Like your favorite pair of jeans – on steroids. Same as AD-1 pants but without the full-length outseam zippers. They offer the fit and comfort of traditional jeans-cut styling, combined with the rugged, all-weather protection of 500 Denier Mil-spec Cordura® GORE-TEX® fabric, making them an excellent choice for riding, as well as everyday off-bike activities. The pre-bent knees allow for freedom of movement and include shaped, removable TF3 kneepads for added impact protection. Features include: Two front pockets with hook and loop secured flaps to keep contents secure, one back pocket, double seat and knees, a flapped front fly, integrated loop for optional hip pad attachment and a gusseted waistband with belt loops. Adjustable radial ankle tabs allow for secure fitment around the calf and lower leg and a gusseted crotch offers greater all-day sitting comfort. Great everyday, all-purpose riding pants. Available in Men's sizes 30-44, Regular or Long. Black, Grey or Tan.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (3)
- Great Riding PantsReview by Tom Rigsby
- I already own a two piece Roadcrafter and wanted a less bulky pair of Gore-Tex pants to wear with the RC jacket. Considered the AD-1s but wasn't interested in the full length zippers and other features. I much prefer the simplicity of the Utility pants. As the advertising copy says, they fit like jeans. I've found them to be a wonderful companion to my RC jacket. And, I like the fact that they are Made In The USA! (Posted on 11/2/16)
- First ImpressionsReview by David
First impression and comparison to Dariens: These are no non-sense 3-4 season riding pants and so far I am very happy with them. They fit great and in fact are cut and ride like jeans as advertised. I tried Dariens and they just didn’t work for me, too baggy and high waisted. The Dariens are also more of an overpant, but these Utility pants are ideal to wear against the skin, running shorts, or over a medium weight base-layer in winter.
Sizing: I wear a 32x32 in Levis so I ordered the 32 Long and the fit is excellent. I had to shift the knee pads down about an inch and a half so they would cradle my knee caps. I upgraded with the TF3 hip pads and still the fit is excellent. The length is fine as they only ride up about 2 inches on my boots when seated in the saddle. Still plenty of coverage over the top of my boots so no issues with water getting in during a rain storm. If you have a long inseam you might consider having them lengthened when ordering.
Construction: They look tough as nails, but only time will tell how they hold up. They don’t come with a belt like Dariens, so I ordered the Aerostich deluxe belt and it works just fine.
Combined with my Darien jacket, I feel well protected and am looking forward to putting some miles on this gear. (Posted on 5/7/16)
- AD1s for CheapskatesReview by Mark
- These pants pack a lot of functionality into a moderately-priced package. Have yet to run through rain with them, or subject them to an unplanned get-off, but I see no reason not to expect great protection in either scenario. They're comfortable on the bike (a V-Strom) and not too cumbersome to walk in. This morning, however, I wished I'd ponied up the additional money for a pair of AD1s with side-zips when I couldn't snake my dress shoe-shod foot down the leg... (Posted on 2/13/14)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
Which Pants? Darien vs. AD1 vs. Utility...Regular vs. Light
AD1 pants fit me a little better than Darien pants. Their rise is less, so the waistband rides a little lower, and it’s slightly curved, which I also like better. The AD1’s included belt is a 1.25" Aerostich money belt, versus the stronger 1.5" side-release-buckled belt on the Darien pants. And compared to the Darien pant the AD1’s knees are ‘bent’ a couple of degrees more, which is nice for bikes with a little more rear-positioned footrests. The radius of this bend is a little bigger, too, so there is a bit more space for knee pads. Darien pants fit and feel a lot like Khaki's or regular pants and AD1's fit and feel a little more like jeans.
Up to about 70ºf I wear my AD1 Lights over regular jeans or khaki pants. When it’s warmer they go over Aerostich cotton riding shorts…which we sew right here, too. The new Utility Pants fit like the AD1's, and have all the function, protection and styling of those, but without the full-length side-zips, belt, or reflective on the leg adjustment tabs. You can slip them on and wear them all day, whether logging hundreds of miles or just riding across town to run errands. Remove the TF3 kneepads and these super-tough pants are practical as everyday off-bike wear, too.