Sheepskin cushions, cools and lets air circulate. When it’s sticky hot, you’ll sit cooler. And when it’s freezing, sheepskin is warm and comfy. Between extremes it’s always luxurious. Sheepskin has long been used by those who sit for extended periods because of how it cushions and vents.
These are luxurious top grade sheepskins, laminated with an Aerostich-exclusive, non-skid 3⁄16" PVC foam mesh base, so they won’t creep around on your saddle, even if you ride aggressively. They also won’t hold or absorb much water. Saddle sheepskin pads help you stay more comfortable, refreshed and alert on long rides. Each pad features eight strategic bungee attachment points, two lengths of adjustable bungee, and four no-scratch nylon hooks for a custom installation.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (11)
- sheepskin padReview by jim
- I love the softness of my new sheepskin pad. I can ride longer distances now even with the stock seat. Well worth the money with the mounting tabs. Buy it. (Posted on 6/25/14)
- Amazing comfort...Review by Burt
- I bought this seat pad for myself for Christmas after a 4 hour jaunt on my Italian sport bike left my butt numb for a week.. I thought I'd hate it, but I had to try something. This is the best single product I've ever owned! Can't believe I've been riding 35+ years without one, never again! Folds or rolls up and fits nicely in my tank bag, and will easily fit all 3 of my bikes. Super value, and the quality is incredible.. I want one for my car now! (Posted on 1/11/13)
- Love it! And I could love it even more if...Review by J.
...it had a rain cover. Maybe, like, one that pops out from underneath just temporarily?
I know, I know -- it doesn't take on much moisture. But still, something to keep the rain away when it's coffee break time and to keep soapy water off when I ride through the automatic car wash and like that, y'know? (Posted on 9/13/12)
- sheepskin padReview by Ken
- It fits well, and does not move around, also I do not slide around on it while riding. Feels a little odd, yet comfy. (Posted on 8/9/12)
- love the padReview by dulcimertime
Absolutely love the extra padding on my seat!
Lots of problems with my back due to arthritis, and already had a gel pad on the custom saddle, but it wasn't enough. Able to get out for a longer ride since installing this great cushion (200 mile ride)
Pad stays in place, no shedding, just the extra needed, no freying of edges, easy to install if you just take the appropriate time to do it right (Posted on 5/22/12)
- Save your $Review by PastorGumby
I purchased this for my '02 VFR to improve the OEM seat and got to ride with it a few times.
Bottom line: save your $,it doesn't do a lot to improve the seating comfort in my opinion.
I have a gel pad with Alaska Sheepskin on my kawasaki nomad, and that made a HUGE difference in ride comfort. (Posted on 5/6/12)
- Aerostich SheepskinReview by Don
- The sheepskin saddle cover is very comfortable. I live in FL and find that having the sheepskin on the seat makes riding more comfortable even though our weather is normally warm. I have ridden an eight hour trip with the sheepskin and had no seat irritation from sitting so long. The sheep skin was easy to secure with the bungies provided and one additional. (Posted on 4/7/12)
- Beating the Heat on the Seat Review by VtStrom
In July of this year I went for a tour of the US. it was unseasonably warm and the sun was baking My Gell Seat on My vstrom & coincidently I was having to sit on it... So, I stopped in at the Riders WearHouse where I was greeted By Andy who first got me an ICE cold bottle of Water, and then My Sheepskin Saddle cover. What a wonderful investment. [it now has 10k + miles on it !!] Now the fact that the Guy was the OWNER and a very pleasant gentleman was an added bonus. A pleasure to do business with these people...
Thank you Andy and all the crew @ Riders WearHouse. sincerly , JackD (Posted on 11/3/11)
- Fuzzy seat rocks!Review by David
- I installed this sadlle pad on my old '79 Honda XL500 with trashed out seat foam. What a difference! Makes 200 mi days doable! It looks a little goofy but the comfort factor overrides the "cool" factor. My brother also has this saddle pad for his Suzuki DR350 and he loves it! Easy on/off also a plus to wash it if it gets funky from offroad muck. The rubber backing is also fantastic and keeps it from sliding around. Great product! (Posted on 10/29/11)
- Sheep Skin SaddleReview by Dano
Rode 250 miles on it to Vermont yesterday, 60 degree weather. Love the comfort.
I ride an R1200GS, 2005, with a stock seat. I created my own hooks (6) out of Black Acetal Plastic, and used the supplied bungie chord. The hooks are in the basic shape of a fish hook, with a 3/16 hole at one end and hook at the other. I used zip ties at the end hooks to secure the bungie. Easy, on easy off. Good Product!
Dano (Posted on 9/18/11)
- Love ThisReview by RFP52
- This pad got a real try out. When I left home it was cool and cloudy, later that day it rained, on the day I came home the heat index was 111°. I was comfortable in every temp and the bungee cords made it quick on and off in the rain. It stays in place and conforms to the motorcycle seat and my seat nicely. It will be a few months before I can try this in very cold weather but in the heat I didn't have the "issues" you normally have spending the day on the seat. (Posted on 7/24/11)