Many personal players do not provide quite enough volume to blast over wind noise or past earplugs. The Boostaroo can help. Plug it into the audio jack of your radio/scanner/whatever, then connect your helmet or earplug speakers. Voila, the sound level is increased by about a third. Input device volume adjustments remain functional, but everything tops at a greater volume. Clearly and cleanly, too. About a 12dB gain in a typical ear speaker. Two AA batteries (not included) last about 20 hours. There are two jacks so a passenger can listen along. 40mw per channel.
The Boostaroo® employs similar output amplifiers to those found in CD players. Frequency response is equal to or exceeds specifications. Typical specifications are 20 to 20,000Hz +/- 2 dB (EIAJ CP-307 Method).
Output (@ 3VDC):
.3% harmonic distortion.
1. Into 8 ohm headphones - approximately 40 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound per channel. Or 100% boost in volume.
2. Into 16 ohm headphones (stereo mini jack), approximately 32.5 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound per channel.
3. Into 25 ohm headphones: approximately 28.5 mW per channel, 11.1 dB gain in sound per channel.
4. Into 32 ohm headphones: approximately 23.7 mW per channel, 10.9 dB gain in sound per channel.
5. Into 64 ohm headphones: approximately 13.8 mW per channel, 10 dB gain in sound per channel.
3.0 VDC: Two size AA batteries are required. Use of alkaline batteries is suggested for longer playing time. Also works with rechargeable batteries, nikle-metal hydride type preferred.
Size: 4.5" x 1.5" x 1.1" 11.43cm x 3.81cm x 2.79cm)
Weight: 3 oz for unit, 6 oz (170.10G) with 2 AA batteries.
Cord: 12 "
Color: Clear (Translucent)
1-Clear Boostaroo Portable Headphone Audio Amplifier and Splitter
1-12" Connection Cable (Built Into Boostaroo)
1-Boostaroo Owners Manual
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (4)
- I recently purchased this...Review by Richard Provencio Jr
- I recently purchased this to use in conjuction with my XM "Roady XT". Clear sound with no distortion in the background. Fits compactly in my tank bag. (Posted on 4/28/09)
- I've placed this onto a...Review by Katman, a.k.a.:Paul McCarthy
I've placed this onto a Honda Big Ruckus equipped
with dual battery charging system and an aux. battery Odyssey PC-680 (fits the BMW K-75s that needs the tranny put back in, etc) to power up three amps (30 w. for small front speakers [Poly-Planar 840 b], 150w for mid range rear speakers [Poly-Planar 5" , 200w for marine grade sub woofer [ms55 from Poly-Planar]) and will be installing a capacitor for the power amp of the sub-woofer soon.
Without the pre-amp in the Circuit it's just not quite
audible in a tunnel next to a truck. With the pre-amp in
it's louder than the trucks and most Harleys!!!
The scooter's sound system and the music I play on it made the local rag. You can see the article at:
The scooter earned two trophys at rallies, so far.
Using one of these pre-amps on it; just wanted a working spare. I'm anal about spare parts!! (Posted on 4/28/09)
- ...not quite as good as t...Review by jeffrey sadis
- ...not quite as good as the super booster, but worth the price. Great for listening to movies on a plane with a partner. Great battery life, but the lack of volume control is where this unit falls short. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 :) (Posted on 4/28/09)
- Got my boostaroo (luv the...Review by stephen combs
- Got my boostaroo (luv the name) 1 mo. ago, works great use it with my CD player in tank bag next is to get the Mix-It2 and see if it works with it (as Tim the tool man would say more power.) (Posted on 9/1/08)