Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (14)
Items 1 to 10 of 14 total
- Aerostich Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
Weighing the negative comments below against the many hundreds of these we've sold caused us to contact the manufacturer (including a link to comments on this page) with concerns. They advised us:
"…we had a problem with a bad batch of dial thermometers in early 2014." and "…after we discovered this, we had those thermometers remade, and now all we have in stock have better accuracy."
Our speculation, based only on these comments and experiences with some of our own Asian source supply chains is that there also probably have been a few limited or periodic QC issues off-and-on during the years before 2014. We have sold a few thousand of these altogether, over a twenty + year span, so maybe the actual number of inaccurate models was not large(?).
If you order and get one that reads 'off' by more than a few degrees, please give us a call and we'll be glad to send you another one at no charge. The best way to check is indoors, out of direct sunlight, noting the temperature indicated and comparing this against the ambient temperature displayed by room thermostat. Exposure to direct sunlight as on a handlebar will cause the reading to be off. (Posted on 12/28/15)
- Save Your MoneyReview by MIchael
- Too small to read and off by 20 degrees (Posted on 5/31/13)
- Waste of MoneyReview by MIchael
- It came stuck with N pointing S (Posted on 5/31/13)
- Waste of moneyReview by Steve
- Dont waste your money. You can't read the temps while ridding plus if you could they would be about 20 degrees higher than it should be. Totally useless. (Posted on 5/9/12)
- Fairly uselessReview by Highgear
- bought it as a last minute stocking stuffer for myself. I didn't realize it was going to be so small and nearly impossible to read while riding (guess I should have assumed that given the price). Temps seem to be fairly accurate so far but it doesn't really matter if you can't read it. (Posted on 1/5/12)
- ShortlivedReview by Doug
- Developed bubbles after a month, can no longer be read. (Posted on 12/15/11)
- Please do not buy!Review by rockerc
- Absolutely useless! I wish I had read the reviews before buying. According to it, it is 135 F this morning in AZ. Actually it is a balmy 75 F. I am going to go and hit it with a hammer, hard, because that will at least give me a little satisfaction. (Posted on 10/20/11)
- SucksReview by jdub
- Not impressed at all, very inaccurate. Reads 10 to 20 degrees above the ampbient temperature. When mounted on the handlebar, normally always out in the sun so it can read very high. On a 90 degree it was pinned above 140. Doesn't do much good to keep it in a compartment, how often are you really going to take it out to look at it. My suggestion, just drive by a bank... (Posted on 7/28/11)
- I purchased all 3 of thes...Review by Monte Vanover
- I purchased all 3 of these. Only the clock works. The thermometer is off 10 drgrees and the compass always points North. (Posted on 4/25/09)
- Nice design but terribly ...Review by Ben Friedman
- Nice design but terribly inaccurate. Today, it read 20 degrees farentheit too high. (Posted on 4/7/09)
Items 1 to 10 of 14 total