Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (89)
- Easily installed on a Triumph SprintReview by Shredne
- The instructions were helpful, but ultimately I just grabbed my voltmeter and did some testing. I really just pulled out the old horns, (one was not functioning, and the other was just as useless), and plugged in my new Ear Cannon. It works great! (Posted on 10/28/11)
- Great ProductReview by Greysnake
- The horn along with the wiring harness was an easy install. The one drawback was the horn not having some kind of bracket available for mounting. Still it works great and sure makes the stock horns sound like bicycle horns. (Posted on 9/28/11)
- Easy installation on a Vulcan ClassicReview by Kawie
- I installed the Ear Cannon onto my 07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic and it couldn't be easier. I simply removed the stock horn including the rubber grommets, used the existing bracket by simply flipping it so that it brings the Ear Cannon away from the cylinder fins and even mounted it vertically as recommended. The optional complete wiring kit made it even easier, just plug and play and voila, riding confidence . I only wish it came in ALL black so that it blends in with the rest of the bike and disappears. So happy knowing it is there when necessary. Of course we shouldn't be lulled into a false sense of security that blasting it will assure safety, we riders should still keep our heads above our shoulders. Thanks Aerostich, so happy with it I gifted my riding buddy and brother with another set. (Posted on 9/10/11)
- A must have for safetyReview by RGBCMYK
- Installed this horn on my beemer which arrived from the mfgr with a wimpy beep-beep type horn. After few rides on busy roads where vacation traffic was at full swing and aiming to drive motorcyclists off the the road I decided to get the Nautilus. Got a tip from my mechanic that Aerostitch has them and the required harness and after a quick comparison with other sites the offer here was comparable, phone support was very helpful, and delivery was on time. Now I'm safer and cant be ignored on the road. (Posted on 9/9/11)
- K1600GLT MountReview by Phillip
- The Cannon was compact enough to mount where the meep-meep horn was, on the same bracket, though I had to reshape the bracket a lot. It's all I hoped for in a loud, properly pitched (to carry) klaxon. Just a tap on the horn button will make a sound small enough for a friend. If i lean on it everybody in my little town can probably hear it. I used the plug-and-play harness to wire it to the battery, since it kept blowing the breaker without the relay. Piece of cake! (Posted on 8/15/11)
- Great product and serviceReview by Acadia
Customer service and shipping were great, very quick. When I opened the box I couldn't wait to hear it so I hooked up my 3amp battery charger to the horn, I didn't think it was that loud, even in my shop. But I knew that the little charger didn't have much power, so I still had hope.
Mounting the horn to my ST1100 wasn't too bad, secured it to the fairing support so it's just inside the lip of the fairing next to the fork. That should keep it out of direct weather.
The plug and play kit made wiring a snap.
Hit the horn button and WOW, I was impressed. Much louder than on the charger.
Took the bike for a ride and with the bike running the horn seemed louder still.
Got to give it a real world test while riding with my wife through a tourist town in NH. A Volvo wagon started to make a left in front of me, I hit the horn and that Volvo stopped so quick the family inside all lunged forward and I saw stuff inside flying forward. As I rode past them I could hear the wife yelling at her husband. My wife leaned over my shoullder and said she really liked that horn and laughed. Thanks again. (Posted on 8/1/11)
- Must Do Mod'sReview by lam
- This was some of the best spending I've ever done. I bought and installed this last summer and it's saved my life several times since then. Then there's the entertainment factor. My mechanic uses it to haze the new service managers. He has everyone put their earplugs in, then he has the manager bring the bike into the shop and says "Oh, by the way have you heard the horn?". (Posted on 7/28/11)
- wowReview by billpebbs
so i ordered this horn Monday paid for 3 day delivery and got it Wednesday. THAT is service!
So as far as the horn goes, hooked it up to my existing horn wiring and blew the fuse. I used the plug and play harness to wire the horn without any issues.The horn is .... intense.You have to mount it a certain way but that wasnt that hard.The mounting bolt and nut included kinda helped. I have an 03 Areo 750 the horn nut is welded to the bracket backing so I had to screw in the bolt most of the way,then get the bracket on the horn to slip down at an angle (tightly) then 1/4 turn the horn into place. It is on there!!!!! Im sure I could have mounted it to the lay down bar or somewhere else but i wanted to keep it in the same spot. All in all you have to have some kinda mechanical ability to do this, but you dont have to be an engineer. I found out about this horn while at a local shop having my tire replaced. The guy paid over $250 for the horn and install. This is a DIY job (Posted on 4/28/11)
- Great/Shitty hornReview by Lorenzo
- I have put about 5 of these horns on my Harleys over the last 150,000 miles. They are great horns but they don't hold up. They average about a year and half in my experience. I am about to buy another one because when they are working, they are the loudest horn for they money I have ever heard. (Posted on 3/27/11)
- good productReview by Kyle
- if you don't mind size and weight it is a great product hard to mount but good horn (Posted on 2/10/11)