This matchbook-sized unit allows you to accurately monitor ambient humidity and temperature at the same time on its easy-to-read oversized display. Can stand on its own or stick to any surface with included double-stick tape. Operates on one watch battery (included). Really fun to see the humidity slowly increase from many miles away to 90% or more as you approach rain. Note: not "extreme waterproof" unless modified. (Disassemble, silicone seal.) 2"×1.5"×.6", 1 oz.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (5)
- Hygrometer ThermometerReview by Zorro
- Right after I received this Hygrometer Thermometer, I tested attaching it to the handle bar. After traveling over gravel/bumpy roads, it looked like it was ready to depart (leave) my motorcycle. When I got back home, I got out some stick on Velcro (male & female) and attached it to the back, over the trap door. This sealed the back from moisture and now stays securely to any surface. Having the Hygrometer Thermometer sitting in front of me while on the road is comforting and quite accurate. (Posted on 11/28/15)
- Somehow Still WorksReview by Ted
- I can't believe this thing. For $15, I didn't expect much. This has been frozen, rained on, pressure washed (indirectly), and exposed to searing heat and blinding sunlight for days on end. Somehow, it still works. I never sealed it up either. The temp and humidity is very accurate, I've checked it with against other gauges. I also enjoy watching the humidity fluctuate during a ride, especially when gaining altitude. My riding buddies always ask for updates, even the beemer guys who have a temp gauge, but not a humidity gauge! (Posted on 10/28/15)
- EconomicalReview by Michael
I was attracted to the device because I have had temperature indicators on previous bikes like a Victory and BMW.Ones I looked at were expensive so when I saw this in the Aerostich catalog I was impressed enough to order one.
The instructions accompanying the unit made a big deal about the humidity indicator.
The reason for this, I found, is that the hygrometer is fast acting. The temperature not so much. It changes eventually but if you ride from a lower alttitude of maybe 2000 ft. to 5000ft. in 2 miles the temperature doesn't keep up.
Probably useful for some applications, not so much on a motorcycle.
Best part: It's inexpensive. (Posted on 6/26/15)
- Aerostich Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
- This Hygrometer/Thermometer is not extreme waterproof unless modified (open case, silicone seal, close). Mr. Subjective uses several of these on several bikes, with varying amounts of waterproof sealing modification. All have been imperfect but also 'good enough' to have lasted more than a few years with lots of rain event exposure. Water gets inside after a while, then they dry out and the battery gets replaced. Still the best handlebar thermometer solution we've found. (Posted on 1/6/15)
- Hygrometer/ThermometerReview by TOS
First, hope this is a weatherproof unit. Pix showed strapped to handlebar, so I assume it is, just doesn't look like it.
Second, I had to stick a very small strip of the double side tape (only exposed one side) to the bottom, inside the battery compartment. Then another piece (square) to the back side of the battery door, so the battery would make connection with the contacts. It would work fine, gently holding with a finger, but would not contact with battery door closed. I hope it will not continuously lose contact on bumps. Guess a few rides will tell that.
Last, I will have to rig something to hold battery door closed. Just doesn't "click" like it should (with or without modifying the battery compartment. I fear if I don't do this I'll look down, no display, then look for the little door on the roadside. :( (Posted on 1/4/15)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
What’s cool about this Mini Hygrometer-Thermometer? It’s sensitive, accurate and quick-responding enough to put a useful number against immediate ambient conditions in real-time. The humidity percentage is particularly cool. As you ride closer to rain, the percentage of moisture in the air steadily increases. (Not raining yet, but you are riding closer and closer.) This instrument lets you predict not only the weather many miles ahead, but when air is hot and dry you’ll also know exactly how desiccating it is. You might not think this is interesting, but turns out it is. Lastly, it’s small and easy put anywhere, too.