These full length back protectors provide higher levels of protection for kidneys, spine and coccyx areas. They are fully fitted for all Aerostich suits and jackets using integrated hook & loop mounts, or can be worn in another garment with the included, but detachable, belt. Both are made to withstand multiple hard impacts while being very lightweight and comfortable. Specify suit size. S, M, L.
The Standard is more for everyday riding applications, it's contour cut for total freedom of movement and is constructed with TF3 and a multi-layer polypropylene shell. TF3, polyester, and Cordura. Specify suit size. S, M, L.
|More Info||Learn about our TF Impact Armor Here >>|
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (19)
Items 1 to 10 of 19 total
- Aerostich TF3 back Impact armorReview by Tim
- Great product, good fit and easy to place in your jacket. Like many others, it seems to me that it should be standard like elbow and shoulder armor. A+ (Posted on 6/13/16)
- Back pad should come standard with jacketReview by Rock
- I really like this back pad. It is soft and compliant. It is also reassuring that it covers the bladder area. My only issue is that I believe that back protection should be included with a motorcycle jacket, especially a high end one. (Posted on 11/22/14)
- Second TF3 Back PadReview by Kevin
- I've been using one of these back pads for several years swapping it between an old Darrien jacket and my 4 year old 2-piece Roadcrafter. Well I ordered myself a custom 1-Piece Roadcrafter last year and swapping the back pad between the two suits got to be a pain cause I always forgot until I had the suit on and of course the one in the closet had the back pad. Anyway I won't ride without the back pad after seeing a friend partially paralyzed with a spinal injury and personally hitting a car broadside back first after being thrown from my bike during an accident with a guy running a red light. I believe my Darrien suit and TF3 back pad save me from serious injury in fact the EMTs were amazed that I had no injuries other than a few minor cuts. After that in incident I always wear one of my Aerostich suits with the back pad, and of course a helmet and gloves. Thanks Aerostich, you guys are the best!! - Kevin (Posted on 7/2/14)
- A very reassuring accessoryReview by Bruce
- I purchased my Darien jacket last year without the optional back protector, and decided to spring for the back armour this year. Fortunately, it has not been put to the ultimate test, but like all Aerostich armour, it looks like it will be up to the task if called upon. It fit seamlessly and easily into my jacket, attaching to the pre-existing velcro patches, and is so comfortable it is not noticeable at all. Aerostich thoughtfully provides a belt and extra velcro attachments in case the rider wants to use the protector in a non-Aerostich jacket. The back pad gives me just a little more peace of mind in the event that my bike and I should ever fall prey to the vagaries of the road. (Posted on 5/29/14)
- No brainerReview by Rich
I bought this for my Roadcrafter. Well worth it for the extra protection. I was concerned about extra bulk but that turned out to be a non-issue. I honestly didn't even notice it once I rode a few miles. I got off my track bike in full leathers just a couple of days before this arrived and that was a good reminder why you should never ride without back protection.
(Posted on 3/10/14)
- Perfect additionReview by John
- I bought this back pad to attach to my Darien jacket. To me having a pad to cover my back is a very important feature in a jacket. I think this pad should be included as standard equipment with the jacket as are the elbow and shoulder pads. Designed and fitted for the Darien it is comfortable and hardly noticed. (Posted on 12/20/13)
- TF3 Standard Back PadReview by Bob
- It was a piece of cake to install it in my Darien jacket. At first I could tell it was there. It wasn't uncomfortable, just felt different. Went out for a 300 mile day ride and by the end of the ride I didn't even notice it. I'm happy. (Posted on 12/3/13)
- Back ProtectorReview by Rob
- Securing the pad to the inside of my Darien was easy. Because of the weather I have only been able to wear this a few times. But I already like the feeling of it. The jacket feels more substantial with the pad secured on. First quality product. Rapid delivery. And I trust Aerostich products above most others. A good purchase. (Posted on 2/21/13)
- Surprisingly subtleReview by Doc
- I velcroed this pad into my Darien jacket and I don't even notice it's there. It is much less obtrusive than the built-in pad in my Joe Rocket mesh jacket. (Posted on 10/26/12)
- Great productReview by Bizzthebozz
- Great back protector, fits comfortably in the aerostich suit. Although it is not as protective as a rigid sports back protector it is less bulky, well padded and good for all day use. (Posted on 6/23/12)
Items 1 to 10 of 19 total
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.