Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (83)
- Ear CannonReview by Mike
- Have had one of these on my '94 dresser for many years and love it. Just sold two to friends who just had to have one. (Posted on 10/3/15)
- A real horn. Finally!Review by Leroy
- I was frustrated and embarrassed with the OEM horn on my brand new BMW. Worthless. Opted for the Ear Cannon Air Horn. Works as advertised. To my surprise, I had to use it on my first ride. Some Bozo, not paying attention, was pushing me off road. Nevertheless, the cager was instantly startled out of his deep sleep and gave me a wide berth until we parted ways. Which I made sure was rather quickly… I love it when things work! (Posted on 5/27/15)
- NOT impressedReview by Ross
- I wasn't impressed with mine - maybe I got a bad one. All I know is that it wasn't noticeably louder than the stock beeper. I wasn't too broken-hearted when I found out that it fell off the bike somewhere between town and home. (Posted on 3/19/15)
- Bad A** HornReview by RawFlyer
Sweet!! I finally got around to installing this thing on my R1200GSA LC... For a clean install I took some of the plastic down and actually replaced the original horn.. no splicing, I ordered a pigtail that fits right into the original horn wiring and made a clean mess of the wires. (part is called Horn wiring kit for BMW bikes with Can-Bus wiring from Nippy Normans.com) I also separated the compressor from the horn it's self and was able to mount the compressor with a home made bracket to the original horn mount, the horn it's self snaps right onto the front suspension remote reservoir or one of the down tubes (if you're not worried about clearance). With all the plastic back on the bike, no one will know.... until their ears hear the train that is me bearing down on them!!
Wiring on the BMW R1200GSA LC is as such:
Relay terminal 87 to + on compressor
Relay terminal 85 to Brown OEM horn lead
Relay terminal 86 to Green OEM horn lead
Relay terminal 30 to + on battery
Recommended -- Yes (Posted on 7/29/14)
- Ear Canon is like a big gunReview by Tim
Great, loud horn. I ride a vintage Kawasaki that does not have loud pipes. Since a large percentage of MC accidents happen at intersections I cover the horn button when approaching. I have had to warn a couple to see the invisible - a bike headed their way.
It does not work when the bike has been sitting. I think it must draw enough more amps that the bike needs to be running and the battery fully charged. (Posted on 6/28/14)
- stebel hornReview by mark
- like most everyone else, I found this thing to be VERY LOUD! a great safety device on a bike, I've already scared the hell out of 2 braindead wandering cagers in the 1st week. easy to install with the wiring kit. I also bought one of these horns for my car and it's just as effective. well worth the money. (Posted on 6/4/14)
- Aerostich Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
- Instructions and owners guides for many products can be downloaded from the Aerostich website at: www.aerostich.com/catalog-pdfs - the horn instructions can be directly found at this link: http://tank.aerostich.com/pdf/prod_guides/3830_3831_3837_Horns_rev0608.pdf (Posted on 6/2/14)
- Ear Cannon is loud - I thinkReview by Jon
- I think it is -- the last one I bought and installed sure was. So when my wife got a new car with a horn about as loud as a mouse's whisper I ordered this Cannon. Pleased as punch I was the day that I came up with an excuse for her to take my truck and leave the car with me, at the house, so I could install the horn when she wasn't around to ask what I was doing. But when I opened the package I found the horn, the wires and relay -- but no instructions. I can figure out the horn's + and - , but how about helping with a "pin-out" of the relay so I'd know which wire goes where? If it's in the package - it's well-hidden. Her car is still mewling and whispering but certainly not startling any but the most timid. What do I need to do to be told which goes where? Thanks. (Posted on 5/28/14)
- Nice HornReview by Jeremy
- Easy to hook up - very loud (Posted on 5/28/14)
- Loud hornReview by joseph
- Excellent and loud!!! Have it on my bmw gs adventure. Rain and heat have been no problem. Made my own bracket to mount on engine guard. (Posted on 10/3/13)