Helps to maintain stability and lessens shifting during riding, particularly helpful when riding sport bikes with low bars.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (5)
- Must have for all bagsReview by Mike
Messenger bags are the most convenient way to carry stuff while on the go. They're form fitting, don't interfere with shoulder movement, and can be swung around the body for easy access to it's contents. The problem however is that weight of every object naturally settles at its lowest point. In a messenger bag's case this is usually off the right or left hip (usually from shifting contents or turning). This is unwanted bag movement is corrected by either tightening the strap thereby lessening the bag's mobility or pulling the the strap to relocate the bag to the small of your back which can be annoying or dangerous depending on the situation.
A stabilizer strap is pretty much a standard option on all the major messenger bag manufacturers (Chrome, Timbuk2, SealLine, etc) and for good reason. By creating a 3rd contact point you can now Ron Popeil any bag no mater its contents. Get yours today! (Posted on 11/13/15)
- Who would have thought...Review by Tom
- ....that such a small accessory could be so good? This add-on really makes a huge difference! It adds stability in spades! Have only used it on my Courier Bag on my bicycle. Can't wait to try it on my Dispatch (and on my motorcycles) (Posted on 5/8/14)
- Super stableReview by Keith S.
- The stabilizer was tested on my BMW R1150GS at 100mph and it did not flop around or move around even though it was nearly empty (BTW, I am 5'8” tall, 185lbs with a normal build). (Posted on 7/12/13)
- Super comfortableReview by Keith S.
- The strap pad is awesome! With about 30 lbs of weight in the bag it was not digging into my shoulder at all when I was carrying it around, off the bike, with just a T-shirt on. Amazing! (Posted on 7/12/13)
- I have the large Parcel b...Review by J Hank Murphy
- I have the large Parcel bag and this really helps keep it stable while riding. I think there are two things to consider about this item. First, there is no adjustment for slack in the front of the unit, so the loose end will flap about. Wrapping the excess around the strap seems to eventually work itself loose. Note that the right way to do this is to take up the excess at the bitter end, which can't be done underway. Eventually you can adjust it to your satisfaction, I hope, but it's a nuisance at first. The second issue is that, when released, the strap flops down by your knee. This can be fixed by remembering to hold it, so I think it's just a matter of acclimation, like remembering to unhook your heated gear when getting off the bike. Overall a useful addition, and I would not recommend getting a larger dispatch bag without one. (Posted on 11/8/08)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.