first year I had it; good valuer and great sound under 70 mph (not that I ever go that fast on my Beemer K1200RS). But after a year, one speaker was dead, and the other shaky at best.
But Sandy at Aerostitch was very accomodating, and offered me an even product exchange. Thank you Aerostitch!
Point Pleasant, NJ
May 15, 2007
(Posted on 12/26/07)
- These speakers were ok fo...Review by Ben
- These speakers were ok for the first week or so. After that, one of the speakers started to cut out. Ok to see if helmet speakers work for you (I can't wear any earbuds for longer than 2 hours) but I ended up just building my own set of helmet speakers which should last longer than anything else out there. (Posted on 8/13/07)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.