Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (86)
- Look out cages!Review by Tom
- I just replaced my 7 year old air horn on my Harley with a new Ear Cannon. It is not only louder than my old air horn, it was a third of the price. Easy install. Great Horn! (Posted on 2/15/13)
- Absolutely amazing!Review by weeeezzll
I had this on back order for months, and i'm glad I didn't give up on it. Stebel finally got things worked out and started shipping them again and I finally got mine in January 2013.
I was able to securely mount mine to the existing horn bracket on my 2005 ZX-6R which was surprising. I thought for sure I would have to bury it under a fairing and fabricate a bracket for it. It was a tight fit though, and when the wheel is at full turn to the right, it does touch ever so slightly but not enough to cause the horn to move. But since the stock horn bracket has a bushing to allow some flex even it if touched it wouldn't be a problem. I did need to add a single bolt through the top hole of the mount part of the horn to help lock in the screw that is included and ensure that it didn't come off.
I ride my bike hard in the curves, do wheelies and even like to catch some air over the railroad tracks by my house. I haven't had a single problem with it...and even the most distracted driver hears me now. The other day at the train crossing after the train honked, I laid on the horn button and it was loud enough to get the conductor to stick his head out and look to see where it was coming from. I did it again and his head was quickly replaced by a thumbs up...
Of all of the various upgrades on my bike this is hand down my favorite. I'll be putting one on every vehicle I own from now on... (Posted on 1/28/13)
- Probably saved my life yesterdayReview by Dave
Yesterday I was following a slow tourist for quite a few miles on a winding mountain road. . .with no place to pass safely. When I finally rounded a curve and saw dotted line ahead. . . I headed for daylight. . . and the tourist abruptly TURNED LEFT RIGHT INTO ME without checking her mirror or signaling. But my thumb sits on the horn button now, WHENEVER I pass, ever since installing this monster. I ABSOLUTELY BLASTED HER just in time, and she SWERVED back into her own lane.. from the look on her face I think she may have swallowed her teeth. But I'M ALIVE thanks to this EXTREMELY LOUD HORN.
Get one. Unlike OEM horns, it GETS RESULTS. Good product, easy install IF you can find a spot to hang it, may save your life some day. I have them on both my BMW's and will put one on my son's Wee an as soon as I can figure out where to hang the beast (they're large). Use sparingly. (Forgive all the CAPS, but YOU'LL UNDERSTAND IF YOU TRY ONE OF THESE). (Posted on 8/21/12)
- Amazing Horn Mounted on Burgman AN 400Review by aBIZinaBOZ
- This horn is nothing short of STUNNING....it has the ability to blast a cretin that is texting or putting on make up into the next century!!.....and it may save your life.....I came up with a very unique mounting system....custom machined a bracket...got a bunch of fancy stainless steel socket head cap screws....drilled holes in my Givi windscreen and mounted the horn to the front. At that level and not buried in the guts of the bike it sounds like a freight train!! (Posted on 8/4/12)
- Awesome Air HornsReview by Mike
If you are a shy, quiet person, don't buy this. If you want to scare the $#%& out of some who is about to drive you into an accident, GET IT NOW! This is the best accesory a motorcyclist can add to a bike. I'm getting one for my other 2 bikes and my Z71 truck. I may even put one on my wife's Tahoe.
These are freaking LOUD and worth every dB and penny. Other riders love it and want to know where to get one. Did I mention they are FREAKING LOUD? I rode over 10,000 miles (not K's, miles) to Alaska and back from Oklahoma and will never leave home without one again. I would even caution riders to use them selectively. Sometimes it might do more damage than good. An quick easy little "Toot-Toot" is all that's needed. A long hold on the horn button will send residents in Oklahoma scurrying for storm shelters. The quick connect kit made installation a breeze and it is big enough that finding a mounting location on some bikes may be an issue. You cannot mount it on the flimsy OEM stamped bracket on most bikes.
Again this is a loud attention getting noise maker and discretion when to use is required. You will force unattentive drivers in the ditch, but isn't that why we buy them in the first place?
Quality piece at a reasonable price. And it Areostitch sells them, you know they are a good product. (Posted on 7/30/12)
- Ear CannonReview by BK in Tucson, AZ
Good horn, loud; to the point it makes the dog cry.
A little bulky so make sure your have room to install. Mine is a 2011 Vulcan Voyager.
Installation is easy but recommend you also purchase the Plug-n-Play Wiring Harness; definitely worth the $10 extra. (Posted on 6/22/12)
- Once you hear it you’ll buy itReview by Doug
- I had the ear cannon installed on my Royal Enfield and loved it. A couple quick taps and you get sort of a “meep meep” to let them know the light has changed. Hold the button down and you get a blast that screams “Are you an idiot?!” I sold the Enfield and had been riding my new Honda with the stock horn for a few months. I had a very close call today putting me right between a car moving to the fast lane and the center concrete divider. The stock horn meekly cried out “Please don’t hurt me.” That isn’t what I wanted to say. I ordered a new horn today. (Posted on 6/8/12)
- OutstandingReview by Diggs6956
- What an outstanding product. This horn definitely exceeded my expectations. (Posted on 4/19/12)
- Ear CannonReview by Steel Face
- It is a sure thing that many people will like a product that has the word "Cannon" in the title! This spiffy little gadget has saved my life at least once to date! Keep them pesky cagers alert this awesome little horn. When you buy this horn tell em Steel Face sent ya! (Posted on 4/3/12)
- Great InvestmentReview by Rob
- Installation was relatively easy (especially with the added wiring harness). The Ear Cannon hides nicely on my Vulcan 900 Custom, and the improvement over stock is remarkable for the unit's size and price. This is one of the best safety investments you can make on a bike. (Posted on 4/2/12)