This clear pocket attaches with hook & loop to the left leg of all Darien and AD-1 pants and Roadcrafter suits. It's great for holding maps or directions when you're not using a tank bag. Includes adhesive hook & loop for easy installation on other garments or your bike's fuel tank. Standard (8.5"×7.25") holds two open folds of a gas station map, and Narrow (8.5"×6") holds about a side and a half. Narrow is best for small and medium suits/pants.
#143 Narrow 8½” x 6½”
#153 Standard 8½” x 9½”
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (5)
- Gotta Have OneReview by Kurt
- This is my 2nd small map pocket. The first one left my leg somewhere in the lower 48 as seems to be fairly common. Despite the short comings of the design I really missed not having my ready reference pocket. I don't use it for maps so the small one is perfect. Generally I use this to maintain a time sheet for my planned rides so I can quickly identify if I'm ahead or behind schedule. The function is perfect the design could use some work. (Posted on 2/3/14)
- Every Scooter Rider Should Have ThisReview by Keith
- I bought this not knowing how well I could put it on my riding pants. No problem the pocket came with velcro to put on my pants. I ride a Vespa scooter and not having a gas tank to put a tank bag with map sleeve has always been missed. Now all I have to do is look down at my leg and there is the map. I have heard some say the pocket can blow off your leg, Then again the scooter protects your legs from all that blow by wind. I like how you can just flip it over and see more map on the other side and keep on riding. Yes, my Vespa is a touring machine. (Posted on 12/24/13)
- 2nd One's A Charm?Review by Beemster
I had a standard sized one. I wear a 46 Short One Piece 'Stich, and my legs are...chunky. It worked great until... I stuck my leg out at a funky angle into the wind going at an unspecified rate of speed, and weee! The wind gremlins took it.
Cheaper than a GPS, but it will make you paranoid -- "Is it still there? Is it still there?" Lol. (Posted on 4/8/13)
- RubbishReview by Conchscooter
- I bought this with the magnetic fuel tank holder #194. This is the first Aerostich product that has failed completely to work. I have a full windshield but at speeds over 55mph the pocket flies off in the wind. It is too small to hold a full map folded and I have tossed it in a drawer while i figure how to make it earn it's keep. As a dunce cap maybe. (Posted on 7/24/12)
- Get the large oneReview by busboy
- I bought the small one since I have skinny legs. But the small on requires you fold the map smaller and means more layers in the map holder and then I was going to cross the border from Alberta into Montana so I folded two maps so I could just flip the holder over when I crossed the border. I didn't flex the holder enough when I made the flip so some where in the next 100 or so miles (with a strong side wind) I lost the map holder. I still think it was so useful that I'm going to replace the small size with the larger size. (Posted on 10/17/11)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.