Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (3)
- Great Riding PantsReview by Tom Rigsby
- I already own a two piece Roadcrafter and wanted a less bulky pair of Gore-Tex pants to wear with the RC jacket. Considered the AD-1s but wasn't interested in the full length zippers and other features. I much prefer the simplicity of the Utility pants. As the advertising copy says, they fit like jeans. I've found them to be a wonderful companion to my RC jacket. And, I like the fact that they are Made In The USA! (Posted on 11/2/16)
- First ImpressionsReview by David
First impression and comparison to Dariens: These are no non-sense 3-4 season riding pants and so far I am very happy with them. They fit great and in fact are cut and ride like jeans as advertised. I tried Dariens and they just didn’t work for me, too baggy and high waisted. The Dariens are also more of an overpant, but these Utility pants are ideal to wear against the skin, running shorts, or over a medium weight base-layer in winter.
Sizing: I wear a 32x32 in Levis so I ordered the 32 Long and the fit is excellent. I had to shift the knee pads down about an inch and a half so they would cradle my knee caps. I upgraded with the TF3 hip pads and still the fit is excellent. The length is fine as they only ride up about 2 inches on my boots when seated in the saddle. Still plenty of coverage over the top of my boots so no issues with water getting in during a rain storm. If you have a long inseam you might consider having them lengthened when ordering.
Construction: They look tough as nails, but only time will tell how they hold up. They don’t come with a belt like Dariens, so I ordered the Aerostich deluxe belt and it works just fine.
Combined with my Darien jacket, I feel well protected and am looking forward to putting some miles on this gear. (Posted on 5/7/16)
- AD1s for CheapskatesReview by Mark
- These pants pack a lot of functionality into a moderately-priced package. Have yet to run through rain with them, or subject them to an unplanned get-off, but I see no reason not to expect great protection in either scenario. They're comfortable on the bike (a V-Strom) and not too cumbersome to walk in. This morning, however, I wished I'd ponied up the additional money for a pair of AD1s with side-zips when I couldn't snake my dress shoe-shod foot down the leg... (Posted on 2/13/14)