This ultralight camp chair is so comfortable it will never be empty long enough to swing in the breeze. Unique two-leg design and double ripstop nylon sling-style seat cradle you about seven inches off the hard ground below. Simple and quick to set-up with super-light, tent-style collapsible aluminum poles. Breaks down easy too, and stores in matching nylon stuff sack. This chair rocks…literally, the dual legs are adorned with non-skid rubber feet that let you kick back and relax in lounger style comfort. 23"×21"×17" (set-up), 12"×4" (collapsed). 1.35 lbs, 250 lb capacity.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (3)
- Light as a ButterflyReview by orflyboy
- Small, light, easy to setup and doesn't require your sleeping pad. What's not to like. And it arrived quickly too! :*) (Posted on 9/5/12)
- Love this chairReview by donnh
- I bought two of these chairs for adventure touring. They are lightweight and pack small, a must have around the campfire. My wife and I used them on a 3 week trip in Moab, many local weekend camping rides and recently 3 weeks in Baja. I always keep them in my panniers for unexpected rest stops. I agree with the previous post about some challenge getting in and out especially after a few drinks..... I will be ordering a third since I lost one on the road to Coco's Corner in Baja, bummer. (Posted on 3/26/12)
- A compromise that worksReview by The Voice of Reason
I searched for years for a chair that packed small enough for hiking but was reasonably comfortable and not too expensive. This chair has balanced those sometimes-conflicting criteria better than anything else I've found. "Balance" is the key word; the chair has only two legs and your own legs provide the stability. One of the pluses of that arrangement is that the chair is a rocker; a minus is that it won't stand on its own, and getting in and out of it is a bit of a skill (but easily acquired).
It sits pretty low, but definitely better than the on-the-ground folded Thermarest type of seating. One benefit of the relatively low seating is that I can use it inside my littlest tent when the mosquitoes are bad.
(Posted on 4/22/10)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
Portable Chairs Are Important
Not as obvious as it might seem. These small chairs are the real key to great camping experiences. Having one along gives you much more than a good spot to park your butt no matter where you are at the end of the day. They really give you a chance to invite yourself to sit around another camper’s fire and share a few stories, gain wisdom and make some new friends. So bring your own chair (and maybe a flask?) and sit down and make some wonderful memories.
Some specifics: The Kermit chair is by far the most comfortable, beautiful type here. Over the past two decades it’s become a genuine made-in-USA American motorcycle camper classic. If you ride a touring bike and have the space, it’s still the bomb, but at five pounds it’s a bit heavy and bulky for adventurous dual-sport and sport bike rides. Of the others, I like the Mantis best. It’s nearly as comfortable as the Kermit but packs much smaller and only weighs a pound and a half. It also sets up and takes down slightly faster and easier. And for extreme ultra-light and super-compact packing, any of the others make great choices, too. Just bring one.