Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (18)
Items 11 to 18 of 18 total
- Works Awesome!Review by Matt
- Just put on the Snider's Paint Guard and it was exactly what I wanted! The stuff was a little tricky to get cut to the shape I wanted but it is a weird KLR tank. For the money and the fact that it is re-usable...complete thumbs up. Only time will tell how it stands up but so far it is a nice product.... (Posted on 9/5/11)
- Works terrific...Review by Diavelo
- You must be patient enough to cut the appropriate size and shape pieces, but once installed Snider's Paint Guard is terrific. I even used it to protect my taillight lenses from flapping luggage straps. Recommended... (Posted on 7/28/11)
- Worked greatReview by NewWorldMan
- I tried the tankslapper kit but putting a big piece was too hard with all the contours. This kit worked great as I covered the area that needed it most with a piece that I cut myself. Little bit of water and used an ID card to smooth bubbles out. Simple as that.. took about 10 minutes total. I think it will hold up well. (Posted on 6/5/11)
- Works greatReview by Alan Beck
- These did a fantastic job of protecting the tank of my Concours from my knees and tank bag straps. I never had a problem with them coming off unless I wanted them too, and it is great that they are indefinitely reusable. I eventualy removed them because, well, it's a Concours for crying out loud. (Posted on 1/15/11)
- Hard to get "perfect," easy-to-get protection.Review by Geekonabike
- I concur with previous reviewers. I was a bit frustrated I couldn't get one big piece to cover my side panels flawlessly, but in pieces (some quite small to fill gaps) I covered everything I needed to, and it stayed on fine. I needed it because my tail bag had built-in bungee cords, which rubbed hard on my side covers. With the sheets, there was zero wear after over 2000 miles. Otherwise, I have no doubt they would have worn right through my paint on my V-Strom. I have to order more because I can't find my old sheets, which I peeled off after my long trip. Oh well. (Posted on 5/22/10)
- Low Cost InsuranceReview by Robert
- This product is easy to apply and definitely saves your tank finish from those nasty scratches. (Posted on 1/10/10)
- The film is nice and thic...Review by Greg Bender
The film is nice and thick and does a good job of protecting the paint. Applying the film is simple and straightforward...although it does take a bit of time to get the shape just right.
It is easy to apply to simple curves. But compound curves - those that curve in more than one direction - are not so easy. The thickness is good because it really protects. But, it also prevents the film from being stretched to conform to compound shapes. Nevertheless, I was able to make it work by applying more than one piece. Once in place, the wind does not seem to bother it.
I am quite pleased with this product and will use it on all of my tanks *before* attaching any tank bag. (Posted on 12/20/08)
- This stuff is a cosmetic ...Review by Carl Kriesant
This stuff is a cosmetic savior! I was using a tank bag without knowing it was scuffing the paint till the first time I took it off. So much for the paint on my new bike, what a bummer....
I remembered this product while browsing another time and ordered it immediately. Arrived shortly after and installed it that day.
It's super easy put on, only requires water. It peels right off too and is completely reusable. It is a little difficult when dealing with compound curves, but you can cut it up to fit virtually any shape. When installed its virtually invisible until the vinyl scuffs, but better the vinyl than my tank.
I like this stuff so much I put it under my seat to protect the rear fender as well. It's very versatile, strong and totally wind-proof.
It can be used for other applications as well. We put it under my friend's roof rack on his car and it keeps his roof from getting scuffed up by the mounts. genius! (Posted on 9/9/08)
Items 11 to 18 of 18 total