Changing the oil in your scoot is faster and neater with this low profile oil drain pan-container combo. Ultra low profile slides under the bike and the extra large, no-splash funnel screws into the neck during use and then snaps into the side of the rugged, recycled polyethylene body for storage. When the job is finished this lets you tidily drop your bike’s used oil at any dealer, garage or service station for recycling. Good clean fun. Available in 7qt (6L) or 12.5qt (12L) sizes.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (2)
- Just right for me!Review by Ben
- This pan works great for changing the oil in my Versys 650. I like the fact that the oil flows through the funnel attachment and into the storage container. This method means that the only part of the container that gets messy is the funnel, which can be easily cleaned and snapped into the container for storage.I do not have a garage and store everything in a utility closet. If the snow gets too deep, I park my bike in my foyer:) I had plenty of clearance getting this under my Versys, but if you have very limited ground clearance it may not work. It is perfect for me. It allows me to change the oil without making a mess and it allows me to store my used oil (cleanly) until I get around to taking it to my local parts store. I highly recommend. (Posted on 4/13/16)
- DisappointedReview by Kevin
I needed a low profile pan so I got the small 7qt drain pan to get under one of my lower bikes. Looked like a pretty straight forward but when it arrived, I was disappointed.
In the photos it looks like you could drain the oil right through the large yellow funnel and into the container. That is actually just a storage slot for the yellow funnel and there is no drain hole to use it in that position. To use it, you detach the funnel and screw it onto the drain spout near the handle. This adds a few inches to the total "usable" height so it is actually the same height as my regular tub I bought from the auto parts store.
There is a guard to keep parts from falling in but it is plenty big to drop a drain plug through so not sure the point.
It also has a small lip (~1-2mm) in the casting on the inner portion of the yellow funnel so a small bit of oil can't drain back into the tub. You have to wipe it up or it drips onto the floor when you pick it the container.
One good thing is with the funnel attached, you can have the drain area right up against an obstacle. My Concours has a drain plug near the center stand so that might come in handy.
I'm sure it could work fine as a drain pan but it's not really an "ultra low profile" pan as described. Not really worth sending back but I wouldn't buy it again. If you need something low profile, you're better off just buying a cheap $5 open pan and draining that into a regular spent oil container for transport. (Posted on 6/2/15)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.