Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (87)
- Chrome Horn-Chrome Flakes OffReview by Bill
- I purchased a chrome Air Cannon in 2012 and installed on 2010 Harley Ultra Classic. It kept blowing a fuse. I finally installed a fuse terminal block and no more problems. I bought a 2014 Harley Limited and moved the horn to this bike. Unfortunately, the chrome flakes off and started looking bad. So, I bought the black version. Installation is very easy and looks good. This new horn doesn't seem as loud as the old one but is much louder than stock. When I get a minute, I will use my DB meter and chech sound level. (Posted on 4/24/16)
- Awesome!! So loudReview by Brian
- This horn is awesome. Don't think twice about getting it. I have a 2012 r1200gs and you can kinda get it tucked in where the old horn was with some maneuvering. I'll update as time goes on and in addition to the screws, I added a few zip ties. It's loud. I love it (Posted on 12/27/15)
- Hello .. is it me your looking forReview by DucDucGuzzi
mounted on a Vespa 300 I can wake up any soccer mom in a Lexus. this really makes you known when they are texting on the road.
Loud enough to get a half a peace sign wave too. (Posted on 12/13/15)
- Not reliable unless kept dry.Review by Mark
- I installed one of these on my 2012 Ducati Multistrada S. Unfortunately, the only place I found to mount it was where the charcoal canister used to be, which unfortunately exposes the horn to spray from the front wheel while riding. First time out, rode in rain for 500 Miles. Horn was dead and still is so it went into the trash. I think if you can mount it where it won't get wet, then it will do ok. It is certainly very loud as advertised. For me, it was a waste of money. I do not recommend this product. (Posted on 11/10/15)
- Ear CannonReview by Mike
- Have had one of these on my '94 dresser for many years and love it. Just sold two to friends who just had to have one. (Posted on 10/3/15)
- A real horn. Finally!Review by Leroy
- I was frustrated and embarrassed with the OEM horn on my brand new BMW. Worthless. Opted for the Ear Cannon Air Horn. Works as advertised. To my surprise, I had to use it on my first ride. Some Bozo, not paying attention, was pushing me off road. Nevertheless, the cager was instantly startled out of his deep sleep and gave me a wide berth until we parted ways. Which I made sure was rather quickly… I love it when things work! (Posted on 5/27/15)
- NOT impressedReview by Ross
- I wasn't impressed with mine - maybe I got a bad one. All I know is that it wasn't noticeably louder than the stock beeper. I wasn't too broken-hearted when I found out that it fell off the bike somewhere between town and home. (Posted on 3/19/15)
- Bad A** HornReview by RawFlyer
Sweet!! I finally got around to installing this thing on my R1200GSA LC... For a clean install I took some of the plastic down and actually replaced the original horn.. no splicing, I ordered a pigtail that fits right into the original horn wiring and made a clean mess of the wires. (part is called Horn wiring kit for BMW bikes with Can-Bus wiring from Nippy Normans.com) I also separated the compressor from the horn it's self and was able to mount the compressor with a home made bracket to the original horn mount, the horn it's self snaps right onto the front suspension remote reservoir or one of the down tubes (if you're not worried about clearance). With all the plastic back on the bike, no one will know.... until their ears hear the train that is me bearing down on them!!
Wiring on the BMW R1200GSA LC is as such:
Relay terminal 87 to + on compressor
Relay terminal 85 to Brown OEM horn lead
Relay terminal 86 to Green OEM horn lead
Relay terminal 30 to + on battery
Recommended -- Yes (Posted on 7/29/14)
- Ear Canon is like a big gunReview by Tim
Great, loud horn. I ride a vintage Kawasaki that does not have loud pipes. Since a large percentage of MC accidents happen at intersections I cover the horn button when approaching. I have had to warn a couple to see the invisible - a bike headed their way.
It does not work when the bike has been sitting. I think it must draw enough more amps that the bike needs to be running and the battery fully charged. (Posted on 6/28/14)
- stebel hornReview by mark
- like most everyone else, I found this thing to be VERY LOUD! a great safety device on a bike, I've already scared the hell out of 2 braindead wandering cagers in the 1st week. easy to install with the wiring kit. I also bought one of these horns for my car and it's just as effective. well worth the money. (Posted on 6/4/14)