Some R-3 Light / Roadcrafter Light differences:
- All TF Impact Armor Systems were/are optional on Roadcrafter Light suits. A set of six TF3 Elbow, Shoulder and Knee impact armor pad sets are included as standard with all R-3 Light suits.
- Most Roadcrafter Light's were manufactured in Viet Nam. The R-3 Light suits are manufactured both in Viet Nam and in the United States.
- The six removable impact armor holding pockets used in R-3 Lights are an improved design which is based on the Roadcrafter Light’s removable impact armor holding pockets.
- R-3 Lights use a stronger and more secure type of hook and loop to mount their TF impact armor holding pockets.
- R-3 Lights use a stronger, more reliable and (about 2x) even more water resistant main and right leg zipper than the highly water-resistant zippers which were used in Roadcrafter Lights.
- Numerous other smaller refinements in patterning and sewing techniques also help all R-3 suits provide the utmost in comfort, fit, and performance for the most demanding riders and situations.
Summary: The ‘Original’ Roadcrafter Light design was the basis for all R-3 riding suit designs. When introduced in 2010, Roadcrafter Light's' represented an all-new Roadcrafter type. They are cooler-wearing, much lighter weight and a lot more water-resistant than the Roadcrafter Classic (which was the only other model at that that time). Roadcrafter Light suits were manufactured from 2010-2013, and all of the R-3 versions, including the R-3 Light, were introduced in 2014.