Compared to bungees and nets, straps are more secure because they can be cinched almost completely solid, which prevents loads shifting on washboard gravel or bumpy paved backroads. The 1" quick release Delrin buckle made will handle a minimum of 250 lbs. Similar looking straps sold in camping stores are too short to be useful for packing a bike and the buckles are not-quite-strong-enough. These are over eight feet long (100"), and the webbing has a 1300 lb break strength. (May be cut to shorter lengths and fuse the ends with a cigarette lighter). Sold in sets of 3.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (8)
- Losing old friendsReview by Steve
- I have a set of these straps for years and they are extremely functional. Just returned from a trip from Kansas City to Moab and back and misplaced 2 of the straps. Feeling kind of lost without them, luckily one made it home safely. I have used them for strap downs for several years and several thousand miles. Always stayed where I cinched them down. Somebody between here and there, if you find them, give them a good home. They've treated me well and I will miss them. (Posted on 5/27/15)
- VersatileReview by Michael
- I bought these straps for a specific application. Their length and the quality of the quick releases gave me so many different options for attaching the bag to the bike that I spent a couple hours exploring the possibilities before settling on what I think will be the best use. I have now ridden some really bumpy trails and connected and disconnected the quick releases many times and the straps and snaps continue to work perfectly. (Posted on 5/29/13)
- Quality, reliable, and durable straps.Review by Adventure Biker
- I Just completed an 11 day ride using these to secure my camping gear on my BMW GS Adventure. Never loosened and never had to readjust them. Qaulity straps are important when securing your gear on long rides. Also worked well to bundle and carry fire wood for the campfire! Many uses beyond the biking trip. These straps do NOT stretch, a great value! Highly recommended! (Posted on 10/3/12)
- No BrainerReview by Bojack
Best buy either for a bike, car, pick-up, tractor or for the occasional clasp of books, firewood, tent support..........And the list goes on and on.
Tough Stuff !! (Posted on 8/30/12)
- Manly Tie DownsReview by dvgvonzo
- These are by far the BEST tie down straps avaliable. I like and do use some of the other straps that have bungy or strecth capabilities but that same flex allows them to shift around just a little bit which greatly accelerates wear on the straps as they move about over rough terrain, especially when used on heavier loads. This does not happen at all with the solid nylon straps and heavy duty quick release buckles that are used in construction of this product. (Posted on 3/15/12)
- GREAT PRODUCTReview by Peter Bruce Photo
LOVE these tie down,saved my A___ many times
Cheers Peter (Posted on 8/8/10)
- This is my 'second trip t...Review by Dan Workman
- This is my 'second trip to the well' for these straps, so I feel well qualified to rate them. My original quick release straps are still in use after 5 years and numerous trips (Grand Canyon, and Alaska!). The fact that these come in a long length makes them more useful than the ones offered at many of the outdoor outlets. In short, a great value. (Posted on 7/7/08)
- Great straps. So simple a...Review by Matthew Stauffer
- Great straps. So simple a caveman could use them. I hauled two large boxes stacked on the back of my KLR to the UPS store today with them and they worked great. (Posted on 8/9/07)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.