The MixIt2 is designed for motorcycle applications. It provides four inputs for connecting and combining signals from radar detectors, radios, CD players, MP3 players, XM receivers, talking GPSs, CBs, FRS radios, cell phones, etc. Power is supplied by an internal 9V battery (lasts about 25 hrs) or a filtered 12V external power jack to provide clean, noise-free listening.
This signal mixer prevents feedback damage when combining multiple audio sources, and its internal amplifier helps portable music players sound louder, cleaner and better. Features include a power/volume control knob, two stereo inputs, two isolated mono inputs (that do not require special cables for Garmin GPS and Escort radar detectors), an output jack and ‘power on’ and ‘battery low’ indicator LEDs. Rotary volume controller allows you to mute all devices simultaneously, which is handy in urban situations or at toll booths. 5.5"×2.5"×1", 5.5 oz.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
- Mix-IT2 Audio Mixer Review by Dane
- This is the best product Aerostich carries. Without it I would not be able to hear my XM radio, I whear ear pugs. And it's the only amp that will connect to your 12 volt sys. I have one bike and three scooter's and each one has it's own. Monday I'm going to order two more. Thank's Aerostich. (Posted on 11/15/14)
- Exactly as advertised! Review by Michael
This item works well. I've used it during my commute with an MP3 player and a CB radio connected to the Mix-it2, plus a radar detector plugged into the priority override slot. Everything works exactly as promised. The ability of this unit to turn up the volume on my music player is a plus because I ride with earplugs.
The device comes with a belt clip and I reccomend you find some way to attach it where there is some small amount of air flow. After connecting the other items, I folded cords and put everything nice and tidy into a small tankbag. It did not occur to me that being an amplifier it would generate a good deal of heat. Not enough to harm anything - not a problem with the device - signal amplifiers such as the Mix-it2 are going to generate heat and you must allow that heat to disipate. Put it on your belt or an armband instead of zipped-up inside a thick walled bag and all will be well. Great item!! (Posted on 6/8/13)
- Excellent product Review by TF1200RT
- I've used this product for four years now between two different bikes. Has always performed flawlessly using my MP3, radar and GPS. Looking to buy another unit. (Posted on 5/13/12)
- introduces some distortion Review by LJNelson
- While this product does the job, I think it does introduce some distortions. I consider myself an audiophile, so this may not be noticeable to most people, but I've found that listening to music is not quite as crisp as without this device. I have yet to take a long trip to see just how annoying this will be against the environmental noise. (Posted on 4/10/12)
- Great product, wonderful service Review by Nahum
- Does what it's supposed to; flawlessly. Company helped me to work through a self inflicted problem with a great deal of patience. I've had a unit for several years and have used in in all sorts of environments. There's nothing like a Pipe Band to get you through the 2 AM, lonely road all beat up blues and the Mix-It delivers all 50 pipers directly to the cerebral cortex. (Posted on 12/6/11)
- Mix-It2 is a winner Review by BMWBooda
- After many years dealing with a fussy, complicated AutoCom system, is was a delight to try the Mix-It2. No bundles of extra wires and filters, no bulky cords, just a simple, clean setup and wonderful sound. I'm sold...should have done this many years ago. (Posted on 7/15/11)
- Works as promised. Servic... Review by Chris Hopkins
Works as promised. Service from manufacturer, Mix-It Products, is outstanding. I mistakenly thought my unit was defective and returned it to Mix-It. They tested the unit and concluded that I was using the wrong connecting cable. Called me twice to follow up, and sent the unit back with a complementary correct cable.
TIPS: 1. If connecting a stereo output, e.g., Garmin 2820, to the mono priority override of the unit, USE A STEREO TO MONO CABLE (available at RadioShack).
2. If you have a problem, call Mix-It before sending the unit in.
(Posted on 7/11/08)