Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (5)
- Great pantsReview by Curtis
- Just returned from a 2 day coastal ride and these pants were great. The fit is excellent, they fit just like a pair of 501's and are the same waist measurement making sizing easy. I could just never get comfortable with the racer leather pants or the funky baggy icon style moto pants. Functionally these pants were great as well. Temps ranged from 60 to 90 degrees F and was never uncomfortable, was a little warm at 90 but was fine as I was always moving. Took a couple of try's to get the knee pads situated just right but they are easy to adjust and it just took a couple of minutes. Bottom line, these pants won't disappoint. (Posted on 8/4/14)
- Just right for sport touringReview by Jeff
- Purchased for a two week, 4600 mile tour of CO, WY UT, MT and NE riding to and from northern Indiana on a K1600GTL and wore them every riding day. Very comfortable and I like not having to stop to put on rain gear. Paired them with my Darien Light jacket and was never wet even in monsoon like conditions. Not sure about taking out the knee armour and using like a pair of jeans as they can be a bit steamy in very hot weather. Would suggest wearing suspenders. Aerostich is the best and I have tried numerous competitors' products, but none can beat the comfort, protection and waterproof ability of my Aerostich riding gear. (Posted on 8/1/14)
- Comfortable Riding PantsReview by John
- I've worn the lightweight utility pants on a couple of North Carolina cool weather rides (December/January), and they have felt great on both the K1600GT and the Diavel. I tend to wear Kevlar-lined jeans a lot for day rides of 200-300 miles, but the comfortable fit and weather protection of Goretex make these pants the obvious choice for most rides. (Posted on 1/3/14)
- Good California weightReview by Gene
After emailing Customer Service regarding sizing, I purchased a pair of Light Weight Utility Pants in size 38 long. They come with a 34.5" inseam, which will be just fine for me.
My intention is to wear these pants any time of the year that it's too cold to wear mesh pants. Most of the time I will be wearing them over underwear only, with the occasional use of a pair of light fleece pants or long johns.
As advertised, the pants fit like jeans. They are very comfortable, even right out of the box. I can't wait for the stiffness to wear off! Right now they are quite noisy to walk in.
I have two minor nits to pick. First, it's a struggle to get my Aerostich Last Chance Totally Serious Belt through the belt loops. Second, though I'm not a very "hippy" guy (read not much butt), the pants are a tad tight with a pair of Aerostich hip pads installed. It's not quite so tight a fit that I want to trade for a larger pair, but they do make a difference in the saddle. We'll see.
I haven't put a lot of miles on these pants yet, but I like what I've seen so far. (Posted on 12/10/13)
- Utility pantsReview by Kenny
I've been ridding in a pair of BMW Summer pants pretty much year around for the past two plus years. I've told myself they'd be the perfect riding pants if only they were waterproof and had a gusseted crotch. Well, it seems Andy and the fine folks in Duluth heard my call and introduced their AD1 lightweight utility pants.
These pants seemed to meet all my requirements; I wanted a pair of riding pants that are light enough for the hot Texas summers but still loose enough for layering in the brutal Texas winter (insert sarcastic smile here). After speaking to the folks at Riders Warehouse I ordered the same waist size as my jeans. I went with the R length, a bit long off the bike, I have a 30" inseam, but just right when riding. Please note that I'm not using these as over-pants; I bought these to wear as riding pants with just enough room for fleece pants when it gets too cool.
As luck would have it I received these the day before I left for a trip to Knoxville. Riding in temperatures ranging from 61 to 97, I put in a total of 2175 miles in 4 days of riding. As a matter of reference I was riding a R12GS, so airflow was hindered only by the stock windscreen and rain protection was pretty much nil...
The pants were comfortable and kept me dry during a 30 minute Smokey Mountain down pour. The best endorsement I can give these pants is that once on the bike I didn't give them a second thought. Plain and simple, they were comfortable.
I don't know about the claim of using them as street pants off the bike, even with the armor removed the knees are just to bulbous for my taste. But that said I bought them to ride in, not as evening wear...
Coupled with my Darien jacket I'm feel I'm set for just about anything Mother Nature can dish out. As a bonus I can use the space previously reserved for rain pants for something more, ah... stimulating. (Posted on 6/25/13)