Perfect for dual-sport, adventure, touring and daily riding. Fully seam taped, unlined, HT200D Nylon GORE-TEX® jeans-cut pant with full length separating side zips inner and outer weather flaps to help the pants go on and off fast yet keep rain and wind out.
Other details include: A diamond gusset in the crotch for greater sitting comfort; An inner gusset behind the front fly improves water resistance. The knees have a greater bend around a larger radius (than the Darien pant knees), allowing more freedom of movement; Radial Scotchlight® reflective ankle tab loop strips, for a natural and secure adjustment around the calf and lower leg. Front pockets have hook and loop secured cover flaps so items inside are secure. (You won't lose your keys when the pants are laid over the back of a chair…). A double layer of fabric at the seat for added abrasion protection. A vertical zippered pouched cargo pocket is on top of the right thigh and a horizontal opening pocket to the top of the left thigh. Integrated side hook and loop for easy attachment of optional hip pads. Available in even waist sizes, 30–44 regular and long. An Aerostich Money Belt (#1854) is included with these pants. Black, Grey or Tan. Imported and
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (4)
- Lighter Weight, Still Plenty ToughReview by Bruce
- I wanted riding pants that were a little lighter than my Dariens for hot weather riding, and the AD1 Lights looked like just the ticket. Aerostich was offering them with the hip armour included free of charge and a 10% discount for Canadian customers, due to the battered and devalued Canadian dollar. I couldn't resist the offer, and have had them now for a couple of weeks. I am very pleased with the way they fit and feel. Although they are appreciably lighter in weight than my Dariens, I do not feel that safety has been compromised at all. They are still heavy enough to offer excellent protection, especially with armour installed. These pants seem like a winner to me. (Posted on 8/10/15)
- Simple, functional, perfect.Review by Errol Smith
- Made in America, Goretex, under $500...what more do you want? How about excellent customer service? I bought these right before the free hip pads deal and called Aerostich up to see if they'd extend the deal to me. Without a moment's hesitation, they had them in a box and out the door to me. I was floored! What an amazing product from an equally amazing company! (Posted on 6/20/15)
- NOT made in USAReview by Dennis M
- I got an email telling me these pants were in stock, ready for immediate shipment including the hip armor. I come to find out that my size is NOT in stock and the entire shipment is made in Vietnam, A lot is made of Aerostitch's items being made in the USA, not Vietnam, the price does not go down for the Made in Vietnam items. These are expensive pants and now they are expensive Vietnamese pants. Come on, full disclosure always. (Posted on 6/17/15)
- Tough pantsReview by Michael
My knuckles are scraped raw making simple adjustments. Ride a BMW 1200 RT. Wear BMW gear and looked at Klim. All made in China or Indonesia. Live in California, may move due to combined state and fed tax rate of 60%, but it is warm here. Read many reviews. Ordered AD1 light pants after ordering Darien jacket. Could not imagine pants this good! Can't wait to put them on in the morning. God likes these pants. It rained 2 straight days after the day they arrived. They handled brilliantly. Changed my jacket to a Darian light even though there is an additional 5 week wait. Very tough pants with the $45.00 hip pad. Give this USA manufacture your support.
(Posted on 1/26/13)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
Which Pants? Darien vs. AD1 vs. Utility...Regular vs. Light
AD1 pants fit me a little better than Darien pants. Their rise is less, so the waistband rides a little lower, and it’s slightly curved, which I also like better. The AD1’s included belt is a 1.25" Aerostich money belt, versus the stronger 1.5" side-release-buckled belt on the Darien pants. And compared to the Darien pant the AD1’s knees are ‘bent’ a couple of degrees more, which is nice for bikes with a little more rear-positioned footrests. The radius of this bend is a little bigger, too, so there is a bit more space for knee pads. Darien pants fit and feel a lot like Khaki's or regular pants and AD1's fit and feel a little more like jeans.
Up to about 70ºf I wear my AD1 Lights over regular jeans or khaki pants. When it’s warmer they go over Aerostich cotton riding shorts…which we sew right here, too. The new Utility Pants fit like the AD1's, and have all the function, protection and styling of those, but without the full-length side-zips, belt, or reflective on the leg adjustment tabs. You can slip them on and wear them all day, whether logging hundreds of miles or just riding across town to run errands. Remove the TF3 kneepads and these super-tough pants are practical as everyday off-bike wear, too.
The AD1, AD1 light, Darien, Darien light and Utility pants fit some women better with a 'Hip-Seat Ease Alteration' (#263), which adds more curve and room. Also named 'Gail's Gusset' this $75 alteration (new construction price) helps all of these pants fit better, feel better, look better and wear more comfortably on bodies with more shaped hips. See Alterations for more info and a diagram. Please contact us if you have questions about any product or available custom alteration.