Many personal players do not provide quite enough volume to blast over wind noise or past earplugs. There’s just too much ambient roar. The Boostaroo can help. Plug it into the ‘phones output jack of your radio/scanner/whatever, then connect your helmet or earplug speakers. Voila, it amps-up the sound by about a third. Input device volume adjustments remain functional, but everything tops at a greater volume. Clearly and cleanly, too. About a 12db volume gain in a typical ear bud speaker. Two AA batteries (not included) last about 20 hours. There are two jacks so a passenger can also listen along without complicated wiring. 40mw per channel.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
The Boostaroo® employs similar output amplifiers to those found in CD players. Frequency response is equal to or exceeds specifications. Typical specifications are 20 to 20,000Hz +/- 2 dB (EIAJ CP-307 Method).
Output (@ 3VDC):
.3% harmonic distortion.
1. Into 8 ohm headphones - approximately 40 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound per channel. Or 100% boost in volume.
2. Into 16 ohm headphones (stereo mini jack), approximately 32.5 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound per channel.
3. Into 25 ohm headphones: approximately 28.5 mW per channel, 11.1 dB gain in sound per channel.
4. Into 32 ohm headphones: approximately 23.7 mW per channel, 10.9 dB gain in sound per channel.
5. Into 64 ohm headphones: approximately 13.8 mW per channel, 10 dB gain in sound per channel.
3.0 VDC: Two size AA batteries are required. Use of alkaline batteries is suggested for longer playing time. Also works with rechargeable batteries, nikle-metal hydride type preferred.
Size: 4.5" x 1.5" x 1.1" 11.43cm x 3.81cm x 2.79cm)
Weight: 3 oz for unit, 6 oz (170.10G) with 2 AA batteries.
Cord: 12 "
Color: Clear (Translucent)
1-Clear Boostaroo Portable Headphone Audio Amplifier and Splitter