Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (46)
- Good pump but needs some protection...Review by DRTBYK
I've had a number of small pumps over the years and most of them work OK but each one of them has it flaws. This pump has been durable (although I did disassemble and locktite all screws) and I do like the cam-lock on the Schrader connector. Much better design than the thread-clip that most of these little guys have.
The one thing I do think needs some attention is the solder terminals on the motor. These are exposed and can easily short out on the bike frame, etc. I just carefully dipped mine in some Vinyl Coat, making sure not to get any in the motor. No more sparks! (Posted on 4/24/13)
- Aerostich Mini compressorReview by Kenneth
Item arrived quickly and well packaged.
Powered up and appears to run properly. Have not tested on tire inflation yet. Beemer is tucked away for the Michigan winter. Will test in the spring when bringing air pressure up to spec's. (Posted on 1/10/13)
- the switch!Review by franken beemer
- I read reviews......decide to get the pump but resolve to use the hell out of it before taking it on the road. Sure nuff the switch acts up while filling up wife's car tire. The little booger won't keep working unless it's twisted in the right angle ,then it starts smoking! So after taking it apart I realize there is nothing too complicated here, just reset the cord in it's place out and retighten! Now it's working and will continue to be abused until the snow cover recedes....and the riding season begins! (Posted on 1/7/13)
- Didn't work when I needed itReview by George
- Bought this as a backup a few years ago. Needed it badly 2 weeks ago and it didn't work! REALLY DISAPPOINTED. (Posted on 9/5/12)
- aerostich mini compressor Review by kiko
- The Aerostitch Mini Compressor has a problem with coming apart while traveling.. The screws that hold the motor to the pump back out and when you need it you're looking for the two tiny screws. The threads on mine are shot so will need some redneck engineering. Except for getting only four trips out it I would say it is a fine little pump. (Posted on 8/6/12)
- The Little Mini Compressor that couldReview by Mike
- Nice little compressor, worked great. Hauled to Prudhoe Bay and back from Oklahoma and only needed it to adjust pressures. Fortunately I didn't have a major tire repair to have to put it thru a long hard pumping session. I plugged it into my power plug (cigarette lighter style) on my Super Tenere and it pulled enough amps to blow the 2 amp fuse. So I popped off the side panel and clipped directly on the battery terminals. Funny, every time I pulled it out, my other 2 companions on Tenere's pulled their bikes over to check and adjust their tire pressures too. Why not? They even used my tire gauge too. Glad to help guys. It was small and topped off a tire quickly. I like the compact size and yes, it does get hot when in use. So let it cool before repacking or handle by the carabiner. The included carrying case and wiring options provided were handy. The compressor did the job, was small and compact and was a resonable price, win win. If it says Aerostitch on it you can count on it. (Posted on 7/30/12)
- If You Have a BMW...Review by BPS
Several years ago I bought a Cycle Pump. It worked great when first used, then never worked again. Sent it back to the supplier to get it fixed and have it upgraded to the most recent model. Was charged 80 bucks and told there was nothing wrong with it. That may have been true if the function of the upgrade was to suck air OUT of the tire, which it did, very well.
Just replaced it with the Aerostich pump and have used it once. Worked flawlessly and conveniently when connected to the aftermarket fused accessory outlet, but blew the breaker twice when attempting to power it through the original equipment outlet that is connected to BMW's mysterious CANBUS. (Posted on 5/25/12)
- Aerostich Mini CompressorReview by Steve
- The unit seems robust and I expect to get good use out of it. I've tested it on my bike tyres and I was happy with performance. I was pleased to see a selection of powercords to cater for various types of connections to be included. The power switch does look a little flimsy, a point that is discussed in some online reviews, however, so far it works fine. The online purchase and delivery was very easy and quick, many Australian companies still struggle with online business. My friends have generally been impressed with the product too. Being half the price of cyclepump and smaller it does seem like a better buy. (Posted on 5/21/12)
- Never workedReview by Froghog
- Granted I had the little pump for about a year and a half before I needed it and then when I went to use it , it pumped a few times and then seized-up. Never to pump again! (Posted on 4/1/12)
- mini compressorReview by harvey
- This is a great little pump, it works and packs well. A must have for the traveler. (Posted on 3/28/12)