Sleep in bed-like comfort with this lightweight cot. Packs small, so it’s convenient for taking along. Set up is quick and painless. When assembled, it stands supported by bowed trusses 4” off the ground, so you can sleep on your stomach, back, and even on your side in suspended comfort. If your back can’t handle the cold hard ground, or if you’re tired of sliding off of your sleep pad in the middle of the night, this cot provides the perfect solution. Sleeps cool in hot weather by allowing air to circulate below you, or combine with a thermarest pad for extreme comfort and added insulation on cold nights. Low profile design so you can even place it underneath your tent. Inside the tent, it will not damage the floor, and outside the tent, no ground cloth is needed. You can walk across the cot without harming it. If you sit on it, your butt will sit on the ground, but when you lay down, you float above the ground. Even if you’re 7’ tall, you’ll sleep great because there are no poles across the ends to hit your head or feet. Also might make a nice parasail when combined with skates and a frozen lake (?). Ultralight aluminum and polycarbonite construction. Supports up to 325 lbs. Comes with carrying bag. Regular 74"×25"×4.5" (set up), 16"×5" (packed), 46 oz. Large 77”x26”x4.5” (set up), 5”x17” (packed), 48 oz. Grey.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (24)
- Hi tech CotReview by Carl
- Nice. Sets up easily. I'm waiting for the "competition" version that CAN be "rocked from end to end". Probably would need to be a double size. Diagonal guy wires? Oh and cup holders, please! Baby its cold outside! Cheers #66828 (Posted on 7/24/16)
- high tech ultra light cot- on the bike or in your lugggageReview by Paul
I've had this cot for 10 years me thinks.
I've used it for motorcycle camping- it works great- but the MOST use has been on the floor in motel rooms @ Bonneville for speed week, and this year- following the cannon ball riders-
I put the cot w/sleeping bag in my luggage (ortlieb dry bag) and sleep comfy no matter what- I bit heavy for back packing but my local Sierra Club guide swears by his!
(Posted on 10/29/14)
- I just got my Hi Tech Cot...Review by Joel Phelps
I just got my Hi Tech Cots yesterday and I am very impressed. They fold up tiny, weigh next to nothing and will float my 215Lbs even if I lie on my side. I have been using the thickest available Thermarest type pads for several years and they are adequate if I sleep flat on my back. Sleeping on my side is a no-go. The Hi-Tech cots are fine in any position.
The cots go together and come apart in less than five minutes (for the first time, probably two minutes for the experienced). The instructions are OK, but not totally clear on installing the cross slats. The drill is that you fully assemble the cross slat, hook one end to the cot and then pull up on the center of the slat while pushing down to hook the second side in.
I have not weighed or measured the cots but they are about half the size and weight of my old, self inflating pad. It's hard to believe something that appears so insubstantial works so well. (Posted on 10/29/14)
- Great cot...but...Review by Tom
- This is a great cot, but as the previous review mentioned, a little pricey! (Posted on 9/25/14)
- Great product at a steep priceReview by RTMcG
- The cot is great for motorcycle camping but that's about it in my opinion. Small and light weight enough that its great for the bike, but too big and heavy for backpacking and you could certainly pack more if you were car camping. For the price, I'm not sure I'd recommend it unless you're going to be doing a lot of motorcycle camping. (Posted on 8/16/14)
- sleep like your at homeReview by Lee
- So we have a sleep memory bed at home and its great! so i got this with some hesitation. just got back from the vbr3 and another week on the road after, and this cot is just like im sleeping on my own bed, i woke up rested! and i stayed on the cot! the wife says i move alot! anyhow great cot, easy to setup and teardown, durable, just all around nice (Posted on 9/1/13)
- Great ProductReview by Merv
- I just came off the road after riding 3k miles. I have some back issues and sleeping on the ground is out... So after looking at the reviews on the cot and a call to Aerostitch I purchased the cot. When it arrived I set the cot up in the house to give it a "test run". After sleeping on it for a couple of hours, all was ok...no back problems at all. So on the trip I gave the cot a good workout. All was ok, no back problems at all during the entire trip. I use a small blanket on top of the cot and stay cozy on some of those 60 degree nights. I also used a sleeping bag and the cot was very comfortable. Would definitely recommend. Am very happy with my purchase (Posted on 7/20/13)
- Go ahead, waste your money on hotel stays!!Review by Daniel
- This cot allows you to sleep anywhere.!! Rocks? No problem! Bunch grass? NO problem. A restful night is guaranteed. It takes little time to set up once you've done it a time or two. Use it twice and it pays for itself every time after that! Cheers! see ya on the road!!! (Posted on 1/30/13)
- Was Hesitant! Review by wayne
- I must say for the price and the complicity of assembly and disassemble, I was more than hesitant. After spending several nights on it has turned my opinion. I trusted a friends judgement and it payed off! It's one more thing to do when setting up camp, but it's worth it! You won't put it up sometime because of time constraints or weather. But you won't do that again! Sleeping comfortably or not your choice! It's a small pain in the ass for a good nights sleep! (Posted on 12/12/12)
- Collapsed. Feet and pegs bent.Review by Guy
I've used mine for a few years with success. If your pad is slippery (like the Thermarest inflatable), use a little self-adhesive velcro to attach your sleeping pad to the tent floor above the cot, so the pad won't slip out from under you.
Big problem, though. Last night, I woke up sore and realizing that I'd been laying on the cross pegs. At some point during the night, the thing just collapsed. The feet hooks bent, and some of the pegs did too. I only weigh 200 lbs. I set it up correctly because I've showed people how to do it many times, and I've watched the video online with a friend, confirming my assembly is correct. Weirdest thing, but now it's ruined. It won't ever stand straight. I'm having trouble reaching UltraLite (not answering their phone), and I haven't checked to see if Aerostitch will honor the lifetime warranty. (Posted on 8/28/12)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.