One of the best technology crossovers from bicycling to motorcycling is padded, stretchy shorts. If you’ve never worn these things on a long ride, you owe it to yourself to try a pair. They seem to add another couple hundred mile range to a day, as they keep fatigue at bay longer than yer basic briefs. These are a modified version of bicycle shorts, cut slightly shorter in the legs, and with all the Lycra and fleece of the originals. Put a stop to chafing, stay comfortable and keep riding! (Also an old Iron Butt rider’s secret weapon.) Black. S (24–28), M (28–32), L (32–36), XL (36–40).
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (16)
Items 1 to 10 of 16 total
- shortsReview by Ralph
- These are great for all day riding (Posted on 5/11/16)
- FittingReview by Warren
I like the product, find the pair well-made indeed. Fitting is another story for me, I am 5' 9", 188 lbs, with a 36" waist, and the shorts in XL are so tight and uncomfortable that honestly I don't want to wear them for more than a few minutes!
I have worn Under Armour's compression-fit clothing for many years in both coldgear and heatgear which I'm sure everyone knows are very tight...but these riding shorts are much tighter in the waist, to such an extreme I just can't use them. I have given them to my wife for spinning exercise shorts. I'm a big fan of Aerostich and have many products, this is the first time I've bought a product I couldn't use, it being underwear, I am reluctant to return it. (Posted on 1/16/16)
- First ride blue'sReview by Russ
- After my first ride I am disappointed, all the padding is in the crotch area, very little in the rear area where I want it, I ride with my butt on the seat not my crotch (yes, I had them on the right way). The waist band on mine was very scratchy and irritating to my waist, I thought I might have a wrong size , but they fit well. Now the subject of going to the restroom or the quick roadside behind the tree tinkle break, be prepared it is not easy and requires you pull your pants half down to go! They are well made, I just did not care for them. (Posted on 6/8/15)
- Still wearing themReview by Jerry Stevens
- First pair in 2008. After a SS1000 had to buy another. Wore them on 3 SS1000, BB1500, TX1000 and often when a long distance and heat were on my schedule. I usually wear Wickers under them. No monkey butt. They do help on the butt not getting sore. I have two pair. May add another. (Posted on 7/30/13)
- extra qualityReview by Pierre
- they are everything they claimed but the extra quality is that they are so smooth and soft that my over pants don't bundle and bunch up and that made it even more comfortable. Until these shorts I had no idea it was happening. as usual ,Aerostich, keep up the great products (Posted on 3/5/13)
- Riding shorts for riding longReview by Geodimon
Overall I think this is a decent product. They truly did extend my seat time and, consequently, the number of miles I could cover.
I wore them on a hot summer trip from the Midwest to Texas. The heat revealed the products shortcomings (pun not intended): they could not wick the sweat as fast as I was producing it which led to a mild rash as the trip went on (I washed them every night in Woolite) and the tall waist saw them pinch and bunch near my belly button producing folds that I noticed more and more during the trip.
Bathroom breaks were a bit more complicated without a fly and the moist stickiness resulting from the very hot weather (100+ temperatures).
I find myself looking at the merino wool shorts because of that fiber's greater comfort range.
I can live with the design's bunching, but will only use these when the weather is cool. (Posted on 7/3/12)
- nomo2job . infoReview by Sloebehr
I've used riding shorts before when I wore riding shorts for 18 years while Mountain Bike riding. So when I had a chance to ride a portion of the Scooter Cannonball Run passing through Texas ... I had to have riding shorts to help my tired ole butt ... I knew what I needed to cover my butt. I heard all of the complaints from my fellow scooter friends crossing America in 8 days from previous years.
When a friend of mine picked me up in Moody and I was to chase her on my MP3 500 maxi-scooter for the next 190 miles in 2 hours 15 min, I could have ridden a lot further, I felt fine.
These riding shorts saved my backside. At age 67, some people asked why was I crazy enough to buy a 492cc scooter ... why not a vehicle. But I could never have ridden that far in that short of time in briefs. These riding shorts saved my rear. Thanks.
I do have a suggestion for guys and gals wearing your shorts. Find a way to help someone go to the rest room without removing outer clothing just to relief themselves.
thx (Posted on 5/12/12)
- These are very versatileReview by Zig08
- I've had these shorts for a few years now and they get worn a lot. They have held up amazingly well, not showing any signs of wear. I got a couple of pairs when I was a bit heavier and I found that they make the ride better. I've lost a bit of weight and now I find these shorts to be very versatile. I use them for working out, bicycling, yoga, and whatever else I try. I got XL when I had a 40” waist; they still fit now that I’m down to a 34. I think I’ll be getting a L next time though. The only gripe I have is that they are a bit tall, if you don’t have a flat stomach you will probably roll them down when you sit down. (Posted on 2/3/12)
- Long day helper.Review by Buckeye
- Don't have much natural padding so thought I'd give these a try on a 275 mile day ride. Definitely an improvement for me. (Posted on 10/28/11)
- Good productReview by Phoebe
- I've had these shorts for about two weeks now and have used them for about 1000 miles of riding so far. I like them a lot. They really increase the comfort for longer trips and wick well. (Posted on 8/3/11)
Items 1 to 10 of 16 total
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.