Designed for indoor use and panel mounting, but is easily adaptable to a variety of moto applications. Suction cup on back for easy mounting to any smooth surface. The LCD screen is 1.6”×.6” and the case is about .5” deep. Its stainless steel remote probe is on a 3’ cord. Tenth of a degree accuracy between -58°F and +302°F. Quick interval refreshing display changes from ˚F/˚C with the push of a button. Runs for a long time on an included button battery.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (6)
- ThermometerReview by Eric
- Just what I wanted. Have been used to motorcycles with air temperature displays (BMW's), Have new Honda NC and miss knowing ambient temperature (how else will I know if I'm hot or cold!). This unit fits nicely under instrument cluster and seems quite accurate. (Posted on 6/27/14)
- EXACTLY (period)Review by R1200S
- After a few attempts, this is exactly the thermometer needed. The size is perfect and the numbers fill the screen for easy, glasses off, reading. The activity is hyper, giving the temperature exactly for peaks and valleys. Maybe not waterproof, but the unit can probably be nested safely somewhere with Scotch All Weather Velcro. The probe can be located remotely away from sunlight and heat of motor. (Posted on 12/23/13)
- With Modifications - Great!Review by John P.
- I've one on my bike for about eight years and it still works fine. Getting a replacement while they're still available just in case. There's always a BUT. I used epoxy putty to form a "moulding" around it so I could mount it on my triple clamp using that dual lock velcro (from Aerostich) and it never let me down even in prolonged downpours. Seems to be accurate and battery lasts a good year before digits start to fade. I think serious waterproofing is mandatory. (Posted on 2/4/12)
- Why do I need to know how cold I am?Review by Kaw-liga
I just do. And how hot. This works well but I just installed my second one as the first one wore out after 3.5 years, 55,000 miles. The probe is not stress relieved and movement from vibration and bumps eventually broke the wire. I used some heat shrink tubing to make a stress relief for this one and also devised a better method of mounting. By the way the new version is different, seems LESS water resistant and the probe is longer and more pointed. So far it is working fine. You have to find a place to mount it where it won't be affected by engine heat or sun.
(Posted on 11/4/11)
- Needs Water ProffingReview by 3dogs
- The unit can be sealed with silicone but it stil gets some water inside and does strange things (temp = 400 deg F). Once it dried out it was OK again. Have used it for about 2 years with minor problems. (Posted on 3/11/10)
- Nice little thermometer. ...Review by Doug Crane
- Nice little thermometer. Looks fine on my FJR and gave accurate readings with the probe mounted under the nose fairing (out of the sun), but it is definately NOT water resistant. Mine shorted out on the first rain shower. I gave it ample time to dry out and tried a new battery. No luck. It was dead. But for only $20, I'm getting another and will try sealing it with clear silicone. Running on a watch battery, I don't think it will overheat... (Posted on 6/10/08)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.