It’s a bright taillight…until you hit the brakes. Then, it flashes four times fast—pauses—three flashes a little slower—pauses—two more real slow, and it’s on full time as a stop light. The entire flash/pause sequence takes 4 seconds and repeats each time you re-apply the brakes. This complex pattern is commonly and intuitively recognized as a deceleration warning. The bulb’s reliable digital electronics are all contained inside the bulbs base. It uses a widely available, easily replaceable “G-4” halogen bulb. (An easy to carry extra is also included.) Fits standard 1157 dual filament brake/taillight bulb sockets. Legal disclaimer: May not be approved for use in all states.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (9)
- Aerostich Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
- Replacement bulbs can be easily found on line or at your local bulb retailer by searching for or asking for an 'Osram 64425 2800K 12V-20W Halogen' replacement bulb. (Posted on 6/29/16)
- Self DefenseReview by Mike
- I was recently rear ended on my cycle by one of the all too common tailgaters. Luckily my injuries were minor. When I got home, I saw this in your catalog and bought and love it. You can really see it gets drivers attention much better than a plain brake light. I feel a little safer. Question. It comes with a spare bulb, but where does one buy the next spare bulb? (Posted on 6/28/16)
- Not for CAN-BUSReview by robert
- Won't work for BMW CAN-BUS where it's looking for a dual filament bulb. (Posted on 11/9/14)
- Good concept but...Review by Geronimo
- Excellent lights, but, won´t last very long due to vibration. I´ve used two, on different bikes and worked no more than 3 or 4 months.I think leds are a better option. (Posted on 9/18/12)
- It WorksReview by Chris
- One of the best safety investments I have made. Motorists will notice. Bulb lasts a long time. (Posted on 10/27/11)
- Good stuffReview by red ryder
- The day I installed the assembly on my GS I heard from four (4) car drivers about how visible it was. All positive stuff there Maynard. (Posted on 11/28/10)
- These lights are not near...Review by Rob
- These lights are not nearly as bright as a standard 1157 and they are red, not white. (Posted on 12/9/08)
- Got the white one... does...Review by D Wentworth
- Got the white one... does not seem as bright as a 1157, more focused and not as visible from an angle. Nice idea, but poorly executed. Costs way too much for the benefit (if any.) (Posted on 8/3/08)
- Just replace the bulb and...Review by Michael Zumstein
Just replace the bulb and thatâs it. Very bright very noticeable with a good rate of 14 flashes prior to steady on. I've tried the type you wire in line and blew fuses after about five uses.
The bulb and socket arrangement works very well as you can replace the bulb by itself which is included, so itâs not going to be as expensive to re-bulb after burn out.
(Posted on 6/14/08)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.